Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 01:25 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
In any case, my opinion.....
I fully support your right to hold whatever opinion you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 01:49 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,811,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
There are few things I hate worse than a thief.
Having grown up in a Chicano neighborhood, I can name a lot of things that I hate worse than theft:

- the brutality that the cholos use when they get into fights
- drive by shootings
- my neighbors finding a dead body in the ditch behind our house
- cholos always looking for any excuse to get into a fight, if you are a young male in this environment you are a target.
- heroin junkies and paint sniffers hanging out in alleys and the backyards of houses
- getting jumped by guys with chains and knives
- violence ever-present, in one way or another always affecting somebody you know, friends, family
- neighborhood full of ex-cons

Stealing a car is not an act of violence. My advice is this: do whatever you can to AVOID using your gun. If someone is stealing a car and they do not show a gun and they are not assaulting you, then don't shoot them.

Last edited by 80skeys; 02-17-2015 at 02:00 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 02:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,708,014 times
Quote:
Stealing a car is not an act of violence.
If a gun is pointed at you or violence against you is inferred, it certainly is.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:08 PM

8,311 posts, read 8,719,514 times
Other news stories say the thieves fired first.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:39 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,811,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
.... if violence against you is inferred, it certainly is.
It greatly troubles me that in this thread I've seen a lot of people using the idea of "inferred" violence as justification for pulling out your gun and shooting someone. Wrong wrong wrong. The last thing you need to do is shoot someone because you "guess" they might do violence.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:35 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,756,628 times
Quote:
It greatly troubles me that in this thread I've seen a lot of people using the idea of "inferred" violence as justification for pulling out your gun and shooting someone. Wrong wrong wrong. The last thing you need to do is shoot someone because you "guess" they might do violence.
I think the vast majority who might read this would be troubled there is someone who offers up every consideration, benefit of the doubt and courtesy to criminals committing violent crime. Yet at the same time they also seek to lock up the victims for defending themselves against it.

Troubling Indeed.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:20 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,796,246 times
I could care less, if someone is on my property stealing my property I should have the right to shoot them. If you choose to do the crime you have to think of the consequences. One less criminal off the streets is good for the whole and if more people know of the possible outcome of their actions (death) perhaps we would have less criminals on the streets.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,708,014 times
Quote:

If a couple of characters who look like thugs pull up in your driveway while your unloading your groceries yelling "Gimme your keys!!", I'll definitely feel good about shooting them in response to this "inferred" violence.

If you want to take the possible beating and death in order to give them the benefit of the doubt, you have every right to do so.

Teen parolee charged in driveway killing of Atascocita man - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
Hours before Frye's body was discovered, the 41-year-old father of three had gone to return a movie to a local Redbox. Detectives said he may have been followed home.

According to court documents, Mora told police he and an unidentified accomplice followed Frye home because they wanted his car.

One of them allegedly shot Frye because he didn't turn over his keys quickly enough.

My wife actually dated the victim briefly.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:09 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,183,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Well that is true the Bible says all sins are equal. So that must mean if we covet anothers wife or not honor our father and mother or take the Lord's name in vain we should be killed for those to if you gonna kill someone for stealing.
If I could kill someone for coveting my wife... nevermind, I won't go there...

Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,183,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Well that is true the Bible says all sins are equal. So that must mean if we covet anothers wife or not honor our father and mother or take the Lord's name in vain we should be killed for those to if you gonna kill someone for stealing.
All sins are equal in God's eyes, but Texas law allows deadly force to be used in defense of property in certain circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events