Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:32 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Fighting with neighbors takes to much energy and time. Its going to take more than a barking dog to get me that riled up. Thing is once conflicts get started they have a life of their own and get out of control quickly. Its just not worth it to me to go there.
If a barking dog doesn't get you that riled up, great. For many of us, it does, and we have this funny thing about not wanting our living experience to be littered with endless noise pollution. For us it's worth the fight--and the fight wouldn't even be necessary anyway if the dog owners would get off their rear-ends and handle their business rather than expecting us to tolerate the endless yapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I would be livid if someone kidnapped my dog and subjected it to surgery. Not only should the kidnapper be arrested if they ever find out who is responsivle, but the vet should never have performed that surgery.

Debarking, declawing, tail docking, ear cutting are all horrible examples of what people should never to do a defenseless animal.
Compared to the prospect of a HUMAN BEING suffering from being exposed to endless yapping, I could give two turds less what harms an animal. Compared to a human, they're NOTHING. I'm all for compassion, but that stops when that sort of thinking means I'm expected to tolerate endless barking that makes it impossible to even really use my own living space. The solution is simple--CONTROL THE BARKING, or get another dog altogether. You don't have the right to pollute my living space with that noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Fighting with neighbors takes to much energy and time. Its going to take more than a barking dog to get me that riled up. Thing is once conflicts get started they have a life of their own and get out of control quickly. Its just not worth it to me to go there.
I don't think anyone should be happy about the woman who may lose her house, other than her neighbor who won't have to put up with the noise anymore, but I have to say I think people are within their right to be annoyed.

Many years ago I had an office in my home that I worked out of quite a bit of the time. As soon as my next door neighbor's dog began barking, the nanny would tie him up outside in the front of the house. I spoke to the nanny, asking her to tie him up in the yard, but she said she wasn't able to hear the tv if she did that. Yeah, great nanny. So I spoke to my neighbor who said she can't control her dog or her nanny while she's at work or out of town, so there wasn't much she could do about it. Yeah, great neighbor.

Like you, I wanted to keep the peace, so I worked with a closed front door, closed windows, and a fan going, on days that it would have been wonderful to have windows wide open. Like you, I was trying to keep the peace. But I look back at that selfish behavior today and wish I hadn't caved. Maybe that's a result of putting up with idiots for so many years (I have a corner lot and could tell you stories).

In these kinds of exchanges, why is one person (and animal) more important than another person? Why should what one person wants trump what another person wants? I'm paying outrageous taxes just like she is. I offered a great solution. Keep the dog outside, but tie it up in the backyard instead of in the front, because my office is in the front of my house. Their refusal was unreasonable.

I think people with well trained pets, or no pets, are getting tired of giving up the life they dreamed of, so some inconsiderate, selfish ***** can enjoy the life that he/she wants.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Quote:
Reading these posts about this make me realize how messed up most people are. Most of these posters are happy this woman is losing her house over such a minor annoyance. This is one of the biggest injustices Ive seen in a while, the lawyer and complaintant in this suit are both thieves, and the law in that state is an accomplice to the theft. There is no way to twist this into being right or ok. I even get why she thought it was a joke, 500k over a barking dog?? It sounds like a joke. Our society is doomed.
Well, you are probably writing from a nice quiet location. Live next to a barking dog or loud neighbors day and night and the happiest day of your life might be when the family next door loses their home and moves.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Quote:
I would be livid if someone kidnapped my dog and subjected it to surgery. Not only should the kidnapper be arrested if they ever find out who is responsivle, but the vet should never have performed that surgery.

Debarking, declawing, tail docking, ear cutting are all horrible examples of what people should never to do a defenseless animal.
I would be livid if someone let their dog bark day and night and subjected my life to noise like that. Not only should the homeowner be arrested if they ever ignore dog responsibilities, they never should have let that dog act that way in a neighborhood.

Barking, defecation without picking up, ear-splitting noises are all horrible examples of what dog-owners should never do to defenseless neighbors.

Last edited by fumbling; 02-14-2015 at 11:42 AM..

Old 02-14-2015, 11:40 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,839 times
Quote:
Reading these posts about this make me realize how messed up most people are. Most of these posters are happy this woman is losing her house over such a minor annoyance. This is one of the biggest injustices Ive seen in a while, the lawyer and complaintant in this suit are both thieves, and the law in that state is an accomplice to the theft. There is no way to twist this into being right or ok. I even get why she thought it was a joke, 500k over a barking dog?? It sounds like a joke. Our society is doomed.
A minor annoyance is a dog barking for 2 or 3 minutes. Heck I wouldn't even call it that. But when you allow your dog to bark nonstop because you are too damn stubborn to train it to not bark? I have no sympathy. I wish I had thought of this type of thing back when I lived next to a guy who allowed his 3 dogs to bark constantly. There was no talking to him to come to an agreement. We tried saying something once, his response was to do more of what annoyed everyone. I wish I would have thought of a lawsuit, would have saved everyone in the neighborhood alot of headache.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:17 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Seattle woman may lose her home over barking dog - AOL.com

What do you all think? I've lived next to dogs that could drive me insane. What would you do if you lived next door to a dog that barked non stop? It's one of my biggest fears in owning a home. I plan to scout out the new home for extended periods during all days of the week and at all hours to see what goes on in the hood.
That is no guarantee that you won't get rude neighbors. Just your luck it'll happen the month after you move in.

The ONLY guarantee is to move into a well run, well funded, well established HOA. Everyone LOVES bashing HOAs but they serve an excellent purpose. LIKE MINDED people who know and understand the bylaws. (with the rare exception of absentee owners, renters or idiots).

Old 02-14-2015, 02:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Nobody wants the drama of fighting with neighbors but we are increasingly living on top of each other with less personal space than normal folks need, and adding lot's of noises and sounds and animals that those around us don't appreciate. Fights are going to keep happening because it's not possible for everyone to up and move to the country.

The bottom line is that there are people who have no manners and don't think about others, they are straight up ignorant and rude. Kicking them out of the heard seems like the best solution and maybe, just maybe, they will learn how to live with others.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:

Agreed. The humane thing is to kidnap the mutt, truss it and gag it, and deliver it to a Korean restaurant in the dead of night.

Then invite the distraught owner for a meal of bulgogi at Kim's.

Subject the folks to a little Titus Andronicus action to help them get over Fifi's disappearance.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:17 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Our town has NOISE ordinance and they kept giving the guy tickets. If a dog constantly barks that means that the owner is NOT taking care of the dog, properly. Dogs are social animals and always need to be interacting either with humans or other dogs. THEY HATE TO BE ALONE. I own dogs and none of them are nuisance barkers because their needs are met, physically and mentally so they are not "nuisance."
The person who is losing her home she kept ignoring court summonses. Just like she was ignoring the dog. Dogs bark to GET attention, so if you take care of what ever they are barking for, they stop.
Taking her house is over the top but, she was over the top with her arrogance and disrespect towards the community. She deserve the screws I hope the dog finds a better owner.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Default ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Agreed. The humane thing is to kidnap the mutt, truss it and gag it, and deliver it to a Korean restaurant in the dead of night.

Then invite the distraught owner for a meal of bulgogi at Kim's.

Subject the folks to a little Titus Andronicus action to help them get over Fifi's disappearance.
You flagellate a lot don't you? You sadist suggestion is not funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events