Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 06:59 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Just saw a local story and the court-ordered doctor says he does not see any signs of actual life and will be reporting that to the court. Now the family wants him removed as an expert because he was one of the original doctors to say that she was dead (and also is not saying what they want him to say.)

And this drags on.
He was one of the original (I think three) doctors, but I think he was the doctor that the family initially requested when they didn't agree with the first two doctors' diagnosis. As in, the family where the ones who originally called him in, and now he's said (twice) something they don't like, so they're trying to remove him from the case. Frankly, I don't think the family will ever get an answer they prefer from a legitimate doctor who actually knows what they're doing and has previous experience in this medical area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 07:27 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Yes, this is a blog, but some of Jahi's mother's Instagram antics are outrageous!

http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/

Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,962 times
There is a very specific group of tests for brain death. If they determined her brain dead, then she is brain dead. The brain stem can be intact, but time of death is the time the study was done. The surgery was for sleep apnea caused by obesity. Vegetative state is different than brain dead. A brain dead person is dead period. I'm an ICU nurse and we are legally bound to remove life support when someone is declared brain dead because they have died. It rarely happens. Only in cases of severe brain trauma, severe stroke, drowning, or brain swelling does this happen. As an ICU nurse for 9 years in a level 1 trauma center, I've seen brain death maybe 10 times. Vegetative state is different. The person is not brain dead and has some awareness.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,454,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, this is a blog, but some of Jahi's mother's Instagram antics are outrageous!

http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/
Thank you for posting that link. Those photos were....disturbing.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:04 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Thank you for posting that link. Those photos were....disturbing.
Care to do a synopsis for those of us on mobile devices that don't support the format?

Old 10-14-2014, 11:13 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Hopefully, the court will order a mental evaluation for the mother.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Care to do a synopsis for those of us on mobile devices that don't support the format?
Mainly instagram posts. Prior to Jahi's surgery lots of rants about how awful her children are, how awful other children are. How she's going to kick everyone's behind.

Recent posts are multiple pictures of mom doing Jahi's nails, her fingers look awful. Lots of weird pictures of Jahi's feet and legs, again mottled, discolored skin.

The thing mom is getting a lot of questions about are multiple pictures of meals in fancy (expensive) restaurants, and posts of expensive shoes with text saying "yeah I know we are living on donations and Medicaid but I'm going to buy these shoes because they are cute".

That type of thing.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:10 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Mainly instagram posts. Prior to Jahi's surgery lots of rants about how awful her children are, how awful other children are. How she's going to kick everyone's behind.

Recent posts are multiple pictures of mom doing Jahi's nails, her fingers look awful. Lots of weird pictures of Jahi's feet and legs, again mottled, discolored skin.

The thing mom is getting a lot of questions about are multiple pictures of meals in fancy (expensive) restaurants, and posts of expensive shoes with text saying "yeah I know we are living on donations and Medicaid but I'm going to buy these shoes because they are cute".

That type of thing.
While I like a good meal, and a cute pair of shoes, I'm going to have to say that this woman is disgusting.

I guess she is giving that poor kid the sort of loving attention that she didn't cough up when the kid was alive. Thank you for posting that, tried to give you some reps, but I need to be more promiscuous first.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,560 times
My favorite was the mom's message that her younger daughter was in trouble for hitting other children at school. When asked why she did it, the daughter said she missed her mommy.

Mom seemed to think this was sweet.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,428,427 times
in her own words, "unemployed and asking for donations but I gotta have these shoes" Those shoes would be $150 Michael Kors shoes.

"Got myself some treats today, even got Juju some Michael Kors treats"!

It seems Jahi isn't the only one being supported by the donations, momma is busy "treating" herself to some designer goodies and eating in some pretty swanky looking restaurants.
Of course we know shes a reliable citizen because she wouldn't drink the whole bottle of wine as she had to drive but thanks to her "Cadillac Margarita" hidden in a Starbucks sippy cup she can get an early start [drinking] before she goes to spend the day with her 'cuz'

These posts are really telling as to the character of this woman, she claims to have Jahi's best interest at heart, she hides behind her 'faith' as a reason to keep the poor child on life support (I can't bring myself to say alive because she clearly isn't) Who is looking after Jahi ? Who is looking after her other children while their mother wines, dines and shops on donations. This is clearly fraud, the mother looks at Jahi and all she see's are $$$$$$. Disgusting !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events