Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM

573 posts, read 585,957 times

Advertisements

You people have no idea how horrible it is to have to live in this area surrounded by these morons. I am thankfully able to move soon, but this whole "delta" region is just garbage. 80% of the people are basically mirrors of that woman. The attitudes, the lifestyle, the whole way of thinking is just straight cancerous. Almost every restaurant, fast food and the rest, have the worst service you can imagine. You say thank you to the workers, they just grunt and go back to playing on their phones and listening to hardcore rap in public areas. Subway had to fire her because this blew up, but if you live down here long enough, there is plenty of others who share her sentiment. They wouldn't HAVE any workers left if they put truth serum in all the workers down here. Three companies recently had to shut down their operations near here b/c of lack of skilled and qualified workers. College educations are rare, and many towns are "welfare" towns with mouth breathers who live off the gov't and do nothing but "stoop" all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Rather then make a stupid comment like that, why don't you try to take issue with what I said? I don't think you can, because you know damn well that everything I said in that post was the truth.
I dont tend to argue with crack fiends, or biengs living in an an alternate dimension....or liberals.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:35 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
That's funny, that's just what the police say on their forums about people. Both sides do it, and it's childish. One day you will grow up and put your big girl panties on, and so will they. The girls was out of line, but it's no different on the other side, cops are human to. It's becoming a mini war.

Police forums are just as nasty as this girls facebook page. They both do it. Hopefully just the scums of the civilian population and the police force are the ones participating in ranting and bashing each other. I can't lump everyone in this activity, but some are acting childish for sure, on both sides. I get they are all mad, but it's time to kiss and make up now.

Cops React to the Death of Eric Garner -- NYMag

THEE RANT Forum
Yeah, and I'm sure you're all choked up about the cops who were killed. Go stand on a Baltimore street corner and talk about kissing and making up. See how that works out for you keyboard warrior.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why would she go on welfare as the next possible step to losing her job? How about she get another job? I'm sure there is another company out there that would be willing to give her another chance.

Actions have consequences. She didn't just say something stupid, she said something vile. The company has every right to NOT want that sort of thinking associated with their brand.

Would all of you defending her have the same opinion if she'd celebrated the death of a gay person?
I'm not defending her, and I've already said Subway had every right to fire her. I just disagreed with other posters who feel like she should be disqualified from welfare or any benefits from the state because of her comments. That doesn't mean I think welfare is the next step, just that if she does end up needing welfare she shouldn't be disqualified for tweeting something. I object strongly to punishing her like that over words, not actions.

Considering how much attention her tweets have received, she may end up needing welfare to live for awhile at least. This kind of stuff will cause employers to think twice before hiring her.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:04 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
She needs to repent. Welfare should not be allowed for those whose actions (typing is an action) caused their demise. (Public apology, volunteer at a social service agency for a year or two, etc).

Now when she works say 10 more years, if after that she loses a job w/o her actions causing it, I'd have no issue with her getting assistance at that time.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Paka":Katygirl, why not let HER move in with YOU and YOU can keep her off the streets since you are so concerned about HER rights??!?!?!? "

Great idea. Surely Byron will take her in 1/2 the time, too.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,807 times
THINK before you post!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:04 PM

468 posts, read 583,117 times
Default On your free time you owe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Byron1022, So I assume you list no employers on your resume, nor on LinkedIn, Facebook, or any other site, cause when you are not at work, you'd be a hypocrite if you did. You want total separation when not at work..take those steps, and never ever state to anyone where you work.
nothing to your employer.

For all you advising that I should look at, 1st Amend. I guess none of you did.

Free speech includes the right to "expression," which is what she is doing as crass as it may be.

I don't care what social media I am on, if I exercise my freedom of speech on my time and my employer fires me for it, he/she/it better be able to prove in court my actions HAS BEEN detrimental to my work performance.

There are many excellent performers at companies, but HATE the company and their bosses, so they should be fired why??? because the boss finds out their true thoughts??? Well, that would be stupid if the person is an asset to the company.
There are millions of reverse racist INCLUDING COPS. If it does not affect their overall performance should they be fired?

When I am not at work I would be a hypocrite? your assumptions shows your control freak arrogance.

By the grace of God I don't have to be a hypocrite because I LIKE my job very much. I happen to be good at it too, so if that reverse racist Black person does not like it when I tell them to stop with the victimhood, the boss says nothing to me because they value my work and $$$ trumps touchy feely victimhood whiners. You bet, on my own time, nobody has anything to say about my comings or goings.

BobNJ1960 Your moniker says it all Throw back Liberal Hippy, kow towing to get ahead with PC correctness. That is definitely not my "trip."

Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 PM

468 posts, read 583,117 times
Default Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Paka":Katygirl, why not let HER move in with YOU and YOU can keep her off the streets since you are so concerned about HER rights??!?!?!? "

Great idea. Surely Byron will take her in 1/2 the time, too.
You are assuming. Whose concerned about "her rights?" Again you are assuming. Typical Liberals assuming without basis.

Whether you like it or not, in this country you have the right to "express" your self without sanctions as long as that expression is not PHYSICALLY harming another. If she did this on her own time, not on company time, then she has a good lawsuit.

Obviously you did not catch on, so let me spell it out: I AM concerned that the Bill of Rights of 1st Amendment be protected.

This is not north Korea where there is a thought police and you have to stifle your expression for fear of sanction, ALTHOUGHT the PC crowd in America is trying very hard to stifle and shut up people if they don't like the persons mind set. Fortunately we are not in North Korea and as such whether you like it or not she has the right to be a moron on her own time.

AND if she was on company time and she did it on her break and fired her....she still would have a lawsuit IF THEY CANNOT PROVE THAT HER ATTITUDE HAS cause a detriment to her performance.
If she has fifty million employee of the month certificate and expressed her hate for cops and you fire her... YOU LOSE, SHE WALKS WITH PUNITIVE DAMAGE.

So you PC control freaks really need to use your brains before you step in peoples "funk."

Old 05-13-2015, 12:18 PM

546 posts, read 408,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Also, in order to boycott Subway, I would have to start eating there, and that just isn't going to happen.
Ditto.

All the advertising about how "fresh" they are, but it's pre-sliced meat taken out of a bin, and the meat has that stale refrigerator smell to it. Bleah.

Tons of better sandwich shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events