Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 05:08 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times

Advertisements

Fairfield County

Westport vs Greenwich - Westport. Going smaller town vs big CT city.

Fairfield vs Ridgefield - Ridgefield. Going smaller town vs big CT city. The center is magnificent.
"super eilte!" gimme a break

New Haven County

New Haven vs Guilford - New Haven. See snide comment above

Madison vs Milford - Milford. See snide comment above.

Hartford County

Glastonbury vs West Hartford - Glastonbury. If one more person says "weha" I'm gonna throw up.

Simsbury vs Farmington - Simsbury

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Essex - Es sex please

Windham County

Woodstock vs Pomfret - Pomfret. lets get Pomfret to the finals, come on!

Old 04-25-2020, 01:00 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Greenwich

Fairfield vs Ridgefield -

New Haven County

New Haven vs Guilford

Madison vs Milford -

Hartford County

Glastonbury vs West Hartford

Simsbury vs Farmington

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Essex -

New London County

Stonington vs North Stonington -

Waterford vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent vs Litchfield -

Woodbury vs Bridgewater

Tolland County

Mansfield vs Hebron

Windham County

Woodstock vs Pomfret

Old 04-25-2020, 09:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,643,159 times
As expected, we are experiencing some extremely tight fixtures here, although there are a few surprises:

1. Ridgefield is giving Fairfield a really hard time. Fairfield is currently only 2 votes ahead.

2. New Haven is beating Guilford comfortably at the moment. I expected this to be very tight and close, but surprisingly as of now, it is not that close actually.

3. Glastonbury vs West Hartford is also tight. West Hartford is in the lead by a little. Will be interesting to see what happens.

4. Old Saybrook vs Essex is extremely tight, keeps going back and fourth. Common, how is Essex doing so well against Old Saybrook, when it is not even a coastal town? Not sure, but we'll wait and see what happens.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:44 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
2. New Haven is beating Guilford comfortably at the moment. I expected this to be very tight and close, but surprisingly as of now, it is not that close actually.
Getting back on my soap box... These kinds of fixtures where you have New Haven compared to anything w/population <30,000 with good schools, the results would be different depending on the question you ask. So people are left with very subjective ideas about what they’re voting on (where to live? where is most fun to visit? etc.).

The other thing (I would have to look at stats) is that New Haven’s reputation for violent crime has been diminishing for a while now. The food & cultural scene, which has flourished, weighs heavier in the balance.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:20 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Round Four

Fairfield County
Westport vs Greenwich
Fairfield vs Ridgefield

New Haven County
New Haven vs Guilford
Madison vs Milford

Hartford County
Glastonbury vs West Hartford
Simsbury vs Farmington

Middlesex County
Old Saybrook vs Essex

New London County
Stonington vs North Stonington
Waterford vs East Lyme

Litchfield County
Kent vs Litchfield
Woodbury vs Bridgewater

Old 04-26-2020, 09:39 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,976,191 times
Quote:
how is Essex doing so well against Old Saybrook, when it is not even a coastal town? Not sure, but we'll wait and see what happens.

I voted for Old Saybrook, but Essex was named the best small town in America a few years back by some publication. Coastal exposure is a small plus, but it isn't the be all and end all.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
I voted for Old Saybrook, but Essex was named the best small town in America a few years back by some publication. Coastal exposure is a small plus, but it isn't the be all and end all.
Thats interesting, although I think Old Saybrook was also listed as one of the top 10 beaches in America a few years ago as well. I definitely agree that coast exposure isn't the be all and end all, but I've been to Essex, and yes it has a very nice town center, but other than that, I wouldn't say its that special.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:06 PM

417 posts, read 600,760 times
Quote:
Thats interesting, although I think Old Saybrook was also listed as one of the top 10 beaches in America a few years ago as well. I definitely agree that coast exposure isn't the be all and end all, but I've been to Essex, and yes it has a very nice town center, but other than that, I wouldn't say its that special.
Any list that has a CT beach in the top 10 is clickbait.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:37 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,147,287 times
The only one I have an informed opinion on is West Hartford vs. Glastonbury. Glastonbury. Has most of the amenities WH has, more natural beauty, not as crowded, and a little more down to earth.

Last edited by ryanthegoldengod; 04-26-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-26-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
The only one I have an informed opinion on is West Hartford vs. Glastonbury. Glastonbury. Has most of the amenities WH has, more natural beauty, not as crowded, and a little more down to earth.
Is this in actual vote? Should I record it? Yeah I totally agree with you on Glastonbury!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut