Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 08:03 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Haha...you have a tough audience here, Andy!

What could be criticized in the above? It's pure logic or common sense.
Leave the hornet's nest alone!
Stop antagonizing these fanatical, potential
killers and haters...or not....but, this is what they DO...and so predictably!

Why not have a drawing contest drawing the Virgin Mary or Abe Lincoln? No,
let's pick the leader that this group kills for!

Then, lets criticize each fellow American that says, 'Well, that wasn't so bright."

Lots of enabling and victim-blaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Woodrow,

My friend. You are not posting on the Islam forum.

This is Texas.

You cannot get away with saying

" If a non-Muslim were to die in an Islamic Nation and had no family
the body would be treated with respect and dignity."

We all have heard of what happens to reporters in an Islamic Nation.
I have read what Muslims did in Nigeria and why no men or boys were rescued this week from slavery to Muslims. The girls reported the stench of the mass graves distracted them from being gang raped by Muslims.

There are too many stories in all parts of the world.

People like me report to the world that Islamic leaders at the highest levels call for a fatwa wherein a good Muslim is now supposed to do everything from:

Stop building snowmen
Don't go to Mars
Stop wearing tight jeans
Not pluck eyebrows
Shave their rear ends
Destroy all churches
Destroy ancient cities
Tear down the Great Pyramids

and

Kill every non-Muslim American, Brit, Frenchman, and "tricky" Italian.

Any Muslim that still holds their head high in 2015 is....

Now about the Italians why are they off the hook if magically challenged?

I call it as I see it. You will find Muslims come in a very wide assortmant of flavors. The only thing all Muslims have in common is we all believe there is only one God and Muhaamad(saws) is his messenger. We also do our best to follow the 5 Pillars of Faith"
1. Publically state belief in Allaah(swt) and his Prophets acknowledging Muhammad (saws) as being the last Prophet
2. Establish and do daily prayers
3. Give to Charity
4. Fast during the month of Ramadan if physically able
5. Perfom Hajj at least once in our lifetime if financially and physically able

The Mosque I attend has only 2 people and I am the Imam. this is not much different from most Mosques in the USA typically they are a room in your house and the members are the immediate family or neighbors.

We have no leaders that represent all Muslims. Most Mosques are self owned often by the Imam or his family. Few if any Mosques get any funding outside the local community. We do not tithe, many if not most Imams are not paid. We get no directives from Saudi or anyplace else. A Fatwas by any Muft is an opinion and not a command.

I follow no spiritual leader and my sources for Islam are the Qur'an, the A hadith as found in the Kutub al-Sittah, the Fiqh ul-Sunnah, the Madhab Hanafi and the Tasfir of Scholars I have come to learn were competent and truthful. But it is always my obligation to question all things and believe nothing I myself have not found reason to believe.

World wide you will find that very many Muslims use the same source for learning how to perform Islam. except they may differ as to which Madhab they choose to use as their source. All 4 madhabs are considered equal, I find the Hanafi works best for those of us living in the USA as it
for any advanced studies in Islam requires going to college and take any acceptd courses in the field of Islamic studies such as Qur'anic studies, Jurisprudence, or Ahadith. Here in the USA the best school is the University of Texas in Austin.

https://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/me...s/overview.php

world wide the best school used to be in Cairo Egypt, followed by the one in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, China also has a very good school and is turning out excellent frmale Imams.

Female Imams Blaze Trail Amid China's Muslims : NPR

China also has the world's 5th largest population of Muslims.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Garland has one of the largest if not larges tMuslim populations in Texas.
I don't think this is true. I live right on the border of Garland and am there at least every other day. I work in various large institutions in Garland, shop there regularly. There is definitely an Asian population - Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino - I see then regularly. I do NOT often see hajibs, burkas, etc. I do not think there is even one mosque in Garland. I've never seen one. Maybe in Richardson.

Garland is mostly Mexicans. They don't get involved with any middle east nonsense - pro or con. The whole motley entourage there is from out of town. Garland is not a hotbed of anything except low key Mexican families working hard and living quietly. Many want to be off the radar and don't report themselves as hispanic to the census.

My opin on the whole stupid drama is the people who put it on are low-lives just trying to be provocative. Sorta a new KKK - sure we have the right to free speech - but Muslims consider depicting the prophet insulting to God - so as a pp said, they are just idiots beating the hornets nest. Sure you have the right to be an a**hole in public, but don't be surprised if there are consequences. All they prove with this useless drama is rude American idiots might attract the ire of crazed muslim fanatics. A**hole vs a**hole. Stupid people being stupid. Yawn. Get a life.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:20 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The vast majority of us are peaceful and do live in peace with our non-Muslim neighbors.
But apparently, not peaceful enough to speak out against violent, radicalized Muslims - nor to prevent them from spreading their hatred throughout the non-radicalized followers of Islam.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
They should give that guy a medal for sending those two to Allah-land.

Apparently, the Muslims thought they were dealing with NY wussies instead of Texans who know how to get the job done.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Wanna be terrorist who didn't know what the heck they were doing. Both heavily armed and both taken out by a single cop, wow. These guys obviously didn't know what they were doing, drove a 1000 miles just to be taken down and out so easy. Kudos to that officer and hopefully any future would be terrorist would think twice. Don't mess with Texas by the way.

I'd like to think that this could have had the same end result in any state that had a well-trained and alert police officer out front. Had he slipped past the officer and got inside, I'd like to think that a citizen with a concealed weapon would have stopped them before it got worse. I'm glad that Texas allows qualified citizens to carry.

Texans are some of America's most vigilant and tough self-sufficient people. The outcome will be poor for most who try to attack that way of life.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:58 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'd like to think that a citizen with a concealed weapon would have stopped them before it got worse. I'm glad that Texas allows qualified citizens to carry.
Guns are prohibited in places of worship.

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Texans are some of America's most vigilant and tough self-sufficient people. The outcome will be poor for most who try to attack that way of life.
Don't believe the hype.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:12 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,441,479 times
Woodrow, I have read your word in numerous posts, your strong defense of Islam, and, sorry, but I must finally call you out, not as a personal attack, but to challenge your statements.

Woodrow, your comment about the burial and mistreatment of bodies of enemies is so off reality it hurts. Did you see the pictures of hundreds of Christians burned in churches by Muslims and left to smolder? Christians beheaded and left to rot? Christians crucified and left to hang and rot in the sun? Where were the Muslims caring for the bodies of their enemies? Enemies? These were shop keepers, workers, just people going about their lives killed for their unbelief.

You have repeatedly said Islam is a religion of peace.

Did you see the innocent children killed by Muslims in Nigeria, Syria who were Christian? Did you see the influential Imans calling for the death of all Christians, all Jews? Did you hear Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakand calling for his followers to rise up and kill all whites and Jews?

You may individually believe What you post. But until Islam rises up and marches in the streets calling for peace instead of calling for "death to (insert group here)" your assertions have no merit. Sorry, just the truth.

And in this instance, you had a meeting showing that people can have free speech, even that which may be inflammatory. Christians did not burn down the gallery where the crucifix in a jar of urine was exhibited. Did they protest? Yes, peacefully. Had these two brought signs to the meeting instead of guns, not an issue. When Muslims had their meeting in Garland, protestors were there with signs, protesting peacefully. They did not attempt to shoot the participants.

Yes, there are peaceful Muslims. But they are NOT being heard. And the only, I repeat ONLY reason I can think is that they tacitly endorse what is being said, merging mainstream Islam with Radical Islam in unity with each other.

If I have offended you, sorry, but in your posts you have ignored what is going on in the world in your defense of Islam. If you truly believe that what you espouse is true, then you really need to remove the blinders and look at what is happening. To understand a religion, one must look at a religion fully, warts and all. As an example, I was raised Baptist. I am a Christian, but no longer Baptist. I just don't go along with its canon and practices. You need to get out of your 'silo' and look at the religion and see how it is being practiced, and that includes all of what Islam teaches.

However, the Holy Book teaches that it is acceptable to lie to the infidel. I truly hope this is not where you are coming from.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK, what religion are you?
Non-religious ethnic Jew. Scientist, Texan, libertarian gun owner. Pretty much fundamentalist Islam's worst nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk
Would you like it if I mocked your prophet and God?
Step up and give it your best shot but know that nobody tells Jew jokes better than Jews. Given that and the fact that Muslims have zero sense of humor then I'm betting you bomb so don't expect more than a shrug and a yawn much less some mindless animal attack on your life. We're thick skinned and secure about who we are. It comes from 3,000 yrs of eating $h*t at the hands of ignorant savages and in that time we've pretty well figured out that differentiating yourself from the animals means not acting like the animals. Rationality is our strong suit not yours. We might not be setting any records in the high jump but shall we tally up Jewish Nobel prize winners vs Muslim? Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk
If you get offended by it, why are you condoning what the Jihadists did because you are going the same thing they did.
You want soooo badly to believe the rest of the world is as low as the Muslim fundamentalists. We aren't. You are in fact the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 05-04-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 09:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
I don't think this is true. I live right on the border of Garland and am there at least every other day. I work in various large institutions in Garland, shop there regularly. There is definitely an Asian population - Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino - I see then regularly. I do NOT often see hajibs, burkas, etc. I do not think there is even one mosque in Garland. I've never seen one. Maybe in Richardson.

Garland is mostly Mexicans. They don't get involved with any middle east nonsense - pro or con. The whole motley entourage there is from out of town. Garland is not a hotbed of anything except low key Mexican families working hard and living quietly. Many want to be off the radar and don't report themselves as hispanic to the census.

My opin on the whole stupid drama is the people who put it on are low-lives just trying to be provocative. Sorta a new KKK - sure we have the right to free speech - but Muslims consider depicting the prophet insulting to God - so as a pp said, they are just idiots beating the hornets nest. Sure you have the right to be an a**hole in public, but don't be surprised if there are consequences. All they prove with this useless drama is rude American idiots might attract the ire of crazed muslim fanatics. A**hole vs a**hole. Stupid people being stupid. Yawn. Get a life.
I lived in Texas for nearly 30 years. I have 2 daughters and 11 grandchildren living in Garland. I have to accept the possibility that the reason I see so many Muslims in Garland is because Muslims are the only people I know in Garland. I just looked at a map and the 8 Mosques that serve the Muslims in Garland are located mostly in Plano with 1 or 2 in Richardson and Mesquite.

There is a strange phenomena taking place in Texas, Hispanics are reverting to Islam. I net a few Hispanic Muslims in Plano, my youngest grand daughter almost married one.

You really can not tell how many Muslims are in an Area by the Number of Mosques. Here in ND there are between 4,000 and 8,000 Muslims, but only 5 Mosques, the largest one can only hold about 100 people the smallest one only holds 8 the other 3 hold from 10-25 Very few Muslims pray in a formal recognizable Mosque. the Majority of us do so in either our own homes or a neighbors, with the Imam being the oldest person present.

In the US many Muslim women do not wear a hijab. The ones that do are nearly always recent converts or very new immigrants. While I know a number of Muslims in Garland not one of them is from the Mideast, the majority are oriental. My oldest daughter's Husband was Vietnamese. Many filipinos I know are Muslim. About 70% of the world's Muslims are Asians. Arabs are actually a very small minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events