Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 01:50 PM

19,855 posts, read 12,127,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Obviously yes. She has pretty much left a trail of carnage in her web of lies. She's hurt Howard U., the UNCF, the NAACP, local race relations, the police department, her family, and obviously herself.
Not to mention her sons. What will they think if they see her out of her makeup? When they realize their mom is actually a white woman pretending to be black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 01:52 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,036,359 times
Quote:
Obviously yes. She has pretty much left a trail of carnage in her web of lies. She's hurt Howard U., the UNCF, the NAACP, local race relations, the police department, her family, and obviously herself.
Her "family"? You mean her parents who don't want to be classified as having "black" ancestry?

She didn't hurt any of those other institutions either. From what I've read she did a lot of great things during her attendance and tenure at all of them.

So what is this REALLY about for you and all the other blacks who are complaining?

You're from New Orleans, right?

I've always considered Louisianans, especially those from the Big Easy more knowledgeable about these fake racial social constructs the puritans put on them after they were acquired by the US. They weren't having these issues under the french and spaniards.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
That's not really relevant, though. This is like someone who isn't a Vietnam vet falsely claiming to be one in order to procure benefits specifically reserved for Vietnam War vets.

It isn't who she identifies with, or how she prefers to "pass", it's lying for personal/professional gain. She could easily be jailed for stealing from Howard and for making up the KKK stories.

She is being held to negative reaction for trying to "pass" for "personal gain" just like those blacks did 50 or so years ago to have a "better life".

And we don't know if those KKK stories are made up. The police haven't been able to prove it either way.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:58 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,228,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Her "family"? You mean her parents who don't want to be classified as having "black" ancestry?

She didn't hurt any of those other institutions either. From what I've read she did a lot of great things during her attendance and tenure at all of them.

So what is this REALLY about for you and all the other blacks who are complaining?

I've always considered Louisianans, especially those from the Big Easy more knowledgeable about these fake racial social constructs the puritans put on them after they were acquired by the US. They weren't having these issues under the french and spaniards.
LOL... I don't think NOLA101 is black..

Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,356,572 times
Quote:
Well, yeah. She claimed her father sexually abused her. She claimed she grew up in a tee pee in South Africa. She claimed her brother was her son, and a friend was a father.
Quote:
Really? Lying and stealing isn't "hurting" these institutions? Am I allowed to head down to Howard University right now and steak 60k, and they'll be fine with it? The UNCF has no problem with non-blacks lying about their race to take their scholarships? The NAACP has no problem with their regional heads sending racist notes to themselves and then claiming the KKK sent it?

It's the United Negro College Fund for a reason. It specifically exists to give those of African descent financial assistance in university studies. Taking their scholarship money under pretenses of being black is as fraudulent of taking scholarship money specifically intended for veterans, or cancer survivors, or 9-11 offspring, or the handicapped. etc. I can't just say "I am a cancer survivor" if I'm not. That isn't right.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:02 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,356,572 times
Quote:

And we don't know if those KKK stories are made up. The police haven't been able to prove it either way.
The police have videotape of her planting the letters. They dropped all eight investigations where she claimed that hate groups are going after her. I think that's pretty clear that the police think she's a liar, as every case was closed.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
One interesting observation- it's been widely reported that many white Americans have some trace African ancestry. So what if she really was say 3% African? 1%? 0.1%? Is that enough to justify identifying as black? If not what is the magic number? 15%? 20%? Half? Because I think there are a lot of people who identify as black and may have black ancestry but a small amount. Are those people also con artists? I'm not sure if this subject has really been broached too much.

Up until the 1960s, the WASP power structure made it perfectly clear that "one-drop" of black blood made you black no matter how "aryan" you might look to keep the superiority thing going.

Just cause it was struck down legally in the 60s doesn't mean that generations upon generations of americans STILL don't believe it to be true.

Many of those same whites born before 1975 who find out through genetic testing of their AA ancestry will keep that info to themselves until death. They will say they are mixed with native american to throw off the exoticness of certain features.

Blacks will accept a 2% person with AA ancestry as "black", because the one-drop rule conditioning was BRUTALLY enforced where they had no choice, but to accept it.

It will change with this last generation and the ones coming up in the future, because the old guard who enforced these ridiculous racial social constructs will be dead and gone by then.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The police have videotape of her planting the letters. They dropped all eight investigations where she claimed that hate groups are going after her. I think that's pretty clear that the police think she's a liar, as every case was closed.
Wow.

Crazy.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
LOL... I don't think NOLA101 is black..
Lol, oh, I assumed, because they seem so..."upset" at the fact that a traditional BLACK institution like Howard U got "scammed" by the fake black chick. LOL

Old 06-13-2015, 02:11 PM

297 posts, read 294,749 times
Quote:

Rachel was able to pass as a fair skinned blue eyed woman, because all too often blacks accept anything and everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events