Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 09:09 AM

126 posts, read 192,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85SL View Post
Or maybe something not so sophisticated. A course down the road from me just converted some of its acreage and its practice range into a foot golf course.
Hey Mid South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu2DtA4XTVk
Looks like Billy Casper is into foot golf. I pulled this off of the Harbour Pointe Golf web page.
BCDN: Aloha FootGolf at Ka'anapali Golf Courses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 AM

183 posts, read 326,515 times
We have pickleball!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjb1953 View Post
We have pickleball!!!
I had to look that up.

All the more reason to move to FFH.

My Aerdale will love it.

LOL

Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 AM

120 posts, read 233,634 times
With reference to my post #330, the news is that the elections just yielded winners that guarantee more of the same. So the death spiral is likely to continue and even get worse. For example, my next door neighbor on the East just got a contract selling her house with an asking price of $295K. Yes, a waterfront property with 140 feet of new bulkhead and a totally renovated dwelling, inside and out. Check out the listing at: 6015 Cassowary Ln, New Bern, NC 28560 is For Sale | Zillow

When the closing price becomes public record, I will post the info. For now we know that the 100% property tax assessment was $412,480.00 just 5 or 6 years ago, and that was before adding an addition. Fire sale for sure. I suppose I should look at the bright size, with reassessment coming next year, my assessment should fall through the floor, along with my actual tax bill. As best I can sense, if you want to sell a waterfront home, you have to get your asking price under $300K.

Quick update on the 7/1/15 restaurant opening at the marina. The restaurant business is having trouble getting wait staff and such due to the history of the location. I am hearing that 7/15/15 is the new open target, but that is a soft date. How low can we go when restaurant help refuses to work in our community. This place also has a reputation for cheap tippers, which no doubt is hurting the staffing effort.

Pete Drez

Old 07-01-2015, 11:09 AM

23 posts, read 31,176 times
It did appear that the new candidates lost quite soundly. I guess that means that the majority of the voters are happy with the current direction that is being pursued to rebuild the community. Since we are newcomers I will interpret this as a positive sign for the time being. Regarding the restaurant, I certainly hope that we as a community are not one of the reasons that this location is not viable. Consider all the time and effort saved by not having to drive into town to enjoy a good meal. Let's consider adding at the least the cost of a gallon of gas to what we would normally tip at every visit and keep the restaurant crew delighted to be part of the community. BTW, we are coming down for 10 days starting Saturday to begin furnishing our new vacation home (at least new to us). If anyone has good used furniture that they are looking to part with let us know. Thanks, Chris

Old 07-01-2015, 11:41 AM

183 posts, read 326,515 times
Pete Drez you sound like the most miserable person on the face of the earth.I hope you find a happy place in your life but I think that would in all probability be impossible at this stage of your life.You are losing your battle to disparage this community because people are buying homes and moving in.Good luck in your future endeavors and you will fight to your death trying to prove you are right .Some folks are just built that way.Don't worry I won't engage in a back and forth with you because I have more positive things to do with my life .Signing off of this thread for good.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:55 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Why are there so many homes for sale in FFH? Where are those folks moving to?

I must admit--this is the most entertaining thread on the "coastal NC" forum!

Last edited by escapenc; 07-01-2015 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishub View Post
It did appear that the new candidates lost quite soundly. I guess that means that the majority of the voters are happy with the current direction that is being pursued to rebuild the community. Since we are newcomers I will interpret this as a positive sign for the time being. Regarding the restaurant, I certainly hope that we as a community are not one of the reasons that this location is not viable. Consider all the time and effort saved by not having to drive into town to enjoy a good meal. Let's consider adding at the least the cost of a gallon of gas to what we would normally tip at every visit and keep the restaurant crew delighted to be part of the community. BTW, we are coming down for 10 days starting Saturday to begin furnishing our new vacation home (at least new to us). If anyone has good used furniture that they are looking to part with let us know. Thanks, Chris
Chris, congratulations. And be careful moving the furnishings. Take your time. Four weeks ago while moving my furnishings in, I backed into a foot high unilock planter and nailed the sharp corner right below my calf. Four weeks later my leg is still swollen and black and blue and it still hurts like hell. Naturally it happened just as we started and I still had a day and a half left of moving furniture.
On the bright side being here this week and going from the hot tub to the pool to the sauna and in the sun and so on has really sped up the healing. This place certainly is therapeutic. As a lady we met at the pool the other day who has lived in FFH for 15 years said. "Here at FFH, every day is vacation".

Old 07-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Gjjb1953, did you just receive your mail order Doctorate in Psychology. Perhaps watching your neighbors having to sell at 30% or 40% discounts, as they head for locations more accommodating in their final years, just does not get your attention, as it is not you. I am here to stay so it is also not my problem. My apology to you for being concerned for others.

Pete Drez

Old 07-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Escapenc, a few move locally to other communities but the vast majority are going back to their roots, near family. Most came here in a quest for a retirement heaven, have watched it migrate towards hell and are bailing out at a loss. The desperation to get out is such, that most folks are happy with anything they get just as long as they are out. Others decided to rent their property, primarily to young military families from Cherry Point, but after a while they also just take anything to be done with Fairfield Harbour. Those on this forum that think they got the deal of a lifetime, will most likely be singing a different tune in a year or two.

We did install a new POA President today, Ann Simpson. Perhaps the lesser level of Testosterone at the top will prove beneficial.

Pete Drez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina