Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I don't think it matters. What is going to get Sandusky put away are the actual victims that came forward.

I don't know...Macquery actually saw what happened-he is a key witness...and he screwed that up by being an idiot...

Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I don't know...Macquery actually saw what happened-he is a key witness...and he screwed that up by being an idiot...
An actual victim is better than anyone.

Think of it like this. Imagine the only allegation was from McQueary? Probably not much of a case.

McQueary would say what he saw.
Sandusky would deny it.

There is no real evidence.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Making tasteless jokes about pedophile assault demeans what those young boys experienced. It is not funny no matter how you try to spin it. I feel the same way about the "N" word. Too much bad history tied to it.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM

But there is more third party testimony-- just not eyewitness beside the victims and that does not ways go how you might think. It is really too bad the janitor cant give first hand testimony about what he saw in same shower room (Ithink the same).

Old 11-17-2011, 04:13 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Part of the strategy of the accused attorneys is to distract the people from the essential crime. They will try to do so until the jury finds his sick soul guilty as charged.

Remember with a video and a full on beating of Rodney King the jury found the angry mob of cops innocent. The attorneys accomplished this by using distraction from the essential crime.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:37 PM

this link is to blog of guy Matt Paknis who was grad assistant for Paterno back in the 80s--

Building Teams & Leaders with Matt Paknis

He knew Sandusky somewhat but they coached on different sides of the ball--He spent more time with Paterno and the offensive coaches...
he is very caustic about Paterno and the attitude surrounding Penn State football--
this guy was a very successful high school player and scholar despite being abused by
someone he thought was a friend as a young boy--so he knows about pedophile behavior and discusses that...

he makes a comment that I had not heard and really took me aback--

Another bizarre tradition at PSU was the coaches showered together after each practice and game. We never did this at Brown or at URI and my coaching friends never experienced this on their staffs. It was one of the many things at PSU that made me realize there was something very strange about the program and its staff.

After reading that I can see how someone at PSU might not view Sandusky showering with those boys in such a weird light--
maybe that is accepted jock behavior --but the writer's own comments seem to bely its normalcy...

He was there and he got out--and being there left a bad taste in his mouth--even before he knew about Sandusky's true history

Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse-Macquery...what an idiot....he just made his grand jury testimony not worth sh(*-who are these stupid attorney's? Tell your clients to shut the hell up-

Since Macquery is lying to save his ass...this just help Sandusky's case. This case gets worse by the day-
I agree!! Why aren't these lawyers gagging their clients?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Making tasteless jokes about pedophile assault demeans what those young boys experienced. It is not funny no matter how you try to spin it. I feel the same way about the "N" word. Too much bad history tied to it.
I agree. Not a laughing matter, no matter how you spin it. Leave the jokes to the late night hosts...they don't belong here in this discussion.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine under investigation for sexual-abuse allegations | Beyond the Arc

Pandora's Box has been opened. Let's see how many pervs were hiding in it.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 PM

I read that story--
that guy has "confessed" that he was abused by Fine before and it was investigated and all the people he said would corroberate it failed to do so--
now he has a cousin who did not come forward the first time it was investigated to back him up
even his mother has no suspicions it was happening when he was younger--

think this might be false accusation--not legitimate...

Old 11-17-2011, 09:22 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I read that story--
that guy has "confessed" that he was abused by Fine before and it was investigated and all the people he said would corroberate it failed to do so--
now he has a cousin who did not come forward the first time it was investigated to back him up
even his mother has no suspicions it was happening when he was younger--

think this might be false accusation--not legitimate...
Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football