Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:59 AM

66 posts, read 73,493 times

Advertisements

I think everybody remember the situation with "florist who refused to provide flowers for gay wedding rejects offer to settle discrimination case" (I wrote about that https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...l#post38589145)
And now, the scandal begins...
1st shoe drops for Washington florist under fire for faith
The first shoe dropped Friday for Washington state florist Barronelle Stutzman, who has been convicted by the state in a case brought by the ACLU of discrimination for operating her business according to her Christian faith.
Now, she should pay big money, really big money for crime she didn't commit, what do you think guys?
Why our judicial system agree with this lawlessness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 AM

5,254 posts, read 3,620,844 times
No scandal & your facts are wrong, she did break the law.... end of story. If she wants to run a private club just for her approved clients she should start one, otherwise she is guilty of discrimination.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:32 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,362,255 times
It all boils down to one simple point: It's the LGBT militants who are always looking to pick the fight, then run fawning and whining to Big Brother in order to get their way.

In a society run by those "principles"??, no one's property, liberty, or life itself is safe -- if they offend the Powers that Be, who have determined their behavior to be Politically Incorrect.

What part of this can't anyone understand?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:40 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,508,101 times
why do people who start a business that deals with "general" public care about $hit like this? Anyone who shows up get business. I guess I just do not understand religious fanatic like this one and the one where handling pork was a problem because religion says don't touch it

Old 03-28-2015, 10:42 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,488,396 times
Welcome to the new America where you either tow the homosexual line or you go to jail.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:36 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,672,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
I think everybody remember the situation with "florist who refused to provide flowers for gay wedding rejects offer to settle discrimination case" (I wrote about that https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...l#post38589145)
And now, the scandal begins...
1st shoe drops for Washington florist under fire for faith
The first shoe dropped Friday for Washington state florist Barronelle Stutzman, who has been convicted by the state in a case brought by the ACLU of discrimination for operating her business according to her Christian faith.
Now, she should pay big money, really big money for crime she didn't commit, what do you think guys?
Why our judicial system agree with this lawlessness?
Sorry I too believe religion cannot be used as an excuse to discriminate. What if she refused to supply flowers for a Jewish wedding next, would that be okay, too?

I work in a Catholic Diocese owned and run nursing home, and before this I worked in a United Methodist Home. Both places welcome Jews, Jehovah's Witness, Muslims, Aethiests, unmarried mothers, and yes, even gay people. Religious belief has nothing to do with basic human decency and following the laws of your country and state.

Would you be okay, OP,with an ER doctor refusing to save the life of a Jew or gay man because of his religious beliefs? If not, why should it not be okay for one profession but not another? Can you see the slippery slope that would be created it we start going down this road?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,152,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
why do people who start a business that deals with "general" public care about $hit like this? Anyone who shows up get business. I guess I just do not understand religious fanatic like this one and the one where handling pork was a problem because religion says don't touch it

Gay marriage being legal is new??? Gay marriage was totally illegal 40 years ago when she started her business - and, for most of the time her business existed.

Her business should be grandfathered in, as it were. There are hundreds of florists in the area, and the sueing couple recieved their floral arrangements for free (if I understood the video correctly), so I dont see how a reasonable court could honor their law-suit. Where are their damages??

How much more selfish, hateful and stupid can people be??

Should we reward this gay couple in their effort to make an old lady homeless?? I hope the taxpayers of Washington state dont mind supporting her for the rest of her life, as well as all the others that think like her. She doesnt hate gay people - but draws the line at marriage.

I guess there are a lot of young folks that dont know, or dont remember the violence that went along with bringing their lifestyle out of the closet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMvd4qa4ZM#t=15

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-28-2015 at 11:57 AM..

Old 03-28-2015, 11:52 AM

5,798 posts, read 5,122,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Religious fanatics should not open businesses that are "open to the public." If she doesn't want to serve gays, then open a private catering service for her co-believers. You open a public business, you follow the law of the land. How difficult is this to understand? She will pay dearly for her stupidity.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:55 AM

5,798 posts, read 5,122,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Gay marriage being legal is new??? Gay marriage was totally illegal 40 years ago when she started her business - and, for most of the time her business existed.

Her business should be grandfathered in, as it were. There are hundreds of florists in the area, and the sueing couple recieved their floral arrangements for free (if I understood the video correctly), so I dont see how a reasonable court could honor their law-suit. Where are their damages??

How much more selfish, hateful and stupid can people be??
The suing couple is doing this to make a point. I suppose this dinosaur of a business is coming to an end if it lasted this long. Too bad she could not go with the times. The classic definition of extinction right here.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,467,871 times
LOL. There's no 'grandfathering' exemptions of civil rights laws. Whitey's Dixie Wizard Diner doesn't get to keep a "coloreds only" bathroom because it's been open since the 1950s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events