Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
"The two Cleveland police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy who was carrying a pellet gun, stood by without rendering medical aid as the boy lay wounded next to their patrol car, a newly released extended surveillance video shows."
Except that the video, which many didn't want released, shows they didn't just "stand by without rendering medical aid". They had to deal with the young thug's 14 year old sister who showed up, and had to be restrained. There way no way they could have done anything with that going on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-brother.html

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-08-2015 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 05:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are correct. I made a mistake about the tape. I am big enough to admit it. But that point is moot. The picture released and posted above is clear enough that a gun was pulled.

In regards to calling someone a liar, if anyone said a gun wasn't pulled then they are a liar or ignorant of the facts. Again the photo above proves otherwise. It sounds like a trifling point to me, but people will do anything to distract from what happened and to push an agenda.
The picture shows he pointed the gun, but that was before the police car showed up. He had been pointing the gun at people and that was reason for the 911 call. That picture doesn't prove he was pointing the gun at the cops when they came up on him. Not to me anyway.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
You are correct. I made a mistake about the tape. I am big enough to admit it. But that point is moot. The picture released and posted above is clear enough that a gun was pulled.

In regards to calling someone a liar, if anyone said a gun wasn't pulled then they are a liar or ignorant of the facts. Again the photo above proves otherwise. It sounds like a trifling point to me, but people will do anything to distract from what happened and to push an agenda.
You quoted TheCityTheBridge where he said ..
"And Tamir Rice did not point the toy gun at a policeman...."

Your response to that quoted post was ..
"He did. You are simply not believing your eyes because it does not agree with the narrative that you accepted without the facts."

Then you post a picture, supposedly to prove your point that he did point the gun at the cops ... where are the cops in that picture?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee;37942890....
Then you post a picture, supposedly to prove your point that he did point the gun at the cops ... where are the cops in that picture?
You make a wrong assumption. That was a still to prove that he was pointing a gun at people and that it did not look like a toy. Furthermore the identity of the party he has pointed the gun at, as been covered up in that still picture. People, such as yourself, will argue the video isn't clear enough to make that out, even though forensic evidence of said video says that it proves he did. The photo clarifies this.

You are attempting to cast the blame on the cops. The photo is clear enough to prove where the blame goes. That would be on the young thug and and the sorry parents who brought him into this world. Not the cops and the silly mime that he was just a kid playing games is proved to be nonsense by that photo.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Except that the video, which many didn't want released, shows they didn't just "stand by without rendering medical aid". They had to deal with the young thug's 14 year old sister who showed up, and had to be restrained. There way no way they could have done anything with that going on.

New Tamir Rice video shows police pushing his sister to the ground | Daily Mail Online

"the young thug"?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
"the young thug"?
What is your description of someone that points a pellet gun that has been modified to look like a real gun, at people.? "Thug" is being nice.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
You make a wrong assumption. That was a still to prove that he was pointing a gun at people and that it did not look like a toy. Furthermore the identity of the party he has pointed the gun at, as been covered up in that still picture. People, such as yourself, will argue the video isn't clear enough to make that out, even though forensic evidence of said video says that it proves he did. The photo clarifies this.

You are attempting to cast the blame on the cops. The photo is clear enough to prove where the blame goes. That would be on the young thug and and the sorry parents who brought him into this world. Not the cops and the silly mime that he was just a kid playing games is proved to be nonsense by that photo.
You can try to skew what you and I said as much as you want, but it's not going to work!

Our recent conversation was not about whether he had pulled the gun out, and, pointed it at a (non-cop) person, in fact I doubt anyone, including myself, had ever stated that he'd never pulled the gun out and pointed it a (non-cop) person!! Our recent conversation was (once again) based on the following...

You quoted TheCityTheBridge where he said ..
"And Tamir Rice did not point the toy gun at a policeman...."

Your response to that post was ..
"He did. You are simply not believing your eyes because it does not agree with the narrative that you accepted without the facts."

Now, since you quoted a post that said he didn't point the gun at the cop and you replied to that post by saying HE DID - where are the cops in that picture?

Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
What is your description of someone that points a pellet gun that has been modified to look like a real gun, at people.? "Thug" is being nice.
Yeah, I'm sure you rather call this kid something else.

When I was growing up there were plenty of kids that would point a toy/pellet/plastic (whatever) gun at people, even people they knew. This is done today. Given their ages, I would call them a brat or punk kid. Not a thug.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
..... I would call them a brat or punk kid. Not a thug.
Well.... The people who where there thought quite differently about that, they called 911. I'm sure that if someone pulled a gun on you, like that shown in the photo you wouldn't be thinking brat either. In any state with a castle doctrine you would be within your right to shoot the "brat" as well.

Act like a Thug, die like a Thug. Fine example of parenting here.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You can try to skew what you and I said as much as you want, but it's not going to work!....
It's clear where the "skewing" is coming from. You started this topic with the following statement:

I hope both cops go down for this one.
It's clear enough your motivations as you drew this conclusion before all the evidence was even available. i.e. No interest in the facts, no interest in the lack of parenting, no interest in the photographic evidence above where people clearly thought their lives were in danger by this thug pointing a gun at them, no interest in the criminal history and disinterest of the parents no interest in anything all, that exonerates the cops from committing murder as you allege.

Dear heart, it doesn't work that way.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-09-2015 at 02:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events