Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,390,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, watch out for those unopened bottles of water filled with poison being handed out in broad daylight in front of people with cameras.
While the possibility of such a thing seems remote in this case, I'd bet dollars to dimes that the commanding officers of those troops have specifically ordered them not to accept anything from a civilian. It's just standard operating procedure in our media-obsessed and security-obsessed society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 05:08 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,640,053 times
Quote:
Yeah, watch out for those unopened bottles of water filled with poison being handed out in broad daylight in front of people with cameras.

There is no way to tell from that picture whether the water bottle is "unopened" (I assume you mean sealed). Do you not see all of the people rioting in front of cameras in broad daylight. Clearly, the thugs are not deterred by either. And why should they be? The mayor herself told police to give thugs room to destroy her city.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:18 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,440,117 times
Quote:
Did you ever think that the child's life was not in imminent danger, that the gesture was a sign of respect to the police officers, that the police were stationed there in case anything broke out, or that the police could be helping protect the individuals cleaning up after the riots? Or did you even think, period and just react with negativity?

It's broad daylight with cell phones and camera crews out all over the place, and people think some 7 year old is out to poison police officers with unopened bottles of water.

Leave it to the armchair cynics of C-D to try to find wrong in everything.
Because people never use children to commit crimes for them, do they? And I don't care what time of day it is or how many camera or police are present. No child should be out there. And if his parents allow it, it only makes me wonder.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM

12,445 posts, read 8,244,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
I've seen so many people have the issue with the term "thugs" when it comes to those who have been protes..... a-hem... I mean rioting out there. I dunno... maybe because it comes with a certain stereotype on what that term is. So... how about we just call them terrorists? Sounds about right.... because terrorizing their city and the general public is exactly what they're doing... and they seem to be so proud of it...
On the first day in 1992 Los Angeles reporters called those men pulling Asians and Latinos from their cars to beat them "gentlemen".

Old 04-28-2015, 05:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,098,533 times
Quote:
Did you ever think that the child's life was not in imminent danger, that the gesture was a sign of respect to the police officers, that the police were stationed there in case anything broke out, or that the police could be helping protect the individuals cleaning up after the riots? Or did you even think, period and just react with negativity?

It's broad daylight with cell phones and camera crews out all over the place, and people think some 7 year old is out to poison police officers with unopened bottles of water.

Leave it to the armchair cynics of C-D to try to find wrong in everything.
That kid reminded me of the young man in Ferguson standing in front of the police and crying. Out of the mouth of babes as it were...

Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 PM

613 posts, read 466,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Because people never use children to commit crimes for them, do they? And I don't care what time of day it is or how many camera or police are present. No child should be out there. And if his parents allow it, it only makes me wonder.
While I agree that children shouldn't be around such a chaotic environment, how cynical do you have to be to question if the child is giving the cop cotaminated water????

Old 04-28-2015, 05:43 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,440,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
While I agree that children shouldn't be around such a chaotic environment, how cynical do you have to be to question if the child is giving the cop cotaminated water????
I never said it was contaminated. I said I wouldn't drink it, and I wouldn't.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 PM

539 posts, read 525,693 times
Quote:
Exactly. Some people are trying to make this worse before making it better.

Another very important thing people forget is that it is the sweeps period for the TV. This is where advertisers judge your ratings for the upcoming season. All of these stations are benefiting big time off of playing up racial problems and other things that bring in big ratings.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:05 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,194,953 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
Exactly. Some people are trying to make this worse before making it better.

Another very important thing people forget is that it is the sweeps period for the TV. This is where advertisers judge your ratings for the upcoming season. All of these stations are benefiting big time off of playing up racial problems and other things that bring in big ratings.
Some people are so cynical, jaded and miserable that they just can't help but to find the bad in everything.

Silly me to try to interject with something somewhat positive and encouraging without the Pessimistic Pity Party Poopers poo-pooing the picture.

Carry on.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,508,418 times
Considering the situation, no cop in his right mind would drink that water. That's no reflection on the child handing it out. His motives are probably 100% peaceful, but nobody knows for sure from whom the child received that water. It would be stupid for the cops to consume it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events