Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 02:58 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

I think this DA has her stuff ready to go. I don't know if McQ will be there or not. This hearing is only to bind the pervert over for trial if I am not mistaken.

Denial vs. Reality. Should be a clash. We will see if the accused has connections beyond the original judge. Bear in mind the chances that the accused will show his colors or even admit anything is minimized by his mental defect.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Dont mention "mental defect" and Sandusky in same thought
Dont offer any defense of that sort
He knows the difference between right-wrong
Why he is lying now

Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM

He is mentally ill. Not to the point where he would not be held for trial, but he is nonetheless out of touch with the monster inside.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 AM

I disagree with your interpretation/POV
Sandusky keeps a tight rein on that monster 24/7--he knows exactly when it is safe to let it out--which is one reason he has been so successful in hiding from the light of day and the legal system
whether you consider his behavior mentally ill or jsimply inhuman begs the question that he can't be judged as a "rational" person would be for a crime--
He may be acting under an overwhelming compulsion that he can't deny--
My point is that he does not want to deny it
if he thought what he did was "right" in the eyes of the law, society, or God--he would not be covering his trail for 50 yrs...
If he truly thought what he was doing was "wrong" he would/should have gotten counseling/treatment for it long before now...
He can't have it both ways...

and this article shows that Paterno and Second Mile people were neck-deep in investing together in the past--
JOE?S BUSINESS AS USUAL - WWW.THEDAILY.COM
Another facet of his involvement that investigation has brought to light--
incentuous in the sense that people in that area involved in football and Second Mile gravitated to one another on social and business levels--not just charitable ventures...
Note that this housing development was built on PSU property and had to be created as a non-profit organization --that it was the brain child of PSU former-president and had members of PSU admin on its board--that the time line for its creation and that of McQueary's outting of Sandusky's rapist behavior intersects--
and could be another reason why those men kept silent and downplayed Sandusky's criminal actions...

Developers were in the process of filing for building permits and marketing the units when graduate assistant Mike McQueary testified that he approached Paterno in March 2002 to tell him that he had seen Sandusky sodomizing a boy in the football team’s showers.

After being informed by Paterno, a week and a half passed before Schultz and Penn State athletic director Tim Curley called McQueary to a meeting to discuss the incident. No police report was filed.

“It’s no coincidence that they failed to act at the same time that they were working on this project,” said victims’ attorney Jeff Anderson, who filed a civil lawsuit against Sandusky, The Second Mile and Penn State on Wednesday.

Anderson called the $125 million project “another layer of motivation, individual financial stakes, in making sure that the stature of The Second Mile and Penn State remained intact.”

Of course that is speculation on the part of Anderson at this time because no one has admitted any connection between that construction/investment project and how PSU dealt with McQueary's accusation of Sandusky--
but it certainly offers some food for thought and deeper context to understand motivations behind the actions/decisions of PSU personnel...

The fact that they sold their souls to further a monetary venture just rebounded negatively on them financially as well as morally--that project went into bankruptcy this week...

Last edited by loves2read; 12-07-2011 at 08:09 AM..

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times
More accusers come forward... Sandusky arrested again. wow...

Penn State Nittany Lions scandal -- Jerry Sandusky arrested on new sex abuse charges - ESPN

Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 PM

The man is in jail. Round 1 to the DA.

I also feel that this thread now belongs in the True Crime Section with all respect due to the college athletes and coaches that have fun and play football.

Mod. REQUEST thread be moved.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
I'm going to lock this thread but I will keep this thread as a "sticky" a while longer because for the last few weeks all posters, be it Pennsylvania residents, Penn State Alumni, or college and pro football fans are used to having it here. I'll leave this up as a notification, then as more people get used to posting on the same related thread in the True Crimes Forum and people are used to the new forum location, I'll drop the "sticky."

True Crimes forum is moderated by jasper12. The thread in that forum that is getting a lot of action is "Ret. Penn State coach charged with 40 counts/sexual counts against boys." Thank you.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-08-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
As Joe Paterno's health has taken a turn for the worse, I'm re-opening this thread. There was a thread in Politics/Other Controversies with an initial post that reported his death. Those reports have turned out to be false.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM

This guy was just lost--wasn't he...
Basically stayed at the ball too long...

he will die before Sandusky goes to trial and whatever insight he could have offered (and I doubt the value for many reasons) is going to the grave with him
meaning that he can offer no explanation for his actions/knowledge
His guilt/innocence/knowledge base will become a dark hole for Sandusky to lob his CYA remarks into

Will create an aura of sanctity to certain extent because some people will refuse to persue his involvement
Lot of people can lay blame on him since he won't be here to deny it
His estate can still be sued I think by young men who might claim he was shielding Sandusky
His wife is going to be hardpressed to deal with all the problems that develop

Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times
Didnt Bear Bryant die a few months after retirement and that is one of the reasons Paterno didnt ever want to retire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football