Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 06:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,942,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I don't see her as anything other than a Caucasian woman with bad hair. I worked with a woman who had the same perm - except she dyed it red. She reminded me of Crusty the Clown.
Did you know Carol Channing is half black (never revealed to the public until she was 80, but she had a black dad)

Looks can be deceiving.

This particular woman has two white parents, but many people who are biracial look white - not light skinned either, just white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,036,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
He said sideshow bob didnt he? And she does look like sideshow bob LOL Sorry its just how it is. You start looking ridiculous when you make a halloween costume with makeup as your permanent identity.
You. Really. Don't. Get. It. Do. You??

Old 06-13-2015, 06:45 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I bet she was surprised!
Oh yes! I'm not sure that she ever forgave me.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You. Really. Don't. Get. It. Do. You??
Yes, I did mean Sideshow Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Parents say NAACP leader passed herself as black for years-sideshowbob.jpg  

Old 06-13-2015, 06:53 PM

520 posts, read 533,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Yes, I did mean Sideshow Bob.
Apparently I got it fine LOL and youre right on.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:54 PM

297 posts, read 294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh believe me, I get what you're saying. I think it's sort of crazy.

On the other hand, as the mother of four truly beautiful biracial kids, I'm very proud of the way they carry themselves, the way they present themselves, their healthy weights, beautiful hair, great skin and teeth, etc. I admire the way they dress (they each have their own sort of style and they all have a real flare for the unique), and I think they're gorgeous. Apparently lots of other people do too, and I won't ever expect them to apologize for who they are and what mixture of genes resulted in their exceptional good looks (all of them are better looking than either their father or me!).
I'm sure you are very proud of your children. Based on the information that you've provided, they seem like wonderful people. It's truly a blessing to have healthy, vibrant, intelligent, polite -good looking children. I don't think they should ever feel the need to apologize for being biracial or multi racial. They should relish in embracing their blended family and background.

I simply wish the media featured more middle and upper income black families. There seems to be a concerted effort to only feature low income -poverty stricken black people. Unfortunately, because most are accustomed to watching the worst depictions of blacks, they don't realize there are many middle and upper income healthy, vibrant, intelligent, polite -good looking black children who are raised quite well by their loving black successful parents.

Quote:
On occasion, they have each been asked to "represent" the African American perspective. Can you say "AWKWARD?" My oldest daughter even called once to ask me, "Mom, am I black?" because her pastor had asked her to go give a talk to a group of AA young women about choosing birth control or adoption or whatever over abortion. (let's please not get into a debate about that - the point was that her pastor considered her to be African American and that's why he asked if she would go speak at an AA church on the matter).
I have a few biracial friends who do not have any issues w/ letting people know they are mixed race. This is the only way to stop the "one drop rule" concept. More people must begin to understand that mixed race people are proud to represent themselves as they truly are.

I'm not sure why your daughter's pastor asked her to give a talk to a group of AA young women about choosing birth control or adoption over abortion. Shouldn't a Pastor advocate to his congregation --no sex before marriage? Surely, many believe this is unrealistic, but it's best to set the bar at the highest level (when possible).

Quote:
My youngest daughter is the darkest skinned of my kids, and many people assume she's straight up African American. So she has a very different perspective on race than my oldest daughter, who is more obviously biracial. In her career, she has self identified as African American, mainly because it has just been easier than trying to explain "what" she is, but she has still had to deal with prejudice from both black and white co workers.
She should feel at liberty, irrespective of her skin color to identify as a mixed race/biracial woman, because that is who she is.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Did you know Carol Channing is half black (never revealed to the public until she was 80, but she had a black dad)

Looks can be deceiving.

This particular woman has two white parents, but many people who are biracial look white - not light skinned either, just white.
Does she look like a black woman without the dyed black hair? I see a big Eastern European nose, blue eyes ... not a black woman trying to be white, or a white woman trying to be black, but a Caucasian with with bad hair.

Original Photo: Rachel Dolezal Might Not Be Black : snopes.com
Attached Thumbnails
Parents say NAACP leader passed herself as black for years-rachel-dolezal-now-then-blond.jpg  

Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM

520 posts, read 533,006 times
That is really really bad hair heh. Looking at that before and after picture. How the hell do you get the hair from the before picture to get to the hair in the after? LOL it looks like 3 times the volume. I think she stuck her finger in the toaster personally.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
That is really really bad hair heh. Looking at that before and after picture. How the hell do you get the hair from the before picture to get to the hair in the after? LOL it looks like 3 times the volume. I think she stuck her finger in the toaster personally.
I thought the same thing, but thought better of making such a remark. She's a hairdo queen, apparently approaching women with black children and offering to make their hair right. Did those poor moms think that she could make their children's hair look like her permed, dyed Caucasian hair?

What a racket she had going!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:19 PM

35,137 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
A liberal college professor that's a total, complete, 100% fake toolbag? No way!

But other than her being a liar, why does it matter if she's white?
Fraud is fraud and a racket is a racket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events