Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Stupidity works both ways. Slowing down your car until they "get the message" is not only endangering other people (because they'll likely pull a daring stunt to get around you), it's baiting. The person will become enraged. That's not good for anyone.

Next time, just pull off to the side and let the moron pass. Don't engage.

Now THIS is what all states should do. There should be "NO AGGRESSIVE DRIVING" signs, as well as "KEEP RIGHT, PASS LEFT" signs. Aggressive drivers are too dangerous, and they're everywhere. It's an issue that needs to be tackled by state and local governments.
If you put on your brakes to get off the road, what do you think is going to happen. They are going to hit you at the higher speed. If a person hits you at a slower pace, it is less likely to harm you. I am not going to continue to drive in front of a person who is tailgating at a high speed. I have safely pulled off the road on a two lane road. But if you are going to ride my bumper, you won't be going fast for long and that is not stupid. It is self-protection. What moves the other already known bad driver does is up to them. What that driver does is not my responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If you put on your brakes to get off the road, what do you think is going to happen. They are going to hit you at the higher speed. If a person hits you at a slower pace, it is less likely to harm you. I am not going to continue to drive in front of a person who is tailgating at a high speed. I have safely pulled off the road on a two lane road.
You don't put on your brakes first. You signal right first, then start to slow. You can simply take your foot off the gas, and you'll begin to decelerate quickly. There's no need to brake until you're actually in the shoulder (given that a shoulder exists).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What moves the other already known bad driver does is up to them. What that driver does is not my responsibility.
Technically correct, but what that other driver does in response to YOUR actions can make you look like the bad guy. On some CT roads, there is a minimum speed. If you go below that, anything that happens in response to your actions will ultimately fall on you, legally.

Don't forget to keep the innocent drivers in mind while you engage in road-play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut