Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM

352 posts, read 780,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I never understood why people enjoy the site of leaves decaying and dying. Thankfully here in Middlesex county, green is the dominant color!
Agreed - I dread fall and the "brilliant" foliage. I'm in Mississippi right now and everything is
green and it still feels like summer. yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoCT View Post
Agreed - I dread fall and the "brilliant" foliage. I'm in Mississippi right now and everything is
green and it still feels like summer. yay!
I'm jealous. I absolutely loved MS when I visited last month. Very underrated state IMO. In real life, it's not nearly as bad as people think it is. Whereabouts in MS are you? You're the one who's moving from CT to MS with your boyfriend, right?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Are people seriously complaining about Fall in New England?

I guess all the tour buses should divert to Mississippi?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Are people seriously complaining about Fall in New England?

I guess all the tour buses should divert to Mississippi?
Yes, actually. To me, fall is a depressing season of the year, in New England. I honestly don't see beauty in decaying, discolored leaves, and having to wear a jacket and turning the heat on. The only season I like is summer. In order from my most favorite to least favorite:
  1. Summer
  2. Spring
  3. Fall
  4. Winter

Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, actually. To me, fall is a depressing season of the year, in New England. I honestly don't see beauty in decaying, discolored leaves, and having to wear a jacket and turning the heat on. The only season I like is summer. In order from my most favorite to least favorite:
  1. Summer
  2. Spring
  3. Fall
  4. Winter
When I encounter scenes like this, it actually gives me a light, joyous happy feeling. It's like being in a bright stained glass cathedral.

So I suppose you can think of it as rotten leaves, but the rest of us will enjoy the smells, sights, pumpkins, apples, bright greens offset by the brilliant reds etc.

Signs of Clinical Depression: Symptoms to Watch For

Old 09-22-2011, 06:48 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Down here on the 95 corridor there is little sign of fall, the leaves here are solid green (or whiteish where sprayed by the salt from Hurricane Irene)…so I can’t imagine that upstate Connecticut is that much different. Real color for most of the Tri-State area really doesn’t start until at least early October in Northern Connecticut/NW New Jersey, and late October for southern Connecticut/Long Island.

I think we might be pushing the fall thing a bit; Right now it's rainning here (I'm in New Haven), it's humid and 70 F. The next 5 days will be in the low to mid 70’s for highs, and mid 50’s to low 60’s for lows. I think real color is at least 3 weeks away for much of the Tri-State area.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM

Jesus Christ. So I guess if someone doesn't like fall, they are considered to be depressed? I specificaly indicated many times in this forum that I LOVE summer and like spring. We are human beings and we have preferences. And your pictures of orange fall leaves, I will admit, are neat to look at, but at the end of the day IMO they still represent seasonal decline and don't excite me much. I much prefer the colors of flower and fruit bearing trees in the spring time, because it is representative of growth, life thriving and warming temperatures. I love all of that. Are you going to say I'm depressed now because of my seasonal preferences? In fact, if you ask me, I would say that people who prefer fall and winter over spring and summer are the ones who should get checked for depression. It's the law of attraction, and I'm attracted to warm, sunny weather and greenery.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 AM

576 posts, read 1,218,697 times
I dont know whats depressing about the fall when it's so colorful. But I guess people have different reaction.

For some reason I used to really hate the fall, but I actually learned how to enjoy it and I really love it lol

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Jesus Christ. So I guess if someone doesn't like fall, they are considered to be depressed? I specificaly indicated many times in this forum that I LOVE summer and like spring. We are human beings and we have preferences. And your pictures of orange fall leaves, I will admit, are neat to look at, but at the end of the day IMO they still represent seasonal decline and don't excite me much. I much prefer the colors of flower and fruit bearing trees in the spring time, because it is representative of growth, life thriving and warming temperatures. I love all of that. Are you going to say I'm depressed now because of my seasonal preferences? In fact, if you ask me, I would say that people who prefer fall and winter over spring and summer are the ones who should get checked for depression. It's the law of attraction, and I'm attracted to warm, sunny weather and greenery.
Maybe you have SAD?

BTW, Jesus' got nothing to do with this.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
In real life, it's not nearly as bad as people think it is.
Unless you're looking for a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut