Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 08:00 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,159,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Yes, Target's big tent is staging area. Cafe and Photo Center have closed, and they've started removing items from the back of the store. I hope they'll add fresh groceries, but they're adding a Starbucks for sure.

Not sure what's up with Burlington Coat Factory. What side is being added on to?

Midland Commons is up for rezoning tomorrow I believe.
Midland Commons won't be using TAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:15 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
A Starbucks in Target!? Isn’t there one across the street on Bradley Park?? lol
Yes, but they operate seperately. They do this alot. In Opelika there is a Starbucks in Target, that's next to a Kroger with Starbucks, and there is a Starbucks across the parking lot.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:24 AM

967 posts, read 1,071,950 times
Quote:
Yes, Target's big tent is staging area. Cafe and Photo Center have closed, and they've started removing items from the back of the store. I hope they'll add fresh groceries, but they're adding a Starbucks for sure.

Not sure what's up with Burlington Coat Factory. What side is being added on to?

Midland Commons is up for rezoning tomorrow I believe.

I hope they add the fresh groceries as well I think this location is the only Target I have ever seen that lacks a produce section.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:37 AM

1,054 posts, read 880,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I hope they add the fresh groceries as well I think this location is the only Target I have ever seen that lacks a produce section.
They only started doing fresh groceries 6 or 7 years ago. There are still other stores which haven't gotten it yet, especially outside of the Atlanta market.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:10 AM

967 posts, read 1,071,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
They only started doing fresh groceries 6 or 7 years ago. There are still other stores which haven't gotten it yet, especially outside of the Atlanta market.

That might explain why we don't have one since I think our Target has been opened since the late 90s

Old 07-27-2018, 10:55 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
In remodels, I believe Newnan and Albany received Fresh Groceries, I'm hoping that they'll bring this. I hope they'll move electronics to back and use that space for produce and meat. I would shop there, especially with their "priced daily" pricing that they've been doing.

About Midland commons, here are the latest renders

Old 07-27-2018, 12:59 PM

85 posts, read 64,297 times
It looks nice

Old 07-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The Target store in Columbus will be kicking off a major remodeling project on Sunday — one of more than 300 such renovations nationwide for the chain this year — with the finished product including a Starbucks outlet.

The 123,235-square-foot store at 1591 Bradley Park Drive was constructed in 1999 and has had a modest refresh or two, one in particular adding a small food pantry area several years ago. But this one looks to be more extensive, with a contractor already staging work materials and equipment in the parking lot.

Store employees confirmed Friday the remodel will launch Sunday and that it will include the Starbucks. Liz Hancock, with Target’s communications team, also confirmed the renovation and the addition of Starbucks, which already has several stores in Columbus, including a standalone location nearby. The older refreshment stand just inside the Columbus Target was closed on Friday in preparation for renovation work.

“The reimagined stores will feature Target’s most ambitious store redesign to date, featuring modernized design elements and bringing more technology and digital experiences to our stores to give guests an experience that’s easy and inspiring,” Hancock said via email.

The Columbus project should be completed sometime this fall, she said, with it including enhanced merchandise presentations to include updated decor, modern fixtures, mannequins, specialty lighting, enhanced overhead lights, new fixtures and an improved layout. The order pickup and guest service counter also will be updated, she said.

In a Target Q&A with company executives about what customers can expect with a remodel, the process should be orderly and the end results very noticeable, they said.

“Some stores will even get a center aisle treatment that winds through the middle of the store with displays at varying heights to make them even more eye-catching,” said Joe Perdew, Target’s vice president of store design. “The Beauty department looks like a specialty shop that inspires and invites guests to try the products. And in Home, products are on display in lifestyle settings so guests can imagine what they’ll look like in their own homes.”

Joe Contrucci, Target’s senior vice president of stores, said the store will remain open the entire time and that steps will be taken to minimize noise and distractions.

“You might see certain areas of the store temporarily emptied or curtained off as things shift around, or hear a little background noise from the construction — and we know that can be frustrating, so thanks for bearing with us,” he said. “We try and work on the different parts systematically to make shopping as easy as possible, and our teams go through special trainings to help keep disruption to a minimum while the work is under way.”

The company said in a release earlier this year that it plans to “reimagine” more than 1,000 stores across the United States by the end of 2020. About 325 remodels will be taking place this year, it said, including nearly 30 in its hometown Minneapolis hub and in other large markets such as Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. The current wave of remodels follows 110 others in 2017.
https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/late...215667545.html

Now if only we could get a starbucks on Macon Rd.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM

427 posts, read 549,763 times
Quote:
In remodels, I believe Newnan and Albany received Fresh Groceries, I'm hoping that they'll bring this. I hope they'll move electronics to back and use that space for produce and meat. I would shop there, especially with their "priced daily" pricing that they've been doing.

About Midland commons, here are the latest renders

Nice. Now I would like to know what retailers are going there.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
Nice. Now I would like to know what retailers are going there.
I heard a Tj Maxx/HomeGoods combo store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA