Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 06:22 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I'm not sure if child support is a felony warrant there... warrant in and of itself even if a felony..does not fall into supremes decision about use of deadly force ... and fleeing felons
I would be happy if there were justifiable circumstances so I don't have to read every sicko along with regular citizens how we murder people routinely... but.. in this case.. given all available evidence and benefit of doubt nothing has come forth supporting such use of force.
Its time and trial... nothing will bring back Scott... city should prepare for millions in civil liability
Here, here. As someone who lives here, we sure as hell would prefer to not have this happen, to not have this cop be crooked. We now have to deal with all the crackpots who say things about the South, South Carolina, Charleston, etc and malign us all down here because of this bad cop's actions. Yet, overwhelmingly, the residents here believe the cop was wrong because we've seen it all unfold from the beginning - the cop's statements, the press conferences, the reports, the video - all of it.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Your pd, southbel,has helped your image. Didn't sweep it under the rug, dealt with this guy like any other murderer. Now the prosecution and jury must do the same. Do that, and long-term, this could turn into a good thing for your town.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Your pd, southbel,has helped your image. Didn't sweep it under the rug, dealt with this guy like any other murderer. Now the prosecution and jury must do the same. Do that, and long-term, this could turn into a good thing for your town.
We'll see. Problem is with high profile cases, you can always end up with one idiot on the jury. This will be a high profile case and looking at past high profile cases (OJ, Casey Anthony, etc), this does concern me. I think the best move would be for Scarlet Wilson to stack the charges enough so it would 'encourage' this cop to plead to at least 30 years to life. Although, she has a pretty good reputation for winning and even more so against Andy Savage. She's very, very tough.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM

My hunch is they are most likely revisiting his jacket, and surely, most possibilities there are within the Statute of Limitations. Piling on past history would surely lead him to accept life w/o parole. Like the Boston Bomber, going to trial will make it harder for Wilson to accept that soft a penalty.

I also expect members of the pd to testify against him.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
My hunch is they are most likely revisiting his jacket, and surely, most possibilities there are within the Statute of Limitations. Piling on past history would surely lead him to accept life w/o parole. Like the Boston Bomber, going to trial will make it harder for Wilson to accept that soft a penalty.

I also expect members of the pd to testify against him.
Oh, SLED has already announced they're reinvestigating his past cases. And yes, the other members of the NCPD are likely to testify against him. Would be interesting if his statements immediately after the shooting to fellow officers are consistent with his official filed report.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:11 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheFlatulent View Post
Does anyone have a link for Officer Slagers defense fund? It looks like Indigogo took it down for a reason they are refusing to give, and I want to donate to help ensure he can afford good attorneys.

The poor guy is about to have a kid, too. (With his wife, not a girlfriend or "baby momma" and he will probably actually be a parent and support the kid, not abandon the child like Scott abandoned his 4 kids).

It's so sad that 4 kids have no father, Officer Slager is being railroaded to appease a racist mob and angry Justice Dep, the Officer might be in prison while his own wife and child need him the most, and ALL because a drug-addicted reckless deadbeat dad and 50 yr old felon decided to act like a selfish mentally retarded teenager and run from (and possibly assaulting) a cop just so he wouldn't have to face the consequences of his own behavior, decisions, actions, and inactions.

What a tragic situation. God Bless the cops who choose to open themselves up to terrible events like this all to maintain peace and civility in our society. It's a shame we don't have enough Officer Wilsons and Officer Slagers in every city and town. Lord knows Chicago could really use them.
Sorry my friend... as a lifetime police officer I'm not going to touch this...this time this ex officer stands solely on his actions that day... currently I find zero support by my bretheren for those actions

Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,725,977 times
Reading this long, boring thread encapsulates the utter failure of the American Education System. The lack by many of even the smallest level of critical thinking is deeply disturbing. We have a very very clear line between the educational haves and have nots. Stunning really.

Take Bloom's Taxonomy, for instance. So many posters are stuck in the lowest level of simply recall. Those are the folks that "saw" or heard something, and the best they can do is repeat and repeat and repeat. All they can do with a fact is simply recall.

A dismayingly small number of those posting show some ability to adequately analyze the knowledge, look beyond the simply visual, and try to understand the facts in context. Still fewer appear to possess the ability to synthesize, to understand the events by placing them in place among all the events, not just those they choose to recall. Fewer still appear able to evaluate the entire situation in a rational, unemotional manner

Let's be clear. None of these frightening educational deficiencies affect the "fact" a man was shot numerous times in the back.

The significant lack of education by so many participants, however, rears its ugly head by their inability to understand events leading up to or stemming from the shooting. Lack of understanding makes it impossible to go forward with more knowledge than we had when we got here. Lack of education traps the ignorant with simply repeating what they saw...all they can do is recall what they saw or what they have been told. Just the same old stuff.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it!

Old 04-12-2015, 07:22 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheFlatulent View Post
Does anyone have a link for Officer Slagers defense fund? It looks like Indigogo took it down for a reason they are refusing to give, and I want to donate to help ensure he can afford good attorneys.

The poor guy is about to have a kid, too. (With his wife, not a girlfriend or "baby momma" and he will probably actually be a parent and support the kid, not abandon the child like Scott abandoned his 4 kids).

It's so sad that 4 kids have no father, Officer Slager is being railroaded to appease a racist mob and angry Justice Dep, the Officer might be in prison while his own wife and child need him the most, and ALL because a drug-addicted reckless deadbeat dad and 50 yr old felon decided to act like a selfish mentally retarded teenager and run from (and possibly assaulting) a cop just so he wouldn't have to face the consequences of his own behavior, decisions, actions, and inactions.

What a tragic situation. God Bless the cops who choose to open themselves up to terrible events like this all to maintain peace and civility in our society. It's a shame we don't have enough Officer Wilsons and Officer Slagers in every city and town. Lord knows Chicago could really use them.
Here's the link, I think they accept debit too.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...c/FACEPALM.png

Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Flatulent"The poor guy is about to have a kid, too. (With his wife, not a girlfriend or "baby momma" and he will probably actually be a parent and support the kid, not abandon the child like Scott abandoned his 4 kids). "

Lots of kids do fine without a felon dad in their lives. Support a kid (LOL); prison pay will be dimes per hour. His kid will earn more at age 8, with a paper route.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 PM

notmeofficer,

Kudos, I hope you are a microcosm of your force, and not an anomaly. I also applaud how the North Charlestown force has handled this murder case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events