Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:10 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times

Advertisements

'Shocked and upset' Christian mother told to send daughter, 11, to Sikh school fears she will become 'isolated'* | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
An angry Christian mother fears her daughter will ‘become a religious minority’ after she was allocated a place at a Sikh school.
Kirsty Jarvis said 11-year-old Freya has been looking forward to moving up to secondary school in September.
But they have been left ‘shocked and upset’ by the decision by council admissions officers to give her a place at the Khalsa Secondary Academy, despite it not being named as one of her preferred choices.

The Sikh faith school opened in the village of Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, last September despite protests from residents.
Mrs Jarvis, who lives in the nearby village of Farnham Royal, said most of Freya’s friends have been allocated places at a school in the town of Beaconsfield.
‘We’re a practicing Christian family and while we aren’t wanting her to go to a Christian school, my daughter should not be expected to attend a Sikh school,’ said Mrs Jarvis.

We knew we were ever so slightly out of the catchment for a number of our first choices but we never thought we would be given Khalsa.‘In this day and age I could not imagine ever sending my child to a school where she would become a minority.
'Although it’s open to all, each day they take students off for morning prayers and my daughter would not be doing that, and she would, therefore, be taken out and isolated. I’m not sure she would be able to cope with that.’
Wow...Imagine if a Muslim was forced to go to a Christian school, there'd be outrage and whatever the U.K equivalent of the NAACP is would be up in arms.

This is so wrong I have no words, I feel horrible for the little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 03:33 PM

387 posts, read 589,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
'Shocked and upset' Christian mother told to send daughter, 11, to Sikh school fears she will become 'isolated'* | Daily Mail Online

Wow...Imagine if a Muslim was forced to go to a Christian school, there'd be outrage and whatever the U.K equivalent of the NAACP is would be up in arms.

first of all, a muslim wasn't forced to go to a christian school, so why make that comparison? what is your agenda with a statement like that? why didnt you make a comment like this:

"Wow...Imagine if a Jew was forced to go to a Christian school, there'd be outrage and whatever the U.K equivalent of the NAACP is would be up in arms."

it would bring equal or more outrage and make headlines too.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post

This is the reason we have separation of church and state in the United States. Despite the fact that some people repeatedly keep trying to break down that barrier.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:47 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
first of all, a muslim wasn't forced to go to a christian school, so why make that comparison? what is your agenda with a statement like that? why didnt you make a comment like this:

"Wow...Imagine if a Jew was forced to go to a Christian school, there'd be outrage and whatever the U.K equivalent of the NAACP is would be up in arms."

What difference does it make? Rather you're Christian, Muslim, Jewish or Sikh they're all different religions and one forcing to go to a school of another is not right.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:52 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,976 times
There should be no religious schools.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:06 PM

387 posts, read 589,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post

not on the taxpayer's dime.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:08 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
There's nothing wrong with religious private schools.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:13 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:

Instead of trying to distract why don’t you address the issue. I am sure some Muslim will come around and speak for himself. They don’t need you.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:27 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:

And you know damn well that if it happened to a Muslim that all hell would break loose, and the liberals and Muslims would want to crucify the Christians

Old 03-14-2015, 11:24 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And you know damn well that if it happened to a Muslim that all hell would break loose, and the liberals and Muslims would want to crucify the Christians
Muslims would crucify Christians for getting sent to a Sikh school?

This is getting confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events