Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 03:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

There shouldn't be a single Muslim neighborhood in the US that isn't supportive of free speech. Apparently the Garland, Texas Muslim community gets it, and that's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 03:15 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,105 times
I would rep this if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That's right - they were too busy drinking Shiner Bock and floating the river, enjoying all the personal freedoms that are so often disallowed in predominately Muslim countries.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:17 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry but it seems more like they are intentionally trying to disrespect Muslims instead of trying to exercise our freedom of expression....

As humans yes we can express ourselves how we want but don't act surprised when someone over reacts to one of your expressions.
We weren't surprised -- we were ready for them. I'd say they were surprised.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:25 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry but it seems more like they are intentionally trying to disrespect Muslims instead of trying to exercise our freedom of expression....
Don't you get it? Freedom of expression does NOT have an exclusionary clause for "disrespect". What the hell is going wrong with this country that more and more people don't understand that? Let me say it one more time ... you do NOT have the right to go through life without being offended! Not in America. Thank goodness for that. You want to live in a place where any thin-skinned wienie can claim you said something that offended them and get it labeled and legislated as "hate speech"? That's the Orwellian side of modern American liberalism that is so insidiously dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBl3
As humans yes we can express ourselves how we want but don't act surprised when someone over reacts to one of your expressions.
The Pope expressed that sentiment recently and his example of a natural human reaction was a punch on the nose. Fine. You on the other hand ... Are you seriously calling an assault upon a private room full of cartoonists by men with automatic weapons an unsurprising over reaction? Is this sort of banal equation what you would use to justify suppression of free expression?

Big brother doesn't want you to draw that picture. If you do then somebody might gun you down. Look we're only trying to protect you.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:26 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

What does this nonsense have to do with the topic at hand?????????

Old 05-04-2015, 03:36 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,736 times
I'm not saying we should sensor free speech. I'm saying if you do something to antagonize someone you could get killed.

Every freedom fighter that wanted to stick it to muslims has either had an attempt on their life or has gone into hiding.

Its fine to stir the hornets nest. But if someone has an attempt on their life or has to go into hiding or keeps doing whatever they are doing after they have been sternly warned violence would ensue, that's their problem.

Charlie Hedbo thhough they were just too cool for school. Cartoons of the pope raping children. Cartoons of jesus in a bukkake with Japanese business men, shiva clapping as women were raped. really untasteful stuff. Charlie staff underestimated the resolve of muslims.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What does this nonsense have to do with the topic at hand?????????
Nothing. Zilch. Nada. AndyAMG is the classic example of delusional projection. Whatever he and his ilk believe, they project onto others.

For supporting our defense against a terrorist massacre he labels us "militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians." when in actual fact it's Christians and Jews who are the ones being murdered in the name of religion by militant racist anti-everyone Muslims.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:42 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,735 times
Quote:
I'm not saying we should sensor free speech. I'm saying if you do something to antagonize someone you could get killed.

Every freedom fighter that wanted to stick it to muslims has either had an attempt on their life or has gone into hiding.

Its fine to stir the hornets nest. But if someone has an attempt on their life or has to go into hiding or keeps doing whatever they are doing after they have been sternly warned violence would ensue, that's their problem.

Charlie Hedbo thhough they were just too cool for school. Cartoons of the pope raping children. Cartoons of jesus in a bukkake with Japanese business men, shiva clapping as women were raped. really untasteful stuff. Charlie staff underestimated the resolve of muslims.

You're right -- if other people are willing to stick their necks out for what they believe in, they must be prepared to accept the consequences. That clearly holds true for both sides here.

I suggest to you that it is the Muslims that are underestimating Americans' resolve to protect their way of life (well, at least some of us have resolve).

Old 05-04-2015, 03:43 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
We weren't surprised -- we were ready for them. I'd say they were surprised.
I bet they were! Two guys with AKs and body armor get taken out by 1 deputy with a pistol and two bullets. Guess they didn't watch enough Cowboy or cop movies to realize they didn't have a chance.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
You realize what you are saying here? Only Muslims are so wired up about their "religion" they must go out and shoot & kill innocents if someone makes satire about their religion. It speaks volumes.

I remember telling someone when Charlie Hedbo happened that if that had taken place in the USA South, those Thugs (and that is all they were) wouldn't have been dead before they left the building, and most likely even before they got off a shot on anyone. (unless they hid like cowards). Texas has proved this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events