Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:35 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,194 times

Advertisements

Just a couple random questions for whatever reason.

What did you major in?
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)?
What college did you go to?
And finally
What was your first job after graduation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,642 times
What did you major in? English. I'm not a fan of literature, but I enjoy the kind of writing an English major must do.

What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? I did not finish college; I left after two years.

What college did you go to? A traditional 4-year, private women's college.

What was your first job after graduation? First job after I left college was as a pizza delivery person. I now work as a contract administrator, creating and processing contracts and tracking revenue. I utilize my "major" skills every day.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 AM

812 posts, read 1,907,334 times
What did you major in? Business Economics/Entreprenuerial Studies
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BSBA
What college did you go to? Western Carolina Univ.
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? TEMP jobs -office admin

Then at 30 went back to school and got my assoc. degree in Respiratory Therapy

Old 06-18-2010, 11:39 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,647,352 times
What did you major in? Linguistics. My university didn't have an undergraduate linguistics major so I had to design my own.
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? B.A., then J.D.
What college did you go to? Michigan State as an undergraduate, University of Michigan for law school.
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Went directly from undergraduate to law school. My first job after law school was as a staff attorney at Legal Aid of Western Michigan. I worked there for four years, then I moved to Vermont Legal Aid in 1983, which is where I still work.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM

183 posts, read 467,502 times
What did you major in? Criminal Justice
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? I hold an Associate of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science both in Criminal Justice
What college did you go to? Wayne County Community College District and Wayne State University
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? I worked the entire time I was in college now I'm searching for a position in Criminal Justice.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,285,522 times
Major: Interdisciplineary Studies/Elementary Education
Degree: BS in IDS, MS in Admistration/Supervision, MS in Counseling
College: BS Middle TN State Univ, MS Louisiana State University, MS Tulane (three fine party schools)
1st job after graduation: MTSU - worked in a book store until school started and I got a job teaching 6th grade. After LSU, I moved to NOLA and waited tables at an assortment of French Quarter Bars and Resturants while attending Tulane. I continued waiting tables for a year after graduating simply because I was not ready to leave NOLA>

Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,901,626 times
Major: Its in the building arts, but I don't want to be specific because there are only about three schools that offer my specific degree.

Degree: Bachelor of..... and Master of Arts in .......

College: a midwest land-grant university; and a mid-atlantic fine arts university

1st job after graduation: an architecture firm in san francisco.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
What did you major in? Mathematics
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BA, MA
What college did you go to? several - I got married and transferred around
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Worked for IBM as a systems engineer

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,705 times
What did you major in? Elementary Education and later added early childhood to my certificate

What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BA

What college did you go to? University of Central FL

And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Teaching first grade

Nancy

Old 06-18-2010, 08:30 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,942,369 times
What did you major in? Home Economics and Recreation Administration
What kind of degree did you get (ie BA, BS, AS, AA, PhD, etc)? BA and then an MEd.
What college did you go to? Central Michigan University, Rutgers University
And finally
What was your first job after graduation? Long term temp until I finished Masters (2 1/2 years later), then secured a teaching position right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities