Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 06:32 PM

91 posts, read 180,012 times

Advertisements

Stoney, did you go whole house filtration or water softener only? Thanks!

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 07:42 PM

805 posts, read 2,007,920 times
The whole package .... everything. Great water now, Poland Springs comes to my house to fill up their bottles twice a week.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM

LOL. So it pays for itself eventually!

Thanks. Anyone else want to chime in on water solutions?

Steve

Old 10-12-2017, 05:07 PM

8,398 posts, read 4,395,180 times
I have used Kinetico in the past. I like it's simplicity. Control is a clock mechinism that is based on water usage. You just add salt about once a year and it works.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:16 PM

I saw an announcement that they are remodeling the bathrooms and showers at the Beach Club for SJP. One feature when completed is that the bathrooms will be available year-round, instead of just seasonally. Very nice feature for folks that like to walk the beach all year long...

Steve

Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 AM

2,710 posts, read 3,397,790 times
I've been hot on St. James for quite a while now, and finally went for a visit. What I found was somewhat not what I expected. It's a beautiful place, very well kept and I can see the draw once you pass the gate, but there is very little outside the gate....it's almost feels like it's out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest hospital only has 28 beds ?.....is that true ?. We also heard Winding River Plantation was best bang for the buck.....totally two different animals, but that also seemed far from any outside life.....inside both Plantations were nice, but shake my head when it comes to convenience outside each one. Not what I was lead to believe

Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,408,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
I've been hot on St. James for quite a while now, and finally went for a visit. What I found was somewhat not what I expected. It's a beautiful place, very well kept and I can see the draw once you pass the gate, but there is very little outside the gate....it's almost feels like it's out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest hospital only has 28 beds ?.....is that true ?. We also heard Winding River Plantation was best bang for the buck.....totally two different animals, but that also seemed far from any outside life.....inside both Plantations were nice, but shake my head when it comes to convenience outside each one. Not what I was lead to believe
The nearest hospital is Dosher, in Southport, which is licensed for 25 beds. A little further away is Brunswick Novant Hospital, which has 66 beds. And course, New Hanover Regional in Wilmington is less than 45 minutes away with hundreds of beds.

Its not as isolated as it may appear at first glance. There's 2 Lowe's food stores, a Walmart. Lowe's home improvement and associated shopping centers less than 10 minutes from the front gate. Southport and Oak Island are 10 - 15 minutes away. There are doctors offices and a wellness center inside SJP. Lots of shopping in Leland, 20 minutes away. Downtown Wilmington is 30 minutes.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:55 PM

77 posts, read 143,046 times
Quote:
My struggle as well. We are still considering SJ but the location is a negative.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:04 PM

301 posts, read 480,077 times
If you have a heart attack in Brunswick County, you are transported to either Wilmington or MB depending on the drive time. I wouldn't consider Dosher a hospital, Novant can handle some low level emergency situations and basic medical procedures.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM

301 posts, read 480,077 times
Quote:
FWIW, I think the majority of homeowners who purchased on 211 wanted to be in a "rural" area. You might want to look at Charleston SC or Florida locations if you are looking for an urban setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina