Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 08:10 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,181 times

Advertisements

Absolutely terrible response by Eversource... not the workers fault, the guys who plan it all out. CEO should be fired.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:19 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Isaias Peak Wind Gusts from NY, CT, NJ, PA, DE, MD, RI, MA. Some impressive gusts happened.

Long Beach Island 109mph.
96mph in Delaware.
78mph in Farmingdale.
70+ in NJ.
67mph Greenwich. 68mph at Bridgeport & Newark.
Many other 60+'s

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pi...-NOUS41-PNSOKX

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1#.Xyqd7ChKhPY

https://forecast.weather.gov/product...OX&product=PNS

I've heard the 109mph on LBI and the 96mph in Delaware may be related to tornadic activity since no other gusts come close!

Quote:
Worse than Sandy

Restoration process. They forgot, cut trees first.
Thoughts on the name getting retired? I more and more think it will.....

Old 08-05-2020, 09:02 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Our power went out about 3:00 yesterday and got it back around 5:30 today. No cell or internet either. Three separate friends who live nearby are still out. Feel bad for them. They came over to cool off, charge phones, catch up on emails and make phone calls. Happy to help. Feel bad they have to go home to sleep in this heat but thy turned down offer to sleepover. Jay

Old 08-05-2020, 09:13 PM

833 posts, read 500,091 times
Not sure why everyone is slamming Eversource at the moment. Sure the outage is awful, but the best we can do is let them work at it

Old 08-06-2020, 12:07 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstodur View Post
Not sure why everyone is slamming Eversource at the moment. Sure the outage is awful, but the best we can do is let them work at it
Because days before Sandy they called for help and crews were waiting in parking lots ready to go to work when Sandy hit. They knew there would be outages with this one.

Because Isaias was a 3hr storm and so weather wasnt an issue not to get to the location.

Because we're paying them more and living like a 3rd world country waiting for them to fix it. Unacceptable response by them.

If it wasnt so hot and humid there would be less complaints I think.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:24 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,166,978 times
In the first 24 hours PS&G reduced the number of outages in NJ by 50%!!! We actually went up in CT during the same period. Not sure how we have power, but there are trees blocking both sides of a major street in town with a few families trapped in their homes by wires. Cell phone companies should also be embarrassed. Lots of areas have no service. Towers are still standing

Old 08-06-2020, 07:38 AM

1,088 posts, read 579,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Absolutely terrible response by Eversource... not the workers fault, the guys who plan it all out. CEO should be fired.
CEO will probably get the usual $20 million bonus.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:59 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,008,176 times
Quote:
Because days before Sandy they called for help and crews were waiting in parking lots ready to go to work when Sandy hit. They knew there would be outages with this one.

Because Isaias was a 3hr storm and so weather wasnt an issue not to get to the location.

Because we're paying them more and living like a 3rd world country waiting for them to fix it. Unacceptable response by them.

If it wasnt so hot and humid there would be less complaints I think.
This is the price you pay for living in towns that want to have those roads that look like Tunnels under tree limbs. MA/NJ/RI don’t look like that typically so almost never have similar per capita outages

Old 08-06-2020, 08:02 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
In the first 24 hours PS&G reduced the number of outages in NJ by 50%!!! We actually went up in CT during the same period. Not sure how we have power, but there are trees blocking both sides of a major street in town with a few families trapped in their homes by wires. Cell phone companies should also be embarrassed. Lots of areas have no service. Towers are still standing

Plans in Norwalk with a friend today were moved to next week due to the outages.

I can see the difference as a day ago in terms of total outages NJ was on top, NY in the middle, and CT right below them (though weighted for population CT would've been almost tied with NJ). Now when I look at current total outage stats CT is clearly on the top (not that NY was that much better, even Cuomo blasted the utility companies....I was lucky this time and had just flickers (one of which blew my cable box which I exchanged yesterday)) but had plenty of friends and family in both NY and CT with power out, most (I'd say 80%) of the NY friends/family have theirs back as of this morning, less than half of my CT ones do.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:07 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times
Never lost power in Wallingford so I cannot relate. However my parents in Milford have been without for a few days now and it's not expected until tomorrow. We have a friend in Southington who may be coming to my home to work as they are hearing end of next week!

So I again tout the benefits of this town having it's own electric company and incredible service and rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut