Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,346,811 times

Advertisements

So the printer is working fine, I go to scan, and I'm told the scanner isn't installed. What now? This is getting old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,222,348 times
Probably need to install the scanner software. Do you have a CD or can you look for it online? After computer upgrades one often has to upgrade the printer driver and scanner software. Not unusual.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,772,243 times
Since this is a continuance of your last thread, you need to do the following. Download CCleaner. Download correct HP program for either 32-bit or 64-bit. Unplug printer completely from computer. Uninstall all parts of software related to printer. Restart computer. Run ccleaner. Restart computer. Run HP loader software with printer NOT connected to computer. Wait for computer to request printer and then plug it in. Continue and finish install. Once finished restart computer. Once restarted test all functions. If the printer functions and the scanner does not, throw away printer and go buy another one. IMO buy a Brother, extremely less headaches.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,187,216 times
I don't know the history of the problems here and I don't know if this will help but I found I couldn't install my Epson scanner on a Win7 machine. Couldn't be done. Bummer. But I went online and found you could use other Epson scanners' drivers and force win7 to accept them. It was a work around and it worked.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM

43,320 posts, read 77,177,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Probably need to install the scanner software. Do you have a CD or can you look for it online? After computer upgrades one often has to upgrade the printer driver and scanner software. Not unusual.
Right.
My AIO is Dell, and the scanner software is on the disk, but does not install in the standard driver installation.
I have to install it separately.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,145,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
So the printer is working fine, I go to scan, and I'm told the scanner isn't installed. What now? This is getting old.

Your other thread is bereft of info on how you got the printer working again ... did you install the correct driver? What did you do to get to this point?

By posting what you did to resolve a particular problem, you can help others searching for answers to the same problem.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
Quote:
I have a scanner that will not work if you push the "scan" button or use the scanner software. However, it WILL work within a graphics program. If you go to your graphics program (Photoshop, or in my case Paint SHop Pro), you can IMPORT a photo by acquiring the scanner trough the TWAIN option. This is the only way I can get my scanner to work. Even reinstalling the proper driver does not help me.

It might work for you.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-03-2013, 12:44 AM

It printed out two pages, and totally died. I just bought a Canon at Walmart yesterday, and will set it up tomorrow if I have time.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since this is a continuance of your last thread, you need to do the following. Download CCleaner. Download correct HP program for either 32-bit or 64-bit. Unplug printer completely from computer. Uninstall all parts of software related to printer. Restart computer. Run ccleaner. Restart computer. Run HP loader software with printer NOT connected to computer. Wait for computer to request printer and then plug it in. Continue and finish install. Once finished restart computer. Once restarted test all functions. If the printer functions and the scanner does not, throw away printer and go buy another one. IMO buy a Brother, extremely less headaches.
All of this was done, but it died. I guess 4 1/2 years is a good life for an inkjet printer.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:45 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,772,243 times
Quote:
All of this was done, but it died. I guess 4 1/2 years is a good life for an inkjet printer.
Take out the ink cartridges and recycle them and take the old printer to the rear yard and take some built up frustrations out on it.

FWIW Staples has a Wireless B/W Dell laser printer on clearance for $49.50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers