Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 06:38 PM

111 posts, read 136,641 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know about “Paradise” on the square next to Char? It looks really fun in there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcat123 View Post
Does anybody know about “Paradise” on the square next to Char? It looks really fun in there!
I hadn't heard of this place until you brought it up. It does look like fun! They have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Paradise-Ga...=page_internal

They advertise as an arcade with retro games and virtual reality games. It looks like they're having a soft opening this week with the official grand opening this Saturday 10/3.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-21-2020, 02:29 PM

Here's a fun way to explore some wonderful eateries in downtown's WestSide and also support a good cause. This Sunday is a food crawl with proceeds to help fund the Seedfork Community Gardens--they have three community gardens so far in Cookeville. The crawl starts off at Red Silo Brewery, then around the corner to Back Room Bistro, then next door to The Blue Pig, then around another corner to Meg's Bread, then next door to finish up at Hix Farm Brewery. In addition to excellent food sourced from local farms, there will also be live music along the crawl from local musicians.

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/seedfork/?ref=page_internal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-07-2021 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 10:09 AM

Tomorrow afternoon there will be a MECCA Mini Musicfest in downtown Cookeville. (MECCA = Music Enrichment for Community Centered Advancement) 2-6 pm in the parking lot by the Biz Foundry, 114 North Cedar Ave.

From their Facebook page:

Our beloved Westside and Downtown is a mecca for art and culture. The MECCA Music Festivals are designed to celebrate the communities that give our stars a place a shine. This is an outdoor event in the open air. We ask all of our attendees to be socially responsible and safe! If you are inclined to wear a mask and plan on entering our costume contest, have fun with your mask! Decorate it and make it part of your costume!

Food vendors include The Pizza Machine and Live Free Tennessee (smoked meats). Other vendors and booths include Petal and Rake, The Photo Art Gallery, Helga Skinner Photography, The Munkey Wrench, Spotlight Costumes and Props, and others. The live music will take place between 2 and 6pm.

Side note: The new owners of the historic building on the corner of Walnut and Spring ("The Laundromat") are featured in a video by MECCA explaining their plans for the place:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=392400135269598

And another video interviewing local artist Ron Baker about his move from Wales to Cookeville and the burgeoning arts community in Cookeville, particularly the neighborhood along Spring Street between Cedar and Walnut:

https://www.facebook.com/10100858506...98575757607573

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-07-2021 at 07:06 PM..

Old 03-20-2021, 08:14 AM

Crawdaddy's is hoping to reopen in September after the devastating fire that destroyed the iconic downtown restaurant and its popular outdoor patio.

A popular restaurant damaged by fire on Cookeville's west side may reopen by September.

Crawdaddy's West Side Grill closed temporarily in December after fire significantly damaged the property.

"It was a windy night, and one of the embers from an ashtray blew into a flower basket," Blalock said. "It festered in that flower pot for probably three hours. Then it caught some plastic on fire and it went quickly from there."

And the patio during a typical day. I hope it'll return to this soon.

Read more here (behind paywall):
https://herald-citizen.com/stories/c...-summer,48358?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 04-13-2021 at 02:35 PM..

Old 04-08-2021, 07:00 PM

Here are some updates of downtown construction projects.

The 3-story commercial and residential building on Cedar just north of the Depot and across from World Foods and Father Tom's Pub:

SAIC has applied for a $1 million permit to further expand its footprint in the Regions building downtown. When SAIC came to town it promised to have 300 IT workers at its Cookeville facility, and it's well on its way. Regions Bank is now occupying a very small area in the back of the building while the rest of the building will be taken over by SAIC.

And the 700 Broad development just east of the courthouse square, overlooking Belle Acres Golf Course. The 75 bungalows are selling quickly, and the apartment building is nearing completion. It's turning into a very nice development.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-13-2021, 01:08 PM

Something is coming to downtown, but we won't know what it is until this Friday at 10am. The Leslie Town Centre Facebook page has this teaser:

Exciting announcement coming Friday morning at 10:00 A.M.
Tune in to the Leslie Town Centre Facebook page to be the first to hear of this NEW, EXCITING addition coming to our area! Three hints will be given throughout the week, the first winning guess will receive a free "gift" from the Leslie Town Centre!
HINT #1: It's coming to DOWNTOWN!

Any ideas? I wonder if it's related to the building under construction on Cedar. I would love it if it had to do with the old Wilson site. Or maybe the space that used to house Poet's Kitchen which, unfortunately, couldn't survive the economic slowdown during the pandemic.

https://www.facebook.com/LeslieTownCentre

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-13-2021, 01:17 PM

111 posts, read 136,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Something is coming to downtown, but we won't know what it is until this Friday at 10am. The Leslie Town Centre Facebook page has this teaser:

Exciting announcement coming Friday morning at 10:00 A.M.
Tune in to the Leslie Town Centre Facebook page to be the first to hear of this NEW, EXCITING addition coming to our area! Three hints will be given throughout the week, the first winning guess will receive a free "gift" from the Leslie Town Centre!
HINT #1: It's coming to DOWNTOWN!

Any ideas? I wonder if it's related to the building under construction on Cedar. I would love it if it had to do with the old Wilson site. Or maybe the space that used to house Poet's Kitchen which, unfortunately, couldn't survive the economic slowdown during the pandemic.

https://www.facebook.com/LeslieTownCentre
My guess: the city will begin transforming the storage lot on N Cedar into parking. But I'm probably wrong because it wouldn't make sense that Leslie Town Centre would be announcing that (except for that they are right next to each other).

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/c...-parking,36577

I'm hoping you're right, and it's something to do with the old Wilson factory.

Last edited by yellowcat123; 04-13-2021 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcat123 View Post
My guess: the city will begin transforming the storage lot on N Cedar into parking. But I'm probably wrong because it wouldn't make sense that Leslie Town Centre would be announcing that (except for that they are right next to each other).

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/c...-parking,36577

I'm hoping you're right, and it's something to do with the old Wilson factory.
I wish they'd hurry up and demolish those self storage units and build the much-needed parking lot. I was in that area on Friday night, and not only was every restaurant packed including the outdoor areas, but every parking space was taken. It was nice to see. I also hope they've figured out how to save the mural when they raze those self storage units.

Anyway, the chamber of commerce had an additional teaser on their Facebook page about Friday's announcement:

Something that Cookeville has never seen before heading right to our DOWNTOWN coming in May!

So I don't think it has to do with a parking lot or even a mural. A kind of store? A restaurant? An event?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 04-13-2021 at 02:37 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 04:39 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times
A First Friday type deal; that's my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville