Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 10:15 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times

Advertisements

This is actually a rather big crime if you consider that gun nuts can kill you just because you happen to be on their lawn And many here will find that reasonable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 10:18 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
This is actually a rather big crime if you consider that gun nuts can kill you just because you happen to be on their lawn And many here will find that reasonable
What is your definition of "gun nut".

Old 02-23-2015, 10:22 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Stealing a truck is not a hanging offense, or shooting offense. Unless it was a carjacking (which it wasn't), these brothers were not justified in taking another human life simply because some thief made off with their truck. Call the police while following them, or claim a loss with insurance, but killing someone because they drove off with your POS truck is excessive. When people value a material possession over the life of another human being, it's time to question those values. I also don't feel that making the comparison between breaking into someone's home and stealing a truck on the street is valid. Two different scenarios entirely.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:54 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Stealing a truck is not a hanging offense, or shooting offense. Unless it was a carjacking (which it wasn't), these brothers were not justified in taking another human life simply because some thief made off with their truck. Call the police while following them, or claim a loss with insurance, but killing someone because they drove off with your POS truck is excessive. When people value a material possession over the life of another human being, it's time to question those values. I also don't feel that making the comparison between breaking into someone's home and stealing a truck on the street is valid. Two different scenarios entirely.
Well, to a point, I might consider validity in your statement. However, someone comes into MY space, trying to steal or rob, my clemency would be, severely, compromised. If I can stop them, I will. Yes, even unto lethal force, depending on my mindset and the circumstances.

Pursuit, now, that would be unlikely. If they do get by my dogs and I, I have a cell. The deputies patrol here in numbers, as do the State Troopers. Can't out run Motorola, and, my truck is , quite, distinctive. Plus, I'm not a hot headed youngster, anymore.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Except it was described as a "show truck" not a "POS truck" AND the thief pointed a gun at the brothers prior to the shooting.

So, given the facts it wasn't as simple as just stealing some junker and running away. Obviously since at least one of them was carrying a pistol and pointed it at someone they were willing to use force to steal and keep it. Unfortunately (for the thieves) the other guys shot first and hit what they shot at. Cost of doing business in my book...

Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,689,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Legally, nobody can shoot you just for "being" on their lawn, absent aggravating circumstances.

But if you want to use another totally stupid example, you could claim that anyone can kill you for any reason, or even no reason.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:07 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Two Brothers Shoot and Kills Thief Stealing their Truck .

Good!! he won't be stealing anything else.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What is your definition of "gun nut".
My guess would be that he'd feel it was anybody owning a gun.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My guess would be that he'd feel it was anybody owning a gun.

Good guess My answer is not needed then

Old 02-23-2015, 12:01 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,328 times
Someone who will rob you will also kill you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events