Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 11:14 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see by your last post you have changed tact from the quote of your previous post I highlighted.

I guess you now realize how absurd your claim is based on some other posters who gave you some examples before I did. While I am still not sure what the poster who responded to my post was driving at, it had nothing to do with my overall point.

The poster wanted you to find cases where young white children with guns were shot by police officers.

That's all.

Quote:
Injecting race into a situation where it does not belong diminishes the overall problem of police policies which allow too much lethal force. Hopefully you have wizened up to that, or are in the process of doing so.
As far as Wilson goes, I've changed my stance on what he did being race-based, but I do believe HE started the entire altercation of what happened and will NEVER believe that Brown attacked him and tried to take his gun. He's LYING. It was a case of a power tripping cop gone wrong.

Tamir Rice, no, that was indeed RACE-BASED. No way would that cop would have shot a 12 year old white kid within two seconds of driving up on him. Sorry.

Eric Garner was killed by a cop who should have had his badge taken away the first several times he did questionable stuff (i.e., pulling down black men's pants in the middle of the street, then smacking their testicles looking for "contraband", etc.). Don't believe it was race-based, but I really wish the other cops there would have pulled that maniac pervert cop off him when he was down on the ground and already subdued.

The black guy shot in the Brooklyn projects was race-based, because I doubt the asian cop would have done the same if he was stationed in an asian neighborhood where there were no lights in the stairwell. It was an accident, but still.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:21 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The poster wanted you to find cases where young white children with guns were shot by police officers.

That's all.

As far as Wilson goes, I've changed my stance on what he did being race-based, but I do believe HE started the entire altercation of what happened and will NEVER believe that Brown attacked him and tried to take his gun. He's LYING. It was a case of a power tripping cop gone wrong. Wrong. A bully thug tried to play bully with the wrong person. He deserved what he got.

Tamir Rice, no, that was indeed RACE-BASED. No way would that cop would have shot a 12 year old white kid within two seconds of driving up on him. Sorry. More black victim mentality.

Eric Garner was killed by a cop who should have had his badge taken away the first several times he did questionable stuff (i.e., pulling down black men's pants in the middle of the street, then smacking their testicles looking for "contraband", etc.). Don't believe it was race-based, but I really wish the other cops there would have pulled that maniac pervert cop off him when he was down on the ground and already subdued. Why was the idiot resisting arrest? He didn't deserve to die but put himself in that position to begin with.

The black guy shot in the Brooklyn projects was race-based, because I doubt the asian cop would have done the same if he was stationed in an asian neighborhood where there were no lights in the stairwell. It was an accident, but still.
You can't make the ASSumption.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:22 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Someone on screen #1 asked if anyone here had been in a lethal situation. I have. And I taught it. And I worked for a medical examiner during my very long career. Here are my thoughts:

Can you yell "Hands up" two or three times in three seconds? You bet. While you are drawing your weapon. While you are shooting your weapon. While teaching 'shoot/don't shoot' scenarios that are recorded, we measured shouts, commands and weapons usage in tenths and hundreds of seconds. You couldn't even work for us if you couldn't draw and fire two center mass rounds in 1.8 seconds from standing perfectly still. Yelling, drawing and firing one round in two seconds is a snap.

Homicide? There are only five manners of death. Homicide (someone else did it), suicide (you did it to yourself), natural (mother nature did it) accidental (No one did it on purpose, it just happened) and undetermined (we can't figure it out). Only one applies here, but that is NOT a legal finding that it was wrongful. For example, anyone here know what a 'judicial homicide' is? It's a government sanctioned execution, such as what we did to John Wayne Gacy. As long as the officer meant to fire and the death resulted, the cause of death gunshot wound and manner of death is homicide. Everything beyond that is up to the courts.

Lots of talk about the driver of the squad car. I haven't interviewed him and no one else here has, either. But I bet I know what happened - they were arriving 'in the area' (what you would transmit on your radio when you were arriving at the scene but still looking for the reported offender) with both sets of eyes craning around looking for whatever they were dispatched to handle. Suddenly they find they are ten feet away from a male who fit whatever description they were given. Car jerks to a stop and the passenger officer bails out only to find himself face to face with a male (he called him 'about 20 [years old]') who has a very real looking gun in his hand or his waistband. That kid makes even a flinch toward the gun and every police firearms instructor currently teaching would advise the officer to fire immediately. (I don't agree with it, but that is the current training.) So until we find out what the driver of the squad car knew and when he knew it, we should NOT assume they saw the suspect from 100 yards out and closed on him to within ten feet. That doesn't make sense and none of us would ever do that. But suddenly finding yourself right on top of the guy you're looking for? It's happened to me a zillion times.

I've heard through my grapevine that this case might have some maturity/lack-of-experience issues involved, but I don't know that firsthand. I do know, from investigating hundreds of death scenes, that this could very well be a case of mistaken identity (the cop thought the kid was an adult or a gang-banger); a case of strict adherence to range training without an independent assessment of the actual threat (reflexively acting as trained without thinking first); or a case where the kid pulled, pointed or otherwise brandished a very real looking gun and the cop thought he was about to buy it. For the record - I don't know. I'll leave it to the investigation.

But I do agree with those who recognize this as a very, very unfortunate tragedy.
All I see here is black lives don't matter. Yes the cop followed his training, was afraid for his life etc etc. Yup, everything done by the book but the result is a black kid died. If you can't see a problem with that, then you have no empathy. Lack of empathy for people who don't look like you is really the root of the problem.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You can't make the ASSumption.
You said:
Quote:
Tamir Rice, no, that was indeed RACE-BASED. No way would that cop would have shot a 12 year old white kid within two seconds of driving up on him. Sorry. More black victim mentality.
Can you please tell me what the "more black victim mentality" is when the VIDEO clearly shows the cop shooting the kid as soon as he walks over to the cop car IN A NON-THREATENING MANNER?

What "more black victim mentality" are you talking about?

Please answer this. Thank you.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
All I see here is black lives don't matter. Yes the cop followed his training, was afraid for his life etc etc. Yup, everything done by the book but the result is a black kid died. If you can't see a problem with that, then you have no empathy. Lack of empathy for people who don't look like you is really the root of the problem.
Yeah, but THIS particular cop wasn't trained to respond in this manner at his old police department.

In fact, the gun instructors there KNEW he would eventually do something like this and recommended that he not be hired full time, because he was a failure waiting to happen.

Tamir's death is no surprise to them which is why they released everything they had on him to the press as soon as his name was mentioned as the cop who shot the kid.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:39 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
You said:

Can you please tell me what the "more black victim mentality" is when the VIDEO clearly shows the cop shooting the kid as soon as he walks over to the cop car IN A NON-THREATENING MANNER?

What "more black victim mentality" are you talking about?

Please answer this. Thank you.
You said this would not of happened if the kid was white. How do you know that or are you guilty of black victim mentality like I said?

Old 12-17-2014, 11:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
As for "assault rifles", you are aware that very few people actually possess one? The AR-15 is a replica, not an actual assault weapon. I'm not a gun expert but this is one of those factoids that tend to get lost in the shuffle.
What does this mean exactly? You want the general public to stop calling the AR-15 and assault rifle just because it is a copy of a military weapon? What is the proper name then? This is a peculiar nit to pick IMO, I know you will tell me I am a brain washed liberal so let's just get the name calling out of the way - what is the preferred name for this type of weapon and why do you think the gun is being given a bad rep.

Quote:
It won't change.

The cop calls the kid over to the car and as soon as he does he shoots him in the chest.

Thank goodness for the video. At least this cop won't be able to claim the kid "dipped his hand in his waistband" like so many others have done.

Quote:
You said this would not of happened if the kid was white. How do you know that or are you guilty of black victim mentality like I said?
The other videos show how white perps are handled with patience and restraint, meanwhile the black kid was shot down with extreme prejudiced by a cop with a bad record using poor procedure who shouldn't have been a cop in the first place.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
This is my personal belief (mine, not all 40 million blacks, just ME).

The cop claimed the 12 year old resembled a 20 year old man. Just like Wilson said Brown resembled a giant gothic demonic figure when he was supposedly being "attacked" by him.

How the hell can you confuse a 12 year old kid that LOOKS 12 YEARS OLD to be a grown man of 20???

He even looks like a kid in the freaking video!

Why do all REASON and critical thinking skills go out the window when white cops confront black males?

Can you answer that?

Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:

That's all.

As far as Wilson goes, I've changed my stance on what he did being race-based, but I do believe HE started the entire altercation of what happened and will NEVER believe that Brown attacked him and tried to take his gun. He's LYING. It was a case of a power tripping cop gone wrong.

Tamir Rice, no, that was indeed RACE-BASED. No way would that cop would have shot a 12 year old white kid within two seconds of driving up on him. Sorry.

Eric Garner was killed by a cop who should have had his badge taken away the first several times he did questionable stuff (i.e., pulling down black men's pants in the middle of the street, then smacking their testicles looking for "contraband", etc.). Don't believe it was race-based, but I really wish the other cops there would have pulled that maniac pervert cop off him when he was down on the ground and already subdued.

It gets frustrating when the goal line gets moved or flat out mistakes are being made.

The poster in question, responding to my post, and apparently implied that by virtue of there not being white examples of cops shooting unarmed white people, that that somehow proved the recent ones in the media were raced based.
I didn't understand what he was saying since it didn't make a logical sense, just emotion based speculation/tripe.
Then you came along with another poster and chimed in to imply that I could not find examples, which of course is absurd. They sadly happen every year, sometimes to children as well.
Not only did I mention a few off the top of my head in a later post, but another poster gave examples before I did, which debunks that absurd notion. You even implied I could not go back centuries to find even one example, yet the ones I mentioned did not happen all that long ago.

Remember me saying that if examples were hard to find, it was just further proof that the media and race merchants intentionally ignore other examples, when they do not fit the narrative of white cop vs. black suspect?

So on the one hand you say that you changed your view, yet still want to ignore eyewitness testimony that multiple witnesses gave(mostly black witnesses) that back up officer Wilson.
Lets take this one step at a time. You say officer Wilson started the altercation. On that score you might be correct. HOWEVER (using caps for emphasis since you seem to like doing so), he is a policeman, and it is his job to enforce the law. Therefore most interactions with police will involve them "starting it" since they investigate crime, and take action to enforce the law.

The sad thing about you not believing the cop over the criminal is that you do not give the cop the benefit of the doubt over a criminal like most normal people do. Furthermore, you were able to see video evidence of Brown attacking the store clerk after he had robbed the place and was walking out, only to turn around on the clerk. My goodness, that is something most people will never see in conflicting testimony, yet it seems to have flown over your head.

BTW - It is not uncommon for criminals to try and disarm cops. It happens more often than you might think, and cops do get killed with their own batons & guns.

I need to run but I will finish my response in a little while.

`

Old 12-17-2014, 05:55 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:

That's all.

So you honestly believe that this cop arrived on the scene and because the kid was black decided to mow him down
What do you base this on other than assumption/conjecture?
Was the cop known to have brutalized blacks before?
Was the cop a member of a racist organization?
What?

In this case, you are not inferring it was based on race, so hopefully we can both agree that poor hiring and/or weeding out policies are to blame. You would be shocked at the type of people they will hire now days to be police.

Heck my biggest beef with what happened was not the taking down of a resisting suspect, rather that after he was subdued, no one rendered aid when he was saying he could not breathe. Both the cops and medics need to be held accountable for that. My 2nd biggest issue is why is NYC sending out cops to make arrests for small time tax cheats. Just issue the tickets/citations and deal with them in a non physical way.

I am not sure which case you are referring to, but rest assured many an unarmed suspect gets killed by the police(far too many), and it has nothing to do with race. For instance if a black cop shoots a black suspect, I doubt you would claim it is racial, right?
(black on black)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YlepdVfiZo

Or just walking down the street a deaf man whittling a piece of wood with a tiny knife can get you blown away(white on white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLiAWdq9pf0

Or holding a garden hose sprayer (white on white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6S7LRrCru8

Another unarmed white suspect (firefighter) killed by a white cop
(white on white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1djqKjvltRI

And here a black LEO shooting a unarmed white suspect reaching for his cane;
(black on white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiuAf2F-BPo

Any of the aforementioned had nothing to do with race, yet if it was white cop vs. black suspect, the liberal media and race merchants would frame it that way. Yet the problem is over aggressive cops regardless of the race of the LEO or suspect.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events