Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 12:21 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,351,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I am confused. Didn't they find these items a couple of months ago already?
Yes, but at that time I don't think they gave out the details of what they found. I don't remember seeing a list of what they found in the dumpsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Yes, but at that time I don't think they gave out the details of what they found. I don't remember seeing a list of what they found in the dumpsters.
That’s correct. The police never said what they actually found in the trash. A bloody shirt can be significant. I assume they did DNA on it to determine it’s hers. I believe they also found blood at his house too. If it matches the shirt, he looks pretty guilty. Will see where it all leads. Jay

Old 08-01-2019, 12:58 PM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Let's see him try and talk his way out of this one

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/us/je...can/index.html

" It's unclear how police know the shirt belonged to Dulos. "

"The Hartford Courant also reported that police discovered a bra they believe is hers, "

" Unclear "

" They Believe "

CNN stopped reporting " news " some time ago. It is now an Opinion formatted cable network.

There wasn't any of her blood found at his house in Farmington. There were" traces" of his blood reportedly found on a kitchen sink in her New Canaan home, which he had visited recently.

If the Police had uncovered any NEW evidence , they would have asked for his Bail to be increased. That hasn't happened.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:49 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,750,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I'm sorry but I thought I read even a couple of months ago they found bloody clothes and sponges in the trash after seeing surveillance video.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:05 AM

6,133 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
" It's unclear how police know the shirt belonged to Dulos. "

"The Hartford Courant also reported that police discovered a bra they believe is hers, "

" Unclear "

" They Believe "

CNN stopped reporting " news " some time ago. It is now an Opinion formatted cable network.

There wasn't any of her blood found at his house in Farmington. There were" traces" of his blood reportedly found on a kitchen sink in her New Canaan home, which he had visited recently.

If the Police had uncovered any NEW evidence , they would have asked for his Bail to be increased. That hasn't happened.
He's wearing an ankle brace and being monitored. I don't think additional bail would have any impact on someone with his wealth.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:18 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,750,537 times
Quote:
He's wearing an ankle brace and being monitored. I don't think additional bail would have any impact on someone with his wealth.
What wealth? money's all gone. $M's debt, failed business, 5 kids, divorce. The perfect storm of a recipe for disaster.
"Mo Money, Mo Problems" - Biggie Smalls

Old 08-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
That's not the way it has been in this case.

from The Stamford Advocate From June 11th

"In a failed effort to have the defendant’s bond increased, State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo told Judge John Blawie on Tuesday that new evidence shows Fotis Dulos’ DNA was found mixed with his estranged wife’s blood in a kitchen sink in her New Canaan home."

The introduction of " new evidence" was presented to increase the Bond, and it was denied by a Judge. So the Prosecution has a track record of asking for higher Bond because of the " new evidence"

Therefore, logically if they had " new evidence" they would try again.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:46 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
I think we need to be very careful judging people based on what is reported in the media. It does not necessarily portray what actually is fact.

I remember years ago there was a lot of media coverage on the Joyce Aparo murder where her daughter, Karen was being tried for having her boyfriend kill her very controlling mother. By media accounts the daughter was guilty but she was acquitted by the jury. Not long after the trial I started working with her aunt (sister of the victim) who along with their mother, supported the daughter (her niece) throughout the whole trial. She said there was no way her niece did what was claimed and they knew she was innocent. She blamed an overly eager DA and a headline hungry media for her niece being brought to trial. Fortunately the jury saw only the facts and concluded the niece was innocent.

I met Karen (sadly at her aunts funeral) not much later. She was very shy and unassuming. Nothing like the man hungry, controlling monster the media portrayed during the trial. Jay

Old 08-02-2019, 09:03 AM

215 posts, read 148,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
That's not the way it has been in this case.

from The Stamford Advocate From June 11th

"In a failed effort to have the defendant’s bond increased, State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo told Judge John Blawie on Tuesday that new evidence shows Fotis Dulos’ DNA was found mixed with his estranged wife’s blood in a kitchen sink in her New Canaan home."

The introduction of " new evidence" was presented to increase the Bond, and it was denied by a Judge. So the Prosecution has a track record of asking for higher Bond because of the " new evidence"

Therefore, logically if they had " new evidence" they would try again.
what makes you think the media, or you are entitled to every new development by the investigation?

what good would that do for the prosecution?

Old 08-02-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000fc View Post
what makes you think the media, or you are entitled to every new development by the investigation?

what good would that do for the prosecution?
That isn't the issue. The issue is that if there is any " new evidence" . the previous course of action was to seek a higher bond.

That wasn't done. That's all we need to know.

The " media" , regarding this case, and most others, has now moved towards opinion and information rather than hard news and actual facts The end goal is to have clicks and viewers , which is one of their sources of revenue. Journalism as we once knew it no longer exists. That's if you have been around long enough to notice it.

If they want your attention, they will restate what is already known, add a little something , and try to entice one to look at their latest piece. That appears to be exactly what is happening in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut