Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 10:41 AM

914 posts, read 944,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
In fact, there was a HUGE dog fighting ring busted in this area a few years back and for once in my life, I was praying to be called for jury duty......
Oh, God...I'd just about KILL to be on that jury!!

Hell, yeah. Guilty.

The one time I WAS on a jury, I was the lone holdout against convicting. After thirty minutes of deliberations, my reasonable doubts were cleared up and I voted to convict, too.

But this would be a no-brainer. skip the trial, skip the deliberations, the dog-fighters are guilty, hang 'em high and let's go home. No, wait...give me a baseball bat and let me play piñata with them, first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
So the fact that he doesn't appear sincere and has 'gotten off' in your opinion is reason to dislike this man, until you go to your grave? Is there anything he will ever be able to do to get your sympathy or at least respect as a person?
Maybe if he is sentenced to have his privates bitten off by a dog....maybe then, sympathy.

Respect? N.E.V.E.R.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I don't even know who Chipper Jones or Jared Allen are.....
Jared Allen....no idea.

Chipper Jones...career baseball player for Atlanta Braves.
I once caught a foul ball off Chipper Jones at Cinergy Field in Cincinnati.
It was self-defense. If I hadn't caught it, it would have slammed into my face, that is how perfectly that ball was hit at me. I bare-handed it. Hurt like a sonnamableach!!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Understood, but there is nothing you or I can do about it. He did his time. He deserves to be left alone unless he does something else.
Left alone - I have no problem with.

Elevated to the status of any kind of role model...THAT is what I have a problem with.

I agree, he should be left alone. By everyone.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,063,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisiin View Post
Jared Allen....no idea.

Chipper Jones...career baseball player for Atlanta Braves.
I once caught a foul ball off Chipper Jones at Cinergy Field in Cincinnati.
It was self-defense. If I hadn't caught it, it would have slammed into my face, that is how perfectly that ball was hit at me. I bare-handed it. Hurt like a sonnamableach!!

ouch!!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Your logic:

Abuse for no reason < killed for no reason

And this is considering most of the abused animals were rehabilitated.

You can't rehabilitate dead animals killed while hunting but that's your prerogative to think what you want.
Dead animals don't spend agonizing hours, days, weeks, months...being tortured.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 AM

18,741 posts, read 33,462,795 times
Vick went to prison for income tax evasion, not dogfighting or cruelty (killing failed fighting dogs with his bare hands, etc.). Anyone, and I mean anyone, knows it is wrong to cause great suffering in another being for one's one pleasure. I am glad he lost some money in the process, but he was never punished for his cruelty.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
alrighty then.... go on out and find a reformed pedophile and trust your children with him or her....

immaturity and ignorance has nothing to do with it..... my 5 and 7 year old nieces know that mistreating an animal is reprehensible.... it takes a special kind of innate character flaw to be not only be ok with it, but also to derive pleasure from it..... and that is something that is NEVER reformed out of the "human"

and maybe it stopped and maybe it didn't ... you yourself said, for all we know.... but if he had not been caught, you betchya it would still be going on.....
Are they growing up in a ghetto neighborhood in a single parent home? There are a lot of things kids are taught when they grow up in the right environment but when they grow up like he did, they learn to rob, kill, steal, deal drugs, etc. Good or bad, he's a product of his environment just like your nieces.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randmness View Post
Interesting thread.

Personally, while I feel like Vick's actions were deplorable, I do feel that he has paid his dues to society. He lost his career, filed for bankruptcy, and went to jail for nearly 2 years in a time when most celebrities are doing more heinous crimes and receiving far less judgements/punitive action.
What makes Vick's crimes LESS heinous?? Because the crime was committed against DOGS instead of PEOPLE??

Let me tell you what, if you ask me, crimes against DOGS are more heinous, unlike people they don't have the ability to defend themselves as well.

As it is, my will already dictates that all my worldly possessions are to be auctioned off, and the raised money goes to various animal charities. EVERY FRIGGIN CENT OF IT.

I tell you dogs deserve it more than any person I can think of!!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisiin View Post
Dead animals don't spend agonizing hours, days, weeks, months...being tortured.
Yet they are still alive and the ones that were in this case, many are living in homes having normal lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events