Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 09:18 AM

213 posts, read 212,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster07 View Post
My husband and I live here in Wilmington. My mother and father in law already live here (near Carolina Beach...moved here from Ral/Durham 4 years ago and love it). I am from NC and my husband is from the New England area. His mother, 90 year old grandmother, and brother and his family are planning to move down to Wilmington (they have fallen in love with the area). They have been actively looking for places (new construction) in the area for almost a year. They stumbled across a small community called Sunset Reach that seems like no one knows about. It's on a high bluff right on the NE Cape Fear River and absolutely gorgeous. They are all boaters and proximity-wise it's a home run for them being so close to downtown (it's only 5 minutes from downtown). We are all hoping to build a family/summer home and we are all thrilled to death. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Good luck wherever you choose and dm me if you have any questions
Trying to decide between Wilmington( area close to Carolina beach) or near kids/grand-kids in Cary. Found some great homes we like in the Wilmington area but Cary is so full of new developments with tract builders we haven't seen anything that suits us yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 12:45 PM

59 posts, read 137,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antneye View Post
I'm sure it must be listed somewhere in here, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone point me to the different levels of membership/amenities and what you get for each within SJP? I love to golf but am not sure I would actually join but I am totally confused on what is or isn't tied to different membership levels and the overall costs of each.

Is there one place that clearly summarizes this information?

Basically the difference between Signature and Premiere memberships is The Reserve Club. Signature allows you to dine and golf at The Reserve Club in addition to the other three clubs. Premiere is all three clubs except The Reserve Club. Within each membership are three tiers: golf, sport, social. Social tier is all social activities at the club, dining, fitness, swimming, and limited golf. Sports is all the social activities, dining, fitness, swimming, tennis, pickleball, and limited golf. Golf is for the avid golfer, waives green fees, etc. plus all the amenities of the Sports and Social tiers.

There's a one-time initial fee depending upon which membership you choose and then monthly fee based on what tier of membership. If you are a non resident, the fee is reduced for about five years and then you'll pay the resident fee. Food and beverage requirement for resident is $650/year, and $200/year for nonresidents, which isn't hard to obtain with a couple visits to Tommy Thompson's and the Seaside Snack bar.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:23 AM

91 posts, read 180,191 times
How often do the larger boat dry rack spots come up for sale, something that would accommodate a 25 foot center counsel with the top? The rental program is currently full, too.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2017, 02:07 PM

8,402 posts, read 4,404,158 times
Polly Gully Causeway Open

The Polly Gully Causeway will be open for traffic beginning on Friday, June 30 at 4:00 pm. The structural rebuild of the 500 foot causeway is generally complete with the exception of some cosmetic touches and the final installation of sheet piling at the Trailwood end. This installation is on hold pending a revised permit from the State of North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality. Once the permitting is in place, the road may again be closed for a few days to finish the project. We appreciate your patience during this much needed infrastructure improvement.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:41 AM

44 posts, read 67,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
Basically the difference between Signature and Premiere memberships is The Reserve Club. Signature allows you to dine and golf at The Reserve Club in addition to the other three clubs. Premiere is all three clubs except The Reserve Club. Within each membership are three tiers: golf, sport, social. Social tier is all social activities at the club, dining, fitness, swimming, and limited golf. Sports is all the social activities, dining, fitness, swimming, tennis, pickleball, and limited golf. Golf is for the avid golfer, waives green fees, etc. plus all the amenities of the Sports and Social tiers.

There's a one-time initial fee depending upon which membership you choose and then monthly fee based on what tier of membership. If you are a non resident, the fee is reduced for about five years and then you'll pay the resident fee. Food and beverage requirement for resident is $650/year, and $200/year for nonresidents, which isn't hard to obtain with a couple visits to Tommy Thompson's and the Seaside Snack bar.

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Would you happen to know where I can find a schedule of costs/fees for each of these?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:42 AM

I do not think The Clubs posts their fee structure anywhere on the membership web site. I am sure if you call they will tell you or perhaps email you a copy.

Otherwise, there are numbers tossed around in this thread in a couple of places. This is one.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...bus-day-2.html

Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 PM

52 posts, read 92,270 times
Default Water softener or filters

I'm in the process of building a new home in SJP Curious how many people have decided to install either a water softener or other water filter systems in their home. Seems to me that it's easier to rough in plumbing connections during the construction phase even if you don't put filters in from the beginning. I know there's a number of water pressure issues but curious about quality and hardness.
Thanks

Old 07-10-2017, 06:47 AM

183 posts, read 289,346 times
Im looking at a satellite view of SJP from last fall that shows an initial phase of sitework to extend Wyndmere Dr to the west all the way to Oceanic in the Seaside neighborhood. Is there an estimate of when this will be open to traffic?

Near the eastern end of this new section of Wyndmere is what appears to be a traffic circle with another road heading N to a new entrance from NC 211. Is there any info about a new entrance in that area? It could mean another traffic light on NC 211, since the Mirasol retail development would be across from it.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikjim View Post
Im looking at a satellite view of SJP from last fall that shows an initial phase of sitework to extend Wyndmere Dr to the west all the way to Oceanic in the Seaside neighborhood. Is there an estimate of when this will be open to traffic?

Near the eastern end of this new section of Wyndmere is what appears to be a traffic circle with another road heading N to a new entrance from NC 211. Is there any info about a new entrance in that area? It could mean another traffic light on NC 211, since the Mirasol retail development would be across from it.
No official here but a few things from various discussions:

The SJP Fire Department is building a new station on Oceanic. If you are able to spot the 'pumping station' beside the road in satellite view, the new station will be beside it. It will have 3 bays and an upstairs dedicated to emergency operations for SJP. There will be additional parking across the street. The contract has been signed. Permitting and paper work is in process with construction to start within the next 30 or so days. Completion is hopefully about May of 2018.

Having said that, Oceanic should be completed by then. Yes, there is a circle with a drive going out to 211. However, next year the state is supposed to start on widening 211 to four lanes. I doubt this exit from Oceanic to 211 will be done until the state is done or near done with 211, probably five year or so in the future.

With all the projected growth along 211 over the next 10-20 years, there will probably be several stop lights. Growth is pretty much inevitable. The real question is, will you live another 20-25 years to see it .

Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 AM

805 posts, read 2,009,182 times
Default Worms and coffee

FYI ... the Worms and Coffee building / gas station has been demolished.... it is no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina