Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I also hope a good crowd shows up at The Jones to help the team bring in a final win for the season. Wreck 'Em Tech!
Well, I'll be part of that crowd, so I hope so, too. It'll be the last chance to see players like Batch, Whitlock, Bird, Duncan, and hopefully both senior QB's play there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 10:01 PM

12 posts, read 22,802 times
Still keepers of the longest "bowl eligible" streak in the Big 12!! Go Red Raiders!!
The big win over Weber State on senior day keeps us in the lead on this stat. Next week, Houston in a grudge match. It will be televised, so watch and cheer!

Old 11-28-2010, 12:59 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
That game against Houston last night was a little sloppy but a win is a win! Those critical turnovers Tech committed could have cost them badly but the defense stepped up and kept Houston from taking control of the game. With all the injuries Tech has had this year, as well as getting an all new coaching staff I consider ending up 7-5 for the season a very good thing. They'll probably be invited to a bowl...I didn't even think they'd be bowl eligible this year...lol. Go Red Raiders!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Yeah...

I sat through the cold weather until about 4-5 minutes left in the game. It was fun.

We'll definitely miss Whitlock next year, and Batch has definitely earned a place in Red Raider lore.

We need to stop turning the ball over on O, and tackle better on D.

I do like how Cody Davis and DJ Johnson got picks.

Hopefully the pass rushing improves next year, somehow.

Has P/K Donnie Carona finally reached his potential? In that same regard, will we ever see a contest winner like Matt Williams again, anywhere? (A guy last night won six months' free rent by kicking into the strong wind from the 25.)

Anyway, I was glad to see the win in person. It was also nice to see Houston's fake punt actually NOT work.

Even though I disagreed with one call (I would have gone for it on fourth-and-inches near the 50), I'll take the win.

If I had my preferences for bowl games, topping the list of possibilities would be the Texas Bowl (rich recruiting area, nice stadium), followed by the Pinstripe (obviously a huge media market), and then TicketCity (have already been there this year).

Old 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
If I had my preferences for bowl games, topping the list of possibilities would be the Texas Bowl (rich recruiting area, nice stadium), followed by the Pinstripe (obviously a huge media market), and then TicketCity (have already been there this year).
They'll probably end up in one of those bowls. Travel for Tech fans would certainly be easier if they go to the Texas Bowl or TicketCity bowl but I also think it would be cool to see Tech play in Yankee Stadium in the Pinstripe Bowl. Wherever they go I'll certainly be rooting for them. Wreck 'Em Tech!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 PM

Default TicketCity vs. Northwestern

I guess there are a few silver linings, like a shorter travel distance and playing on a sort of home field. The payout is actually higher for this game than the Texas Bowl as well(?). Hopefully Tech fans can represent for this one.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I guess there are a few silver linings, like a shorter travel distance and playing on a sort of home field. The payout is actually higher for this game than the Texas Bowl as well(?). Hopefully Tech fans can represent for this one.
There should be a good turnout in Dallas since there are a lot of Tech alumni in that area and like you said, it's also a shorter drive from Lubbock than the Texas Bowl would have been. I can't go to the game and since they are televising it on ESPNU, which I don't get, I won't get to see it....Ugghh! I get just about every other sports related channel from my cable provider except that one. I don't even know anybody that gets that channel...lol.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 PM

There should be a sports bar that will show it. If not, complain...

Old 12-26-2010, 11:20 PM

DC James Willis is no longer at Tech. More details to follow.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
DC James Willis is no longer at Tech. More details to follow.
That's weird for him to leave right before the bowl game. I haven't been able to find any details on it so far, Tubs just released some generic statement wishing him well, etc. That makes me think that he may have left for personal reasons. Willis didn't do a very good job as DC, Tech's defense went from an average one to one of the worst in the country in one season. As a result, I hope Tubs finds someone else that will work out better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football