Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

Men who select and target children are as addicted to the activity as a crack addict.

It is their "go to" activity. They must have it, create circumstances where it is available and will potentially kill to keep it. I bet you he is under 24 hour police surveillance as well as the bracelet which tracks his every move.

A caged animal. Just imagine how he feels not getting his "meat".

Old 11-24-2011, 05:28 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg2010 View Post
Sandusky wife should be charge as well-I believe she knew or had some idea
Exactly!!!! A woman knows even when a hair is out of place, not to mention these sick shenanigans!

Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,398,085 times
Over Thanksgiving dinner my family and I discussed the PennState situation. We only live an hour from State College and know people in the area so it's still a hot topic. Let me just say that this whole situation goes far beyond Joe Paterno. I find it almost impossible that Paterno would purposely cover up child molestation. When Jerry Sandusky abruptly retired in 99 not only did Joe Paterno not attend Sandusky's retirement party he told the recently ousted athletic director Tim Curley that he, (Paterno), didn't want Sandusky around anymore. However, Paterno's request was denied. Sandusky still had keys to the facilities. It was in 2002 when former quarterback and assistant coach Mike McQuery walked in on Sandusky having sex with a young boy. It is rumored that while the team was away is when Sandusky gave the boys in the Second Mile "tours" of the facilities. When current PA governor Tom Corbett took office one of the first things he wanted to do was slash education spending by 50%. Former PSU president Gram Spanier along with many others marched on the state capital's steps in opposition to Corbett's plan. Corbett told Spanier if he didn't stop protesting that "he'd be sorry." Hmmm kinda funny that prior to being governor Corbett was Attorney General. Also kinda strange that prior to this story breaking only one state trooper in a three county area knew about this. It's also odd that Joe Paterno was not allowed to speak to the press since all of this. I do think eventually he will break his silence. Do I think Paterno and Spanier are being used as scapegoats? To a degree. My point is people further up the chain than Joe Paterno and Gram Spanier knew about this, people on the board of trustees and I think even governor Corbett. Personally, I think Tom Corbett is a sneaky motherf*cker! How ironic is that while the natural gas drilling industry is thriving in PA he takes millions from the industry in campaign donations and wins the election for governor. Reminds me of Dick Cheney and Haliburton's no-bid defense contracts. Do I think JoePa's time to retire had come? About ten years ago it did. Do I think Joe ever abused his power and knew he had PSU by the short hairs? Of course! In 2004 Joe was asked to step down and he flat out said "no." Who else could get away with that? Joe gave millions back to the school and even he knew the university was getting him cheap. Joe was making between $300,000-$400,000 a year. Nick Saban at Alabama; around $3 million a year for a comparison. Let me be the first to say it, before everyone crucifies Paterno, this goes way beyond football!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
How could JoePa not be "allowed" to speak to the press? He's been fired! He doesn't have to answer to anyone at PSU any more. He can talk to whoever he wants.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:26 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Over Thanksgiving dinner my family and I discussed the PennState situation. We only live an hour from State College and know people in the area so it's still a hot topic. Let me just say that this whole situation goes far beyond Joe Paterno. I find it almost impossible that Paterno would purposely cover up child molestation. When Jerry Sandusky abruptly retired in 99 not only did Joe Paterno not attend Sandusky's retirement party he told the recently ousted athletic director Tim Curley that he, (Paterno), didn't want Sandusky around anymore. However, Paterno's request was denied. Sandusky still had keys to the facilities. It was in 2002 when former quarterback and assistant coach Mike McQuery walked in on Sandusky having sex with a young boy. It is rumored that while the team was away is when Sandusky gave the boys in the Second Mile "tours" of the facilities. When current PA governor Tom Corbett took office one of the first things he wanted to do was slash education spending by 50%. Former PSU president Gram Spanier along with many others marched on the state capital's steps in opposition to Corbett's plan. Corbett told Spanier if he didn't stop protesting that "he'd be sorry." Hmmm kinda funny that prior to being governor Corbett was Attorney General. Also kinda strange that prior to this story breaking only one state trooper in a three county area knew about this. It's also odd that Joe Paterno was not allowed to speak to the press since all of this. I do think eventually he will break his silence. Do I think Paterno and Spanier are being used as scapegoats? To a degree. My point is people further up the chain than Joe Paterno and Gram Spanier knew about this, people on the board of trustees and I think even governor Corbett. Personally, I think Tom Corbett is a sneaky motherf*cker! How ironic is that while the natural gas drilling industry is thriving in PA he takes millions from the industry in campaign donations and wins the election for governor. Reminds me of Dick Cheney and Haliburton's no-bid defense contracts. Do I think JoePa's time to retire had come? About ten years ago it did. Do I think Joe ever abused his power and knew he had PSU by the short hairs? Of course! In 2004 Joe was asked to step down and he flat out said "no." Who else could get away with that? Joe gave millions back to the school and even he knew the university was getting him cheap. Joe was making between $300,000-$400,000 a year. Nick Saban at Alabama; around $3 million a year for a comparison. Let me be the first to say it, before everyone crucifies Paterno, this goes way beyond football!
For this post you are getting reps! I agree with you on many points in this post. A lot of people have their heads in the sand over this...only hear what is being reported on all the news channels. They don't know the entire backgrouond of the inner workings of Pennsylvania! This ABSOLUTELY goes way beyond football! And anyone who says it doesn't --they know squat about PA.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
I think some/many people may think the former FBI head Freeh leading the PSU investigation will do an honest investigation but I don't
He has lied to Congress and been involved in his own coverups of govt scandals in past
Think Ruby Ridge investigation which he did not peruse after he became Director
Think the Waco fiasco--whoever you think was responsible--Koresh or the FBI for the ending--I doubt anyone thinks there was a full, open, in-depth revealing of the facts brought forward...

Frankly anyone John ******** praises as a "good" FBI agent is suspect in my book
If you want someone who knows how to dig into a criminal conspiracy and manage to cover up the involvement/guilt of people who are paying your salary then Freeh is probably your prime candidate.

Paterno has retained a high profile criminal law firm and THEY are telling him to shut up
Too bad McQueary did not have similar oversight to prevent him from sticking his foot in his mouth...and tainting his testimony against Sandusky...

Old 11-25-2011, 09:00 AM

Why can't I write a-s-h-c-r-o-f-t ?

Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Paterno has retained a high profile criminal law firm and THEY are telling him to shut up
Too bad McQueary did not have similar oversight to prevent him from sticking his foot in his mouth...and tainting his testimony against Sandusky...
Exactly. Most lawyers put a gag on their client's mouth in high profile cases.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Latest accusation says former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky may have sexually abused one of his grandchildren: lawyer - NY Daily News
this article just replays some past news but it says that the person accusing Sandusky of abuse within his family is one of his "daughter in laws"
I know that one of the adopted sons is going through divorce or has been divorced and that wife has filed petition to prevent Sandusky from seeing her children alone--
she has two younger girls and a young/toddler boy
if one of those is supposed to be the child Sandusky has abused--that is probably not accurate charge

if it is different daughter in law with older grandchild that is more likely

does anyone know from your local news media or personal sources which daughter in law is the one bringing the charge---
I hate to see someone afraid and angry about Sandusky or other personal concerns who has started coloring outside the lines and bringing accusations that won't hold up to scrutiny...

Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,635,340 times
Syracuse basketball coach fired amid sex abuse investigation

Syracuse University has fired Bernie Fine as an assistant men's basketball coach, a school spokesman announced Sunday night, hours after new reports arose regarding his alleged sexual abuse of boys. "At the direction of Chancellor Cantor, Bernie Fine's employment with Syracuse University has been terminated, effective immediately," Kevin Quinn said in a statement, referring to Syracuse Chancellor Nancy Cantor.

Syracuse basketball coach fired amid sex abuse investigation - CNN.com

I lived in upstate NY for six years, about 30 miles from Syracuse. Was (still am) a big fan of the basketball program and Coach Boeheim who's been the coach there for 35 years.

I'm going to be real disappointed and pissed if it comes to light that Boeheim had any inkling his assistant was a POS pedophile and/or child molester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football