Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
False narrative.

What this situation DOES highlight is the lack of parenting and taking responsibility for a 12 year old so that he isn't involved in situations that include pointing guns at police. Where is the baby mama/daddy? (I won't call them parents because real parents take care of their children.) Ahh yeah, not where to be found until their innocent "child" is shot dead. It's not the job of the police to raise these kids.

I feel bad for all these bastard babies being brought into this world because no doubt, there will be more tragedies like this to come.
Your story is likely, but to be completely honest, I know some kids with great parents, who raised multiple children, and this one kid turns out to be a murderer and drug-dealer, while his siblings are law abiding productive citizens. Sometimes you really do just get a rotten apple and noone can explain it. This isn't Tamir, from what I understand, but I did want to throw that out there.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:16 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
^ Sure, good parents can still raise a bad child. But it's almost guaranteed that children left to raise themselves, because the man & woman that spawned them are AWOL except on the day the government writes the check, isn't likely to become a productive member of society. It's why the word "bastard" is around. The results speak for themselves.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:05 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,129 times
Lots of stupid mistakes add up to one dead kid.
No one is innocent here, just too many mistakes.

Parents: Didn't teach kid about toy guns in public.
Kid: Pointing gun at others in park. Not putting hands up when cops roll up.
???: Someone removed red marker on a realistic toy.
Dispatcher: Did not relay message that "it might be a kid" and "it might be a toy"
Police Adm: Someone did not check out new recruits past record.
Police Driver: Pulled car into worst possible position. Left his partner no room and few options.
Police shooter: Should not have been a cop. Bad reactions.

Change anyone of the above mistakes and the kid is alive for Christmas.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:44 PM

23,496 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Sorry for the late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I think you misread your links. It said nothing at all about officers lying. Can you show me that determination?
What was said before the video came to light..
"A rookie officer and a 10-15 year veteran pulled into the parking lot and saw a few people sitting underneath a pavilion next to the center. The rookie officer saw a black gun sitting on the table, and he saw the boy pick up the gun and put it in his waistband, Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association President Jeffrey Follmer said.

The officer got out of the car and told the boy to put his hands up. The boy reached into his waistband, pulled out the gun and the rookie officer fired two shots, Tomba said."
Cleveland police officer shoots 12-year-old boy carrying BB gun | cleveland.com

They pulled into the parking lot - No. A car cannot get from the 'parking lot' to up by the pavilion without going around the block, then driving (roughly a block more or less) across grass and sidewalk to get to where the car ended up.
There were a few people sitting in the pavilion - No - as can be seen, only Rice was there.
Loehmann got out of the car and told Rice to put his hands up - No. Loehmann apparently said it while holding the door open a crack as they were speeding up to where Rice was.
Rice pulled 'out' the gun - No not fully, if at all.

After the video surfaced ..
"6. Loehmann orders Tamir to show his hands from inside cruiser
As Garmback raced toward Tamir, Loehmann ordered Tamir three times to show his hands, according to the police account of the incident. The commands were given through the cruiser's passenger side door Loehmann cracked open as they rushed the boy."
Tamir Rice killing caused by catastrophic chain of events: Analysis | cleveland.com

When giving the statements, before they knew there was a video and before the investigation began, there was no mention of the car sliding on grass, or snow, up to where Rice was standing. Before the video and investigation, it was mentioned that they were in the parking lot, where it appears (so they claim) that Loehmann had gotten out of the car. Oh yeah, and suddenly, after the investigation had begun, the car had 'slid on the grass' up to where Rice was standing.

Two people know what had happened, and, two people had told a story that didn't match the video, now, two people had re-worked their story to match the video - and, after that, you still believe everything they say?

Quote:
here is the FULL quote that you chopped in your post...
...see how the meaning changes when you actually quote the whole statement, hmmm?
Sorry for the choppage.

Quote:
Further, it is now noted that the car slid vs. Was pulled up that close on purpose.
So what were you saying on those two fronts, now?
You claim to see the video clearly - at what point did the car start sliding?

Quote:
As to the video, refer back in this thread where everyone whined that I didn't watch it and how it supported their story and now that I've watched it and posted stills from it it's magically "not clear", etc.
I looked for those stills that you'd posted but couldn't find them.

Check out this original video that has the timer clock from the camera (in the lower right side). At 15:30:23 - it 'appears' that Loehmann is reaching forward and has his gun right up against Rice's belly, or within an inch or two of it. (gee, that close he could have clocked him on the head, shot him in the hand/arm, tackled him, or something)
Video Shows Cleveland Cop Shoot 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice Within Seconds - NBC News

From the Justice Dept. regarding the Investigation of the Cleveland Division of Police - (which had begun 3/2013 and was released 12/4/14 - it is the second time within a decade that the Justice Dept. has had to investigate the CDP because of serious allegations - it does not include the Rice shooting) ..
Page 4..

"I. SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Our investigation concluded that there is reasonable cause to believe that CDP engages in a pattern or practice of using unreasonable force in violation of the Fourth Amendment. That pattern manifested in a range of ways, including:

The unnecessary and excessive use of deadly force, including shootings and head strikes with impact weapons;

<snip>
<snip>

The employment of poor and dangerous tactics that place officers in situations where avoidable force becomes inevitable and places officers and civilians at unnecessary risk.

Officers may be required to use force during the course of their duties. However, the Constitution requires that officers use only that amount of force that is reasonable under the circumstances. We found that CDP officers too often use unnecessary and unreasonable force in violation of the Constitution. Supervisors tolerate this behavior and, in some cases, endorse it. Officers report that they receive little supervision, guidance, and support from the Division, essentially leaving them to determine for themselves how to perform their difficult and dangerous jobs. The result is policing that is sometimes chaotic and dangerous; interferes with CDP’s ability to effectively fight crime; compromises officer safety; and frequently deprives individuals of their constitutional rights. Based on our investigation, we find that the Division engages in a pattern or practice of using excessive force in violation of the Fourth Amendment."
(emphasis mine)
http://www.justice.gov/sites/default...ngs_letter.pdf

I had only included a couple of snippets from that report, since it is 59 pages long - but it is well worth the read regarding their findings and the 'few of many' examples of excessive force that had been used-yikes. (note - neither I nor the Justice Dept. claims that all of the CDP are the way they are portrayed in the report - but it does seem that there are a few)

Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Wall of text on my mobile. I'll respond with content later. Ty for links/data

Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Even after it was obvious that they'd just gunned down a child with a toy, they let that child bleed to death.

Quote:
Reporters for cleveland.com obtained extended footage of the killing of Tamir Rice. The full video demonstrates police officers' callous indifference to the boy they had wrongly shot. The two cops allowed him to bleed for several minutes; the first person to administer aid to Rice was actually an FBI agent who happened upon the scene while the officers stood around doing nothing.

Well, that's not quite right. They did something—they intercepted Tamir's sister as she ran to help him, knocked her on the ground, wrestled with her, held her down, handcuffed her, and placed her in the squad car a mere 10 feet away from her mortally wounded brother. And it was there that she waited, according to cleveland.com.

Timothy Loehmann, the officer who killed Rice, had a record of mental instability and was previous forced to resign from a different police force for his "dismal" gun performance.
Full Tamir Rice Video Released: Attorney Calls It 'Cruelest Thing I've Ever Seen,' And You Will, Too - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Note that this comes from Reason.com - not exactly a bunch of leftists there. Actually, they're libertarians (which, bizarrely, many reactionaries never tire of pretending to be).

Old 01-08-2015, 09:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Even after it was obvious that they'd just gunned down a child with a toy, they let that child bleed to death.

Full Tamir Rice Video Released: Attorney Calls It 'Cruelest Thing I've Ever Seen,' And You Will, Too - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Note that this comes from Reason.com - not exactly a bunch of leftists there. Actually, they're libertarians (which, bizarrely, many reactionaries never tire of pretending to be).
I don't even want to see this. This murder is so disgusting & what is more disgusting are the vile people on here justifying it.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Lots of stupid mistakes add up to one dead kid.
No one is innocent here, just too many mistakes.

Parents: Didn't teach kid about toy guns in public.
Kid: Pointing gun at others in park. Not putting hands up when cops roll up.
???: Someone removed red marker on a realistic toy.
Dispatcher: Did not relay message that "it might be a kid" and "it might be a toy"
Police Adm: Someone did not check out new recruits past record.
Police Driver: Pulled car into worst possible position. Left his partner no room and few options.
Police shooter: Should not have been a cop. Bad reactions.

Change anyone of the above mistakes and the kid is alive for Christmas.
So you are saying that black parents should not let their kids play with toy guns in public. Is that something white parents are supposed to do as well? Because I see an awful lot of white children playing with toy guns in public.

And even more absurdly, you are saying that black children should not play with toy guns in parks and should put their hands up when cops roll up? That is your vision of American freedom? I can't even . . .

Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
So you are saying that black parents should not let their kids play with toy guns in public. Is that something white parents are supposed to do as well? Because I see an awful lot of white children playing with toy guns in public.....
Oh please. False Narrative This isn't a Black vs White issue

You give a kid a gun, whether it be a toy or not, the very first lesson that should to with it is to never point it at someone and especially a stranger or cop. It's called proper parenting and that is color blind. This situation is example enough what can happen when kids are not taught proper skills for society. For your story to have any creedance you have to first accept that Blacks can't parent yet we know this isn't true.

Then we have the whole issue of an unsupervised 12 year old being in this location with no supervision in the first place, but I assume you avoid that because it doesn't the narrative either.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,028 times
Who is Tamir Rice? Never mind, I don't really care...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events