Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 08:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Straight out of HS, his father sent him to Florida, so something happened there that no one is willing to tell..it goes to his myspace page back then..

In 2005 he charged with resisting a police officer with violence..was given a diversion program, which obviously didn't work for him. He still appears to have anger and impulse control issues and doesn't take rejection well..
Watch This: George Zimmerman Arrested in 2005 - The Root

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law | Fox News

GZs day will come. I only pray there isn't another fatality due to this very violent person..
So ??? As I said, he had the two incidents before killing Martin. Both were 7 years before killing Martin.

Also as I said, nothing to be proud of.

I don't recall the exact quote from the bond hearing, but when the state brought up the resisting arrest, the judge said something like 'I know how those things work,' and basically disregarded it. He knew that cops will pump any questioning or touching to resisting/violence.

Unless he did a lot more and wasn't caught, I don't consider his pre-Martin record worthy of calling a long history of violence or a predictor that he'd kill anyone.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:12 AM

244 posts, read 248,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
BBM -- In the eyes of most people the behaviors you've cited would be described as a rather bad record for a young man: domestic violence + assault. Why do people give GZ these passes? That's what perplexes most people whom I know.
I'm not even a little perplexed.

I still wonder about Zimmerman's emails that the court sealed, having declared them too inflammatory. Would a peek at those babies increase or decrease his support base? And whatever happened to Shellie's book? Why isn't Samantha Scheibe parlaying her story into cold hard cash? She had the air of a budding celebrity about her until the day he barricaded himself in the house (the first barricade, not the recent one).

Old 01-20-2015, 10:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
BBM -- In the eyes of most people the behaviors you've cited would be described as a rather bad record for a young man: domestic violence + assault. Why do people give GZ these passes? That's what perplexes most people whom I know.
What does 'giving him a pass' mean. Nothing to be proud of and not wanting as a buddy is about what it amounts to for me. I'm with the bond judge who called the dv and mutual restraining order 'somewhat mild' and the cop incident 'run of the mill.' For a 29 year-old guy when he killed TM, sorry, it doesn't = a long history of violence or a dangerous criminal.

I don't think of TM as a thug, so maybe my standards for long history of violence or thug are atypical.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah. Nothing to indicate he was a dangerous guy.
Maybe, maybe not. But certainly nothing to indicate that he was a cold blooded murderer which is what is being alleged by those who support TM, only because he is Black, in this topic.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Well, if assaulting a cop wasn't a serious offense could you please explain why Mike Brown and others have died doing this....
Easy. Assault a policeman with the perceived intent to kill said cop, you can expect to die and count yourself lucky if you don't.

It's not that complicated.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:46 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But certainly nothing to indicate that he was a cold blooded murderer which is what is being alleged by those who support TM, only because he is Black, in this topic.
You are so wrong-- and we have given you many alternate reasons- so -stay in your sand box your mind cannot open up -

Old 01-20-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You are sowrong-- and we have given you many alternate reasons- so -stay in your sand box your mind cannot open up -
Oh Dear, "many alternative reasons". LOL

This "many alternate reasons" simply means you can't accept the Jury decision, and thus are throwing all kinds of made up excuses at it hoping that some excuse ends up sticking.

Thanks for admitting that.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:03 AM

21 posts, read 17,917 times
Quote:
It perplexes me too. I was also shocked he never had to answer for throwing a drunk bar patron across the room when he worked as a bouncer. I suppose because the bar was not legal due to lack of a liquor license to begin with and maybe the lady he injured was ashamed of her part or perhaps the bar owner paid her off so she wouldn't report his bar.

I've been enjoying your well-reasoned posts mbutterfly.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
.... I was also shocked he never had to answer for throwing a drunk bar patron across the room when he worked as a bouncer.....
Why? If you are referring to the trial, then anyone with just a little knowledge of court proceedings in the USA, is that previous unrelated incidents are inadmissible as evidence that someone committed a murder.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:15 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
I wonder if GZ could use stand your ground against an undercover DEA agent who happens to look like a punk to him and how that would that turn out? God knows Florida has a lot of drugs being sold.
O'meara would dream up something to defend him frame of mind.

Last edited by frankrj; 01-20-2015 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events