Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 12:26 PM

11 posts, read 17,856 times

Advertisements

Thank you for clarifying about Seaside, the sports clubs attached to the 4 golf clubs were specifically mentioned by name...and nowhere in the FAQ was Seaside Wellness mentioned, but if you all believe "sports clubs" is inclusive of Seaside I am sure you are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM

91 posts, read 179,358 times
I agree there is nothing any individual can do about these issues, and that the closing will certainly proceed forward on 2/1.

However, individuals can still vote with their feet as to whether they want to pay for the Signature Membership or even keep their lot in SJP if a substantial change materializes. I certainly don't expect that to happen, but I feel it is certainly appropriate to ask questions. I was also happier about the situation when the developer owned the courses and clubhouses than a Third party--as good a reputation as Troon enjoys.

Steve

Old 01-11-2018, 05:28 AM

1,530 posts, read 2,415,635 times
A few years ago my group of 8 golfers played the Reserve course at SJP. The t time was booked through a golf vacation broker in Myrtle Beach. We plan on playing there again in September.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 AM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
IMO ..... the sale to Troon was the best of all options! From all accounts, it will have the least impact on the facilities and current membership. I am relieved and supportive of the sale.

Gatorbyter

Old 01-12-2018, 09:21 PM

91 posts, read 179,358 times
This was just issed by the Board of the POA:

Sale of the Clubs of St James Plantation to Troon Golf

On Tuesday, the ownership group announced that the Clubs of St James Plantation would be sold to Troon Golf with the closing of that sale in the first week of February. I know that this will engender a lot of discussion over the next few weeks and wanted to provide you with the POA Board position.

The POA Board and its Transition Committee have been studying the future of the Clubs for many years, including visits to similar communities to determine the best path forward. While the future of the clubs is important to golfers and other members, it is also very important to all property owners as it could have a lasting impact on property values.

As we approached the transition date of January 2020, the question of the future of the clubs became more critical. The greatest concerns voiced addressed the uncertainty of what would happen to the clubs in the near future. We now have that answer.

The elected POA Board Members received a briefing on the sale and were also provided additional written information. After reviewing the data, all the elected Board Members and the Transition Committee endorsed the sale of the Clubs to Troon Golf as the best path forward for St James Plantation.

I urge all of you to attend one of the presentations during the week of January 22nd to hear more about the sale and the protections put in place for the current membership.

Jerry Iverson
President, St James Plantation POA

Steve

Old 01-14-2018, 06:38 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
here are my thoughts on this development. if you are retired and enjoy golf, it is a place for you to live. that is pretty much all there is to say about that development.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:39 PM

59 posts, read 137,246 times
Does anyone know if the informational meetings will be recorded so that nonresident property owner members may be able to view afterwards? If not, who could we contact to see if that’s a possibility?

Old 01-16-2018, 03:32 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
Does anyone know if the informational meetings will be recorded so that nonresident property owner members may be able to view afterwards? If not, who could we contact to see if that’s a possibility?
From an earlier post:

"Q. If I have questions for Troon, should I speak to club management?

A. Yes, please feel free to contact Dave Flinchbaugh, Assistant General Manager, with any questions
about Troon
at deleted . He has been updated on the sale, and can answer related
questions. If you have questions for the St. James Plantation team, please don’t hesitate to reach out to
St. James General Manager Bobby Masters at deleted or Director of
Sales Dan Kingsbury
at . (NOTE: since this is a public forum, I deleted email addresses, club members should know where to find"

Old 01-17-2018, 08:35 AM

41 posts, read 60,541 times
We are in the process of selling our house and plan to move to the area sometime this year. We are currently looking in the Wilmington area, but are also considering SJP. We would like to rent first to make sure of the area. There are some long-term rentals in the plantation as well homes for sale. Can someone give me an idea of the different club memberships and their costs? Also I'm assuming you need to pay the membership fee every year and well as the HOA.

We drove through the subdivision last year and thought it was beautiful.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:39 AM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
@parrjo

Send me a private message that includes your personal email, and I will send you a PDF.

Gatorbyter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina