Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times

Advertisements

I never drive faster than 75 mph. Why would I want a ticket? Every time I got a ticket, it was for going 15 mph over the limit. Anyone who goes 80 mph is asking for it, and I hope they get pulled over and ticketed the MAX amount of $254 or whatever it is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I never drive faster than 75 mph. Why would I want a ticket? Every time I got a ticket, it was for going 15 mph over the limit. Anyone who goes 80 mph is asking for it, and I hope they get pulled over and ticketed the MAX amount of $254 or whatever it is now.
Same here. Today I caught myself at 81 in the middle lane and surprised myself (meanwhile people were cruising past me at 90).

Old 06-26-2012, 04:54 PM

274 posts, read 518,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
No I didn't miss that part, but thanks.

Do you realize that nearly all daytime highway accidents are created by two evils: an unreasonably slow driver and an unreasonably fast driver.
I guess all the texters and distracted drivers would be happy to know that according to your info, they cause very few accidents. Of course I think it's total BS. It's statements like this that make your whole argument fall apart.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickd203 View Post
I guess all the texters and distracted drivers would be happy to know that according to your info, they cause very few accidents. Of course I think it's total BS. It's statements like this that make your whole argument fall apart.
It's actually 100% fact and if you take a second to think about it, almost always, those texters/distracted drivers fall into the "unreasonably slow" category.

Am I making too much sense for you?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
It's actually 100% fact and if you take a second to think about it, almost always, those texters/distracted drivers fall into the "unreasonably slow" category.

Am I making too much sense for you?
Only in your dreams. I understand what you're saying but I still think it's 100% BS.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Only in your dreams. I understand what you're saying but I still think it's 100% BS.
Well, it's clear from this thread that your thought process isn't the most reasonable.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Well, it's clear from this thread that your thought process isn't the most reasonable.
If being reasonable means agreeing with everything you say, don't count on that. If you think being reasonable means I should tolerate tailgaters, that isn't going to happen either. If you think I should force the car next to me off the road just so I can pull over to allow the tailgater to move ahead and tailgate the car that was in front of me then you're going to be really disappointed.

So how do you define being reasonable?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
If being reasonable means agreeing with everything you say, don't count on that. If you think being reasonable means I should tolerate tailgaters, that isn't going to happen either. If you think I should force the car next to me off the road just so I can pull over to allow the tailgater to move ahead and tailgate the car that was in front of me then you're going to be really disappointed.

So how do you define being reasonable?
It means keeping your constant [passing] speed and passing in the left lane, then moving over as soon as there is room. Not only is it reasonable, it's the law to do so.

Being unreasonable is slowing down to incite an angry response. You're creating a dangerous situation for yourself and everyone else on the road (including that car you don't want to "force off the road"). Let me guess, you also speed up when that opening comes so they can't pass you on the right.

I know your kind. Your road rage helps nobody.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
It means keeping your constant [passing] speed and passing in the left lane, then moving over as soon as there is room. Not only is it reasonable, it's the law to do so.

Being unreasonable is slowing down to incite an angry response. You're creating a dangerous situation for yourself and everyone else on the road (including that car you don't want to "force off the road"). Let me guess, you also speed up when that opening comes so they can't pass you on the right.

I know your kind. Your road rage helps nobody.
You should know my kind. I was born and raised in Connecticut. I'm a product of my environment. As far as my "road rage" goes, I'm trying to get an angry response from the tailgater. I want them to be so angry that they follow me off the highway where I can deal with their tailgating permanently. Remember that the next time you tailgate someone.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 PM

156 posts, read 278,158 times
Quote:
You should know my kind. I was born and raised in Connecticut. I'm a product of my environment. As far as my "road rage" goes, I'm trying to get an angry response from the tailgater. I want them to be so angry that they follow me off the highway where I can deal with their tailgating permanently. Remember that the next time you tailgate someone.
You're crazy dude lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut