Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 05:23 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,404,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikjim View Post
Nine weeks later, Google Maps published the map updates needed for traffic directions to and from the new gate, including the U-turn to get to OKI from SJP.

Gmaps does not show closure of SJ Dr for work at Polly Gully, so some GMaps directions might suggest that route.
I noticed on Tuesday, I navigated to Coastal ENT office on 17 toward Shallotte, I was routed through the new gate.

Nice job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 06:19 AM

44 posts, read 67,324 times
I'm sure it must be listed somewhere in here, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone point me to the different levels of membership/amenities and what you get for each within SJP? I love to golf but am not sure I would actually join but I am totally confused on what is or isn't tied to different membership levels and the overall costs of each.

Is there one place that clearly summarizes this information?

Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 PM

3,420 posts, read 1,482,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antneye View Post
I'm sure it must be listed somewhere in here, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone point me to the different levels of membership/amenities and what you get for each within SJP? I love to golf but am not sure I would actually join but I am totally confused on what is or isn't tied to different membership levels and the overall costs of each.

Is there one place that clearly summarizes this information?
This might be of some use to you:

Home - The Clubs at St. James Plantation

Old 06-19-2017, 04:57 AM

2,711 posts, read 3,404,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
This might be of some use to you:

Home - The Clubs at St. James Plantation
Link requires "Log on".....no avenue to Register

Old 06-19-2017, 02:31 PM

6 posts, read 9,262 times
Good afternoon to all. My first time posting here as my wife and I are in the final days of finalizing our purchase of a lot in SJP. We looked for over 2 years at all the normal places, Aiken SC, HH Island, the Landings and others before coming for a stay at St James. We decided to buy almost right away. Will be a few years before we build but we both thought the time is now to get the lot....

Old 06-19-2017, 02:33 PM

My wife and I are in the process of completeing the purchase of a lot in SJP! We looked all the normal places before coming last month for a visit. We loved it and could find nowhere that can touch the ameneities that SJP has. We will not build for a few years but really thought the time was right to get the lot now! Know we have made the right choice...looking forward to finding a builder in the next few years.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:52 PM

158 posts, read 316,583 times
Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmaem View Post
Good afternoon to all. My first time posting here as my wife and I are in the final days of finalizing our purchase of a lot in SJP. We looked for over 2 years at all the normal places, Aiken SC, HH Island, the Landings and others before coming for a stay at St James. We decided to buy almost right away. Will be a few years before we build but we both thought the time is now to get the lot....

Old 06-19-2017, 10:43 PM

91 posts, read 180,191 times
Welcome! We visited all the same places, and also decided to purchase a lot in SJP a couple weeks ago. We, too, felt now was the time to buy before the pickings start to get slim. We are also about 18 months from breaking ground.

Keep up posted on the developments.

Escaper

Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 AM

Yeah look forward to hearing how your process goes as well. We are prabaly a year or two after your 18 month timeline...

Old 06-20-2017, 09:12 AM

213 posts, read 212,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missanna View Post

I get so frustrated with wealthy people moving to our area and looking down on those of us who grew up here. I would say someone is snobby if they don't like shopping at WalMart with folks who live in trailers...which happen to be just about the only affordable housing for those of us who didn't sell a house in yankee-land and move to the South, drive up land prices, and steal the land that has been in families for generations due to the increase in taxes.
Brunswick County is beautiful but very rural. Expect to drive at least 45 minutes to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach, SC, to do much shopping, at least for the time being. St. James has plopped itself down on the outskirts of a small beach community and declared itself a town, and it is trying to determine the fate of those outside it's gates without giving them a vote. I personally wouldn't want to live in a gated town that wants to keep out the average joe. I work close to St. James and in the tourist season, I can't make it to the local bank (normally a 10 minute drive) during my lunch hour. Lots of overwhelming, crazy traffic. Expect to exercise a lot of patience.
I post this because there are many people who feel the way I do, but the local media and governments want to raise the tax base and put the needs of the newcomers over the needs of the locals. There is going to be a big problem in the future if something isn't done to even out the situation. Housing for folks who teach or fight fires or work at that fancy boutique is almost out of reach now.
That said, we welcome those who would move here and try to blend in, slow down, and speak with a drawl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina