Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 04:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

^^THIS!! What's sad is that it was the sixties or "free love" generation that helped to knock down the shackles of racial separatism. We were supposed to be ushered in the AGE OF AQUARIUS, but certain powers that be have figured out ways to still keep us segregated, while still saying we're living in a "post-racial" society. Lol
Hey, all I can say is "speak for yourselves." I've done my part when it comes to integration and racial equality and raising kids and influencing grandkids to think outside the color lines. No one needs to "wait for me to die off" to clear the racist funk out of the room. I opened the door to let some fresh air in a LONG time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
She was briefly married to a black man and they have one son.
Til, he found out she was a Psycho lying con artist, and ran as fast as he could

Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore Marciano View Post
The average African American is 80 percent Sub Saharan African and your husband is only 3 percent Sub Saharan African. At only 1/32 Negro ancestry, were you really expecting your husband to look like Cedric The Entertainer . That is like expecting someone who is only 3 percent European to look like Chris Pratt.
Nope. I had no idea he had one single speck of African blood in him. And it's WESTERN African, not sub Saharan African - there's a difference when it comes to DNA.

I don't have a speck of African blood in me and yet my husband, who has not only African, but Jewish and Native American DNA looks a lot "whiter" than I do. That is my only point - that we can't go by the way a person LOOKS.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Well you just admitted that at least one time he did it. I don't know of any others but it's still deception. And of course rest assured he will use that to his advantage in the upcoming election.

I mean, I spent six months in Spain, I speak fluent Spanish and I even have a Mexican boyfriend. I guess I should call my university and tell them I was actually Hispanic the whole time and see if I can get any diversity back pay.
Well, since "hispanic" isn't a race - if you identify with the Hispanic culture and live a life within that culture, I guess you can call yourself that if you like. More power to you.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:29 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you have a link to support that? I know she was briefly married to an AA man but I am having a hard time finding any evidence that they had a child together.
"Dolezal is divorced from Kevin Moore, an African-American man who was a medical student at Howard University. They married in May 2000.[52][16][6]
In 2010, with the consent of her parents, she obtained legal guardianship of her adoptive black brother, who was then 16 years old.[14][53] She and Moore have one son, who is 13 years old as of June 2015.[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Come to think of it, which son is she talking about when she mentions the 13 year old son who slept in her bed for two weeks because he was so afraid of her hate crime letter? One wasn't adopted until he was 16, and the other just turned 13.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
"Dolezal is divorced from Kevin Moore, an African-American man who was a medical student at Howard University. They married in May 2000.[52][16][6]
In 2010, with the consent of her parents, she obtained legal guardianship of her adoptive black brother, who was then 16 years old.[14][53] She and Moore have one son, who is 13 years old as of Ju"ne 2015.[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal
OK, thanks!

Old 06-13-2015, 04:30 PM

297 posts, read 294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Til, he found out she was a Psycho lying con artist, and ran as fast as he could
I imagine that her black ex husband wanted a white woman, that's why he married her. When Rachel decided that she wanted to identify as a black woman, he decided it was time to leave.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,955,326 times
How is Bruce Jenner inspirational and this girl isn't?

The quotes like "Bruce was always a woman, even if it wasn't physically".

Hypocrisy at it's best.

I see neither as inspirational. I just find it annoying how stupid the media is to make either a big deal.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
^^THIS!! What's sad is that it was the sixties or "free love" generation that helped to knock down the shackles of racial separatism. We were supposed to be ushered in the AGE OF AQUARIUS, but certain powers that be have figured out ways to still keep us segregated, while still saying we're living in a "post-racial" society. Lol
Well, the Boomers also created the racial guidelines and racial categories we have today, and are still in power so they ultimately responsible. Their social experimentation left us with what we have to deal with today "A big pile of Poo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hey, all I can say is "speak for yourselves." I've done my part when it comes to integration and racial equality and raising kids and influencing grandkids to think outside the color lines. No one needs to "wait for me to die off" to clear the racist funk out of the room. I opened the door to let some fresh air in a LONG time ago.
Your model is what the Boomers should have left us with

Old 06-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I imagine that her black ex husband wanted a white woman, that's why he married her. When Rachel decided that she wanted to identify as a black woman, he decided it was time to leave.
He had to know that she wasn't black
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events