Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2015, 03:03 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,181,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's clear where the "skewing" is coming from. You started this topic with the following statement:

I hope both cops go down for this one.
It's clear enough your motivations as you drew this conclusion before all the evidence was even available. i.e. No interest in the facts, no interest in the lack of parenting, no interest in the photographic evidence above where people clearly thought their lives were in danger by this thug pointing a gun at them, no interest in the criminal history and disinterest of the parents no interest in anything all, that exonerates the cops from committing murder as you allege.

Dear heart, it doesn't work that way.
This boy was 12. TWELVE YEARS OLD. He wasn't even an adolescent.

I hope both officers go to prison on at least a 40 year sentence each.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
This boy was 12. TWELVE YEARS OLD. He wasn't even an adolescent..
Indeed. Blame the parents for letting a 5'7" adult looking 12 year old take a gun modified to look real to a public park and start pointing it at people. It's criminal activity and the police are there to protect the victims, not he criminal.

It's a damn shame that such parents are bringing kids into this world. There is only one possible outcome and it's not he police department's job to raise kids.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:22 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,181,267 times
Well there might be a <1% chance it was legitimate self defense. I'd rather have a 1% chance of an innocent 26 YEAR OLD in prison than this CHILD'S family not getting justice.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:37 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
It's clear where the "skewing" is coming from. You started this topic with the following statement:

I hope both cops go down for this one.
It's clear enough your motivations as you drew this conclusion before all the evidence was even available. i.e. No interest in the facts, no interest in the lack of parenting, no interest in the photographic evidence above where people clearly thought their lives were in danger by this thug pointing a gun at them, no interest in the criminal history and disinterest of the parents no interest in anything all, that exonerates the cops from committing murder as you allege.

Dear heart, it doesn't work that way.
There you go skewing again. You stated "He did" pull the gun on the cops but you can't back it up. You claim the video is so clear - then why not show the picture where Rice had pulled the gun out and pointed it at the cops, like you say he did? (yeah, I already know you're gonna ignore that question, and, come back and skew other things in an attempt to slide by that question)

Yes I did say that I hope they both go down for it. But, please tell me what more evidence had become available after I had stated that. When I had said that, the video had already been released, the lies had already been told, and then changed to fit the video .. what more concrete evidence of what happened 'in that park' had become available since then?
IF the cops had done everything on the up and up they wouldn't have found it necessary to lie about what had happened - why would they feel the need to lie if they had followed procedure??? IF they had followed proper procedure then chances are probably very good that no one would have been injured or killed.

The difference between those two liars and Wilson - even though there was no video on Wilson and Brown, Wilson gave his statement and that statement matched the forensics - Wilson didn't have to go back and change his story to fit the forensics.
Loehmann and Garmback gave their statements, then - surprise, the video surfaced and proved that they had told many lies, so they had to change their stories to match what was seen on the video.

As far as the picture where Rice was pointing the gun at the person that was walking down the sidewalk -- IF you had taken the time to actually view the video then you would have noticed that the person didn't turn around and run the other way, didn't run at all, didn't walk up on the grass, didn't get off the sidewalk into the parking area or even into the street, or, didn't move farther down the sidewalk closer to the curb .. didn't try to get away from Rice - at all - the person kept walking at a steady pace and passed by Rice practically within elbow bumping distance ... yeah, strolling right past him was a sure sign of someone who clearly thought their life was in danger.
Even the man who was sitting in the pavilion stayed there for quite some time, yeah, according to you he must have clearly thought his life was in danger, even though he just continued to sit there.

You are quick to throw up criminal history of the parents, but, Tamir Rice isn't his parents. He's never been associated with any of the local gangs, and, the police had never had any reason to suspect or question him for anything. Even though his parents may have had problems in the past, it sure sounds like they did have an interest in raising him right - otherwise he probably would have been a gang member. They didn't even want him to have a toy gun, and he wouldn't have had one if his friend hadn't given him that toy.

Yes, you're quick to bring his parents histories, but you're also blind in the histories of those two cops.
Loehmann - among many things he was deemed to lack the maturity to become a cop, and, it was deemed that neither "time, nor training, will be able to change or correct these deficiencies". He was so immature that he cried every single day for 4 months, simply because he and his girlfriend weren't getting along.
Garmback - tackled an innocent woman, put her in a headlock and continually punched her as he was taking her down. Then, while he had her on the ground he let his partner punch her in the face.
But none of that matters one whit to you does it?

Yep, two stellar (HA!) cops to hitch your wagon to.

There are good cops and there are bad cops - Loehmann and Garmback, not so good.
Maybe you should consider those two while you're clearly salivating with joy over the death of that child.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:22 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Well.... The people who where there thought quite differently about that, they called 911. I'm sure that if someone pulled a gun on you, like that shown in the photo you wouldn't be thinking brat either. In any state with a castle doctrine you would be within your right to shoot the "brat" as well.

Act like a Thug, die like a Thug. Fine example of parenting here.

Okay, if it helps you to feel better, keep calling a deceased 12 year old murdered by cops a thug.

Have fun.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Okay, if it helps you to feel better, keep calling a deceased 12 year old murdered by cops a thug..
I don't feel good about it at all. It's a shame that a certain subculture in the USA defends such tragedies no matter what the facts. He was a product of two worthless individuals who brought a child into this world then refused to take ANY responsibility as parents. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Like most members of civil society, I don't think this is fun & games. If you point a gun at someone like an adult, and it's not self defense, you are a Thug. He died like one too.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Maybe you should consider those two while you're clearly salivating with joy over the death of that child.
As I said earlier. Your motivations here are quite clear, and your real agenda has nothing to do with the death of that Thug. Insulting comments such as this only confirms it.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
You live in an alternate state of reality than the rest of us, that is utterly clear.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:24 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The difference between those two liars and Wilson - even though there was no video on Wilson and Brown, Wilson gave his statement and that statement matched the forensics - Wilson didn't have to go back and change his story to fit the forensics.
Loehmann and Garmback gave their statements, then - surprise, the video surfaced and proved that they had told many lies, so they had to change their stories to match what was seen on the video.
Loehmann and Garmback did not "give statements" prior to the video release. They were "briefly interviewed" in the immediate aftermath of the shooting but still had given no full statement or been subjected to an interrogation at the time the video was released. Like Wilson, they will have the opportunity to wait until further evidence is discovered before they are fully questioned.

Wilson was interviewed by a detective August 10, and testified before the grand jury in September. His first interview was almost 24 hours after the shooting and after Wilson had gone to the hospital. It was brief, and he was with his attorney. His statement was essentially narrative and unchallenged by the detective.

The grand jury testimony occurred after numerous leaks of evidence to the press, and also went largely unchallenged by the prosecutor.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:23 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
As I said earlier. Your motivations here are quite clear, and your real agenda has nothing to do with the death of that Thug. Insulting comments such as this only confirms it.
You are attacking me by claiming to know my "motivations" and "real agenda" - so enlighten me, 'in your mind' what is my "motivations" and "real agenda" .. here is a clue - it has everything to do with the death of Rice. Could your attack be driven by your need to deflect my requests for you to post that (non-existent) clear picture of Rice pointing that toy at the cops that you claim is in the video?

I had mentioned many, many times in these threads that "there are good cops and there are bad cops" - and, I'm guessing that there are more good cops than there are bad cops.
I'll stand behind a good cop every time, as I did with Wilson. But, I'm not going to blindly stand behind the bad cops who abuse their power.

You claim that his parents "refused to take ANY responsibility", how you come to that conclusion is beyond me - to me it speaks volumes when that child was NEVER involved with any of the local gangs, and until the park shooting, he was NEVER in a situation where he was on the cops radar - those comments had come from statements from the PD itself (Google and learn). Yet, you continue to call him a thug, or, a Thug.
Why don't you look up the parents histories for Loehmann and Garmback, obviously their parents should never had been breeders. Which is worse, a child who plays with a toy and makes a stupid childish mistake of pointing it at someone, or, two grown up adults who abuse their power? Shouldn't adults have more knowledge about knowing what is right and what is wrong compared to the knowledge of a child? Should adults, like Loehmann and Garmback, who abuse their power be allowed to be "breeders"?

Again, you stated that Rice did point the toy at the cops and that the video is clear in showing that - when are you going to post the clear still image of that? Why are you refusing to post that clear image of him pointing the toy at the cops? Could it be - that it is not on the video like you're claiming it is?

Quit deflecting and post that clear picture,that you claim is on that video, of Rice pointing the gun at the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events