Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
So you are saying everyone is lying about what kind of haz-mats suits the health care workers were wearing?
One nurse quit her job there and came forward this morning, saying the team was wrapping their skin with tape because they had no PPE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 08:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
One nurse quit her job there and came forward this morning, saying the team was wrapping their skin with tape because they had no PPE.
All I can say is "Wow"! Unbelievable Did THP really think they could handle this?

There WILL be a "point of no return". I hope people realize this but it's not sounding like it.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And I never said the hospital should be exonerated. I just think the CDC should have moved Thomas Duncan to one of the four hospitals set up to deal with level 4 biohazards.
That's not realistic on a grand scale. We should expect all of our hospitals to be able to handle infectious diseases. Many of the errors made by the hospital are standard protocol for lesser level infectious diseases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then they should have been free to turn this man away, but they couldn't, because of government regulation.

This all boils down to a selfish human being, who selfishly put hundreds, if not thousands, at risk with his lies.
What's selfish is your proposal that they turn away a sick man with a contagious disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Good for her! I hope the CDC hires her so she doesn't lose income. She's probably married to a good financial earner and doesn't need her salary. I'm glad she quit to speak up for the nurses who can't afford to do so.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
So far, no cases of infected health care workers have been reported at Emory. What's more, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital is also the place that initially turned Duncan away even though he had a fever of 103 degrees. As we know, they later misstated facts surrounding that first ER visit.

All of this leads me to wonder if Texas Health Presbyterian is competent enough to handle something as serious as an Ebola case?

Will there be more cases from those who initially cared for Mr. Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, plus future infections from medical personnel who treat each person newly admitted to that facility?

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital nurses are citing numerous examples of serious problems there as it relates to treating Ebola patients. This one is especially shocking:"Nurses treating Duncan were also caring for other patients in the hospital."

Dallas nurses cite sloppy conditions in Ebola care

Maybe it's well past time to have people (Ebola patients) treated at another medical center, like Emory.
Spot on, and quite possibly the most useful comment and link I've seen on this topic.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 AM

534 posts, read 905,049 times
Default How does that Los saying go?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
This is exactly what my friends that work in the hospital fear, and looks like they are dead on! They say Duncans waste was piled almost to the ceiling and not removed. Those nurses also cared for other patients while caring for Duncan in the ER. Regardless of all this they still have gotten no update or training.
No special training to the cleaning team either, just nothing but silence.
The head of nursing in my state just gave an interview confirming this and voicing her concern.
We are not equipped to handle an Ebola outbreak, we shouldn't be letting people bring it in our country without any regulations. It's an obsurd chance we are taking. We can't afford it. Now we have 2 people with Ebola from Duncan, it's walking death for our ill prepared health care workers.

So far we have shown we can't contain Ebola in America.
"God bless Texas"?...time to change it to "God dam Texas, not again!"

I sure hope Rick Perry can pray away the Ebola that his unregulated conservative wonderland has unleashed.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yes. Why would THP put a young nurse, only 2 months out of nursing school, into such a potentially catastrophic contact with Duncan? Not that she was not good at what she does, but it seems that veteran personnel should be on the care team, not someone so new to the profession.
The nurse was certified in critical care 2 months ago. She had been nursing for 4 years prior to that. No information is known about the 2nd heathcare worker yet, to my knowledge.

CDC is now sending experienced Emory nurses to TX to oversee and train medical personnel on safe care for Ebola victims. Probably should have been done in the first place, but better late than never.

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
So you are saying everyone is lying about what kind of haz-mats suits the health care workers were wearing?
No, she's citing the link. The hospital has ordered level 4 gear, but they didn't have it at the time.

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Is that the equivalent of husbands doing a bad job cleaning the kitchen so you never ask them again?
Yep. Like the male habit of being able to go right to where something is located when you want to use it but not remembering where you found it when it's time to put it away.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:52 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Is that the equivalent of husbands doing a bad job cleaning the kitchen so you never ask them again?
He does that too, lol
He's got it down now but I do secret pay backs by starting backyard projects I can't finish correctly. I secretly laugh when he takes them over and finishes them.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
All I can say is "Wow"! Unbelievable Did THP really think they could handle this?

There WILL be a "point of no return". I hope people realize this but it's not sounding like it.
It does sound like there may be a possible upcoming catastrophe associated with this particular hospital. This isn't the norm in healthcare. I know all of my area hospitals have appropriate PPE. I've seen it with my own eyes on multiple occasions at many hospitals here. It's unbelievable that a hospital wouldn't have PPE to the point nurses needed to tape their skin. Sadly, I've read that tape promotes transmission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events