Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 04:52 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaper View Post
Beer Belly, there is also RV and Boat parking available in SJP, too. So whoever your realtor was, suggest you change to someone who knows what they are talking about. Hope it is not a relative!

Steve
Wow, this realtor was full of mixed info. He also stated there is a "buy in of 25k", which is a non issue, as the homes are affordable.....just don't understand the "Buy in". I specifically ask about a storage area within the gates of the Plantations we visited.....I do not like to leave my toys off site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 08:07 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Mr Belly .... as stated earlier there is precisely such an area just inside the main gate ( out of view of course ) for parking of RV's, boats, rusted pick-ups, etc..... this keeps those items from in front of private homes on our lovely landscaped and winding streets, preventing a trailer camp atmosphere. In addition, I am pretty sure they do not allow old washing machine and / or dryer skeletons to be displayed on front porches .... at least I have not seen them around on my inspection tours.

Apparently / obviously many ( not all ) realtors in the area dispense the same level of accurate knowledge and veracity as the 535 members of congress that we have elected to watch over us.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Stoney, did you get hold of my realtor and inform him of my arrival, just to shoot down my interest in the area ?. As I said previously, SJP is absolutely beautiful, as are the others we toured. Keep in mind, some of these RV's (Coaches) easily break the 300k mark and even go beyond a cool mill, so the idea that you bunch those who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle, with poor hillbilly types, and rusted out pick up trucks, is just an offensive remark....which by the way, you seem to be very versed at......I truly pity your type, so much more in life to enjoy.....try smiling once in a while, and enjoy all people of all walks without trying to beat up every person you come in contact with.....especially when hiding behind the keyboard. Be well my friend, and I'll let you know when we stop back down in July and we'll have some laughs over that cup of Java.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 AM

I am smiling with each post .... but I still remain secure in the rusted out pick-up rule..... and I do not care how much the RV costs .... it still cannot and should not be parked in front of a house in St James .... thankfully the powers that be have made the right rules.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
I am smiling with each post .... but I still remain secure in the rusted out pick-up rule..... and I do not care how much the RV costs .... it still cannot and should not be parked in front of a house in St James .... thankfully the powers that be have made the right rules.
I agree 100% on both counts, but to assume all pick up trucks, or just mine, is a rust bucket, couldn't be further from the truth......I don't own a vehicle outside it's bumper to bumper warranty, just a rule of mine.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:14 PM

Many, many pick-up trucks in St James, quite popular just like the rest of the country ...... just not the rusted busted ones up on blocks in the driveway.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:48 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
I am not exactly sure of the 'POA letter of the law' but I have seen RV's parked in driveways for short periods, 2 maybe 3 days at a time. It makes sense so that RV owners can park their vehicle at their home in preparation for trips such as stocking supplies, clean up etc. Occasionally I have seen one parked in condo areas, still connected to the tow vehicle, with power cords running up to balconies etc. I am assuming this is a week end visitor to one of the condo residents that had limited sleeping accommodations. Again, making several assumptions that the parked time is limited to a few days and it does not interfere with others right to park, fire lanes, general respect for neighbors in terms of noise etc .... I personally could be tolerant.

I know some residents use their garage for storage, work shops etc and their vehicles stay in the driveway all the time, including various SUVs and trucks. These are well kept private vehicles, not junkers, no advertising on the sides etc.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:24 AM

Yes Ditchie, RV's and boats can be parked in the driveway for limited time for cleaning, preparing, etc.... just not on a permanent basis.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I am not exactly sure of the 'POA letter of the law' but I have seen RV's parked in driveways for short periods, 2 maybe 3 days at a time. It makes sense so that RV owners can park their vehicle at their home in preparation for trips such as stocking supplies, clean up etc. Occasionally I have seen one parked in condo areas, still connected to the tow vehicle, with power cords running up to balconies etc. I am assuming this is a week end visitor to one of the condo residents that had limited sleeping accommodations. Again, making several assumptions that the parked time is limited to a few days and it does not interfere with others right to park, fire lanes, general respect for neighbors in terms of noise etc .... I personally could be tolerant.

I know some residents use their garage for storage, work shops etc and their vehicles stay in the driveway all the time, including various SUVs and trucks. These are well kept private vehicles, not junkers, no advertising on the sides etc.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:54 PM

11 posts, read 17,856 times
Hoping to get some information on relocation into St James. We are looking to relocate sometime summer 2018 and have definitely settled on St James after numerous trips up and down the eastern coast over many years. We have not decided if we will build or buy resale, but St James it will definitely be. Could someone kindly give a rough estimate (I know this can vary) for a monthly "nut" for expenses. Take out the cost of the home (as we will pay cash for the house whichever way we decide) I know the monthly club dues are approx $220...and our home will be about the 2100 sq ft range. Looking to see monthly electric, gas/propane/cable/water etc. Much appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina