Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 03:30 PM

469 posts, read 549,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The kid should not have had a gun replica, should not have been aiming it at people. What were his parents thinking?

There is a huge problem with guns among Black youths, a huge number of shootings. Half the gun homicide perpetrators are black males. The cop obviously was lumping this kid in with the statistics.

A tragedy all around. A boy dead, a cop probably headed for jail or else there'll be riots and looting. And the family will make a million or two on interviews, a book deal, and settlements. And the potus will make one of his typical "if I had a son" comments to stir things up.

Just so your dumb ass know, the cop record was released and his was REMOVED from training in another police department because of horrible testing results while in the academy, he was even denied a position with the NYPD of all people because of lack of discipline. The only reason he was able to get with this police department was because he DAD WAS A COP and had some pull. This dude should be bagging groceries not handling a weapon. Read the report the Police department had on him...its beyond disturbing how he could not grasp the simplest of things.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:53 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,067 times
If a cop is indeed racist he still doesn't want to shoot people. Why would they want to risk their livlihood? I'm sure there are some racist cops who get sick of arresting black people but that sure as hell doesnt mean they are out to shoot and kill them. Get real. I can think of a few people I dislike but I'd never kill them. Cops kill people when they fear for their own life.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You didn't watch the video, it's paintfully obvious. How many times can someone be consistently incorrect & refuse to watch & comprehend a video?
Ive seen the video and it is more of the kid didnt heed instruxtions from the officer and went and reached for their gun. The gun looked like a real gun so the officer didn't have the seconds to scan and see it wasn't a toy. Had he done that and the gun was real, the officer and his partner may be dead similar to the cop killer in New York this past weekend or California last year.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:04 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You didn't watch the video, it's paintfully obvious. How many times can someone be consistently incorrect & refuse to watch & comprehend a video?
I am the one who linked to it on here. Go back and look.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ive seen the video and it is more of the kid didnt heed instruxtions from the officer and went and reached for their gun. The gun looked like a real gun so the officer didn't have the seconds to scan and see it wasn't a toy. Had he done that and the gun was real, the officer and his partner may be dead similar to the cop killer in New York this past weekend or California last year.
Yep, here is little Tamir:

Where is his pistol? Where are his hands?
Yep.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
Just so your dumb ass know, the cop record was released and his was REMOVED from training in another police department because of horrible testing results while in the academy, he was even denied a position with the NYPD of all people because of lack of discipline. The only reason he was able to get with this police department was because he DAD WAS A COP and had some pull. This dude should be bagging groceries not handling a weapon. Read the report the Police department had on him...its beyond disturbing how he could not grasp the simplest of things.
All of this is true, but it's also irrelevant. He was presented with a "shoot/no shoot" scenario, and he did what any reasonable officer would have done.

-He correctly identified an object as a gun.
-He shot when the suspect's hands went to said gun instead of up/away/out/whatever.
-It's all caught on film right here:

Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
All of this is true, but it's also irrelevant. He was presented with a "shoot/no shoot" scenario, and he did what any reasonable officer would have done.

-He correctly identified an object as a gun.
-He shot when the suspect's hands went to said gun instead of up/away/out/whatever.
-It's all caught on film right here:
Why are you still arguing this? We've got way bigger fish to fry. You have a lot better imagination than I do if you can see the suspect's hands going to his gun. I don't know... if the kid was so trigger happy I don't know why he didn't unload on the passers by that are blurred out of identification in the video. I also wonder why the patrol car rolled right up on an armed crazy man who was threatening tax paying citizens of the realm. They don't have a helicopter? They couldn't take up defensive fire positions at a safe distance?? They had to roll right up on him putting themselves in danger of their lives from which they had to shoot their way clear? George Zimmerman had to leave the safety of his patrol car and put himself in physical danger from which he had to shoot his way clear? Really?? I really just don't know... I did say way back at the start of this thread that there would be a backlash, yes? Even I didn't know that that would look like dead law enforcement officers. It only gets worse from here because the response from law enforcement will definitely be more of the same on steroids. Not the right response, of course but the leopard cannot change his spots.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
In a open carry city wouldn't you want roll up, at a distance, and start asking questions
And that is the million dollar question!

Those cops had no business driving up to within a few feet of Rice. They should have stopped a distance away and used the mic in the car to instruct him to raise his hands/get down on the ground.

What I don't get is why there are some on here that say the cops were right in what they did. Remember, those two cops didn't have a clue they were being video taped. Since they didn't know there was a video showing what had happened they lied - a lot - about what happened.

IF they had followed proper procedure then why did they feel the need to lie about, well, pretty much everything that happened??? IF they had followed proper procedure then they wouldn't have felt the need to lie.

By their lying about so much of what happened they knew that how they handled it was wrong, they just weren't counting on a video popping up proving that they were lying.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Why are you still arguing this? We've got way bigger fish to fry. You have a lot better imagination than I do if you can see the suspect's hands going to his gun. Well this is the video everyone said they could tell what officers did and did not say from...you get my point now? I don't know... if the kid was so trigger happy I don't know why he didn't unload on the passers by that are blurred out of identification in the video. Some people hunt cops. Like the nutjob who drove to NYC. He could have shot passerby's too. For all the officers know the guy was just drawing attention until an officer showed up. It happens quite often. I have videos of it if you like? I also wonder why the patrol car rolled right up on an armed crazy man who was threatening tax paying citizens of the realm. It was a bad move. They don't have a helicopter? Sure, for what though?They couldn't take up defensive fire positions at a safe distance?? They had to roll right up on him putting themselves in danger of their lives from which they had to shoot their way clear? It was bad tactics.George Zimmerman had to leave the safety of his patrol car and put himself in physical danger from which he had to shoot his way clear? Really?? I really just don't know... I did say way back at the start of this thread that there would be a backlash, yes? Even I didn't know that that would look like dead law enforcement officers. It only gets worse from here because the response from law enforcement will definitely be more of the same on steroids. Not the right response, of course but the leopard cannot change his spots.

See, where you're wrong is that the criminal initiates the problem. Anything and everything is their fault from there on out. Could LE handle some things better sometimes? Sure, but if it weren't for the criminal, none of it would be necessary. Police are human, mistakes happen. Don't be a criminal, don't be shot. So so simple!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And that is the million dollar question!

Those cops had no business driving up to within a few feet of Rice. They should have stopped a distance away and used the mic in the car to instruct him to raise his hands/get down on the ground.

What I don't get is why there are some on here that say the cops were right in what they did. Remember, those two cops didn't have a clue they were being video taped. Since they didn't know there was a video showing what had happened they lied - a lot - about what happened.

IF they had followed proper procedure then why did they feel the need to lie about, well, pretty much everything that happened??? IF they had followed proper procedure then they wouldn't have felt the need to lie.

By their lying about so much of what happened they knew that how they handled it was wrong, they just weren't counting on a video popping up proving that they were lying.
Back up a bit...if Tamir hadn't been pointing a gun at people this wouldn't have happened. Problem solved. But then, liberal America loves them a criminal. Always someone else's fault. Never the person breaking the law to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events