Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 11:59 AM

331 posts, read 208,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Do you have a link to the complete article? It is unclear what this is based on.

If these figures are accurate (I am not saying they are), you can see we have a higher percentage of people with incomes over $150,000 and $50,000 to $74,999 coming in than leaving. That is not bad. Jay
https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...e-12467169.php

These are stats from a professional moving company, not a study.

Quote from article

“The data, of course, are not a complete picture of interstate relocation, capturing only those moves involving one professional mover. That could skew the data by over-representing wealthier movers – overstating the number of moves out of wealthier states.”

Old 10-18-2018, 12:00 PM

377 posts, read 241,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
This is fake news. 57% moveout rate? For who? West Virginia has been tops for quite sometime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ok/1019429001/

The figures I wrote reflect the total number of people moving - 100 %, and 57 % of that is outbound , 43 % inbound. 57 and 43 equals 100.

This below, from your link. Like I said, vote Democratic based on this ?

4. Connecticut
  • 1-yr pop. growth rate: -0.23%
  • Current population: 3.58 million
  • 2015 population: 3.58 million
  • 10-yr pop. growth rate: 1.68%
The population of Connecticut shrank by 0.2% in 2016, the fourth largest decline of any state. Connecticut’s population has declined substantially in recent years, and the state has lost a net total of approximately 20,000 residents since 2013. Many of those leaving Connecticut are young, college-educated professionals. Since 2010, the median age in Connecticut has risen from 40.0 years to 40.9 years.
The population loss has likely hurt the state’s economic potential. While the U.S. GDP grew by 12.1% from the second quarter of 2006 to the second quarter of 2016, Connecticut’s GDP fell by 3.7%, the largest contraction of any state over that time other than Nevada.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote from article

“The data, of course, are not a complete picture of interstate relocation, capturing only those moves involving one professional mover. That could skew the data by over-representing wealthier movers – overstating the number of moves out of wealthier states.”

The data for each state is derived from the same formula, therefore logically it stands as a bona fide analogy based on the same criteria. It stands as a foundation for an opinion, not Gospel.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Quote from article

From 2010- 2017 Allied Van Lines Reports

8969 in bound moves to CT
9564 out bound moves out of CT

Old 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
From 2010- 2017 Allied Van Lines Reports

8969 in bound moves to CT
9564 out bound moves out of CT
I thought that was what you were basing it on. We pretty much trashed that data in the past because it is inaccurate and based on one company’s experience. It is hardly factual or accurate. Jay

Old 10-18-2018, 05:50 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,844,487 times
Quote:
There are hundreds scattered throughout the City of Hartford. Not " entire neighborhoods" , but many in the same neighborhood. In addition there are abandoned commercial properties and commercial buildings. The City has been trying to clean them up.

I still haven't seen anything in CT that resembles Detroit.

Are you going to blame Malloy the Dino for the empty commercial properties too ?
Do you think if we had a Republican Gov all those properties would be full now ?
Do you think Stefanowski is going to fill those properties ?

Old 10-18-2018, 06:29 PM

91 posts, read 125,802 times
Watching the debate... I'm really starting to wonder if Oz will take more from Lamont than Stefanowski.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I thought that was what you were basing it on. We pretty much trashed that data in the past because it is inaccurate and based on one company’s experience. It is hardly factual or accurate. Jay
The original quotes were from United Van Lines. Then I posted some figures from Allied Van Lines. Then there is the USA report posted by someone else that indicated the outbound migration and the lagging behind of the GDP of CT compared to the rest of the country. There are other sources , including the State of CT Labor Dept.That one based on a combination of three different data point sources. You’ll have to look for that.
All of these , and other sources collectively show we have not grown in numbers or economically. If you desire to trash it, that’s up to you.
Once again, after 8 years of complete Democratic control, what are the results ? How can they deserve a vote?

Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I still haven't seen anything in CT that resembles Detroit.

Are you going to blame Malloy the Dino for the empty commercial properties too ?
Do you think if we had a Republican Gov all those properties would be full now ?
Do you think Stefanowski is going to fill those properties ?

Detroit is 8 times the land area and 6 times the population. Parts of Hartford do look like Detroit.
When's the last time you took a ride through the city ? Not downtown, but where the majority of people live?
I'm here pretty much every day, and have been for over 40 years. What would you like to know about the city ?

I left my crystal ball home today so I can't answer your questions. What I do know is what I see, in person , with my experience and looking at the statistics regarding this state. And once again, the performance of Democrats over the past 8 years, and more, make them unsuitable to govern CT . How can you vote Democratic ?
I'm sure Senator Blumenthal is down in Washington , or feet on the ground here helping to clean up the blight in Connecticut cities, and/ or helping his constituents. No wait , he was serving Pizza in New Britain celebrating a couple of illegals that have come out of Sanctuary. He had to make sure he was there for the photo Op. Hey Richard, better call Dominoes now. There's a couple thousand illegals heading up from Central America . No doubt once they sneak in you will be there waiting to help them. You'll be in your mid seventies when you come up for reelection in 2022. Time to pack it in. Are you proud of the fact that since 1990 the State has added 300,000 residents and 95,000 illegals ?

Old 10-19-2018, 09:31 AM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times
Quote:
The original quotes were from United Van Lines. Then I posted some figures from Allied Van Lines. Then there is the USA report posted by someone else that indicated the outbound migration and the lagging behind of the GDP of CT compared to the rest of the country. There are other sources , including the State of CT Labor Dept.That one based on a combination of three different data point sources. You’ll have to look for that.
All of these , and other sources collectively show we have not grown in numbers or economically. If you desire to trash it, that’s up to you.
Once again, after 8 years of complete Democratic control, what are the results ? How can they deserve a vote?
Again, these are not accurate data sources. They are based upon people who use the services of these moving companies and do not reflect people who do not use them. That makes their results inaccurate and basically useless.

Connecticut has a number of people that retire out of state. They are older and usually more affluent so they can afford to use a mover. We also have a lot of corporate moves. People moving in tend to be younger with less possessions so they do not need a big moving company. They can get away with a UHaul or small truck. If you have a link to some other source, please post it but until then, this is worthless. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut