Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 05:12 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Unfortunately it’s completely circumstantial. It’s unlikely they can get a murder charge based off that and even if a judge signed a submitted warrant, a good attorney would squash it fast. It’s unfortunate to say but without a body, or remains, there’s a high probability we won’t see homicide charges anytime soon.
Maybe, but there have been about 36 convictions without a body in the US. The most recent in 2018 in Michigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#United_States

One was in CT in 1989.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Helle_Crafts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 06:29 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,511,491 times
The state police released the full arrest warrant. Anyone else read it? Seems like they have a mountain of stuff on him just no body. The GF seems to be pretty involved as well.

https://www.wtnh.com/top-news/state-...disappearance/

Old 09-05-2019, 08:28 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it’s completely circumstantial. It’s unlikely they can get a murder charge based off that and even if a judge signed a submitted warrant, a good attorney would squash it fast. It’s unfortunate to say but without a body, or remains, there’s a high probability we won’t see homicide charges anytime soon.
I watch a lot of "Forensic Files" on TV and our own Dr. Henry Lee has gotten convictions without a body but with blood evidence. Or even the wood-chipper case in Newtown where there was essentially no body.

I must have seen this one on Forensic Files.
https://www.middletownpress.com/news...t-13963290.php

"Police and Henry Lee, then the chief criminologist at the Connecticut Crime Lab, went to Sivri’s home and after finding some carpet that appeared to have been cleaned in the living room, cut it open and determined that the mat under the carpet had been soaked with blood. After putting together a circumstantial case against Sivri, a jury found him guilty of murder."

I had referred to this case earlier in this thread but could not find anything on it before tonight.

There is another on that Dr. Lee did too that just had blood evidence. There was not a body but there was a lot of blood on a mattress (and pillow?). He proved that someone could not live after losing that much blood. I can't find that one.

He did another one with blood evidence where the husband said the wife committed suicide. He used his own blood to prove the case and get the conviction. It had something to do with the way blood components separate in a certain time after it comes out of the body. He was able to prove that the husband's timeline was BS because the blood was separated and it didn't match the real timeline.

I sure hope the state is getting advice from Dr. Lee on this. God forbid Dr. Lee turns up as a defense witness for this stinker Dulos.

Last edited by CTartist; 09-05-2019 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 12:59 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Maybe, but there have been about 36 convictions without a body in the US. The most recent in 2018 in Michigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#United_States

One was in CT in 1989.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Helle_Crafts
I’m not saying it can’t happen - but 36 convictions is not many. It’s a tiny percentage.

And knowing this dirtbag attorney, who is well known for being successful, this won’t be one of them.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:55 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The state police released the full arrest warrant. Anyone else read it? Seems like they have a mountain of stuff on him just no body. The GF seems to be pretty involved as well.

https://www.wtnh.com/top-news/state-...disappearance/
Investigating Officer is John Kimball. Made me chuckle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindergarten_Cop

There has to be another person involved. Waveny Park is too far from Welles Lane for him to walk there in the time line set forth in the warrant. Someone else drove the Tacoma and dropped him off at the house on Welles Lane and then drove to Waveny Park and waited for Dulos to show up in Jennifer's Suburban.

I'm still amazed that the body has yet to be found. Considering he had very little time to dispose of it.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:14 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
I’m not saying it can’t happen - but 36 convictions is not many. It’s a tiny percentage.

And knowing this dirtbag attorney, who is well known for being successful, this won’t be one of them.
This attorney is utilizing his talent to its full potential in a free market capitalist society. Why is he a dirtbag?

Old 09-06-2019, 08:36 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
I saw one of those true crime shows where they got a conviction without a body just with the testimony of multiple people that she loved and doted on her children too much to up and leave them behind.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:47 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
This attorney is utilizing his talent to its full potential in a free market capitalist society. Why is he a dirtbag?
Whether we like it or not, you are right. It is an attorney’s job to defend and protect their client whether they are guilty or not. But when all evidence points to one suspect, it is hard to not be critical of their defense. The worst thing would be if that suspect walks away free and no justice is served. I just hope this is resolved. Otherwise the family and friends of Jennifer Dulos will forever live with questions. Jay

Old 09-06-2019, 09:22 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,783,775 times
The girlfriend just turned state's evidence.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
His history makes him a dirtbag, not solely this case. Whether it’s his job or not, defending the monsters of our society makes you just as bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut