Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
MJ and Sosa didnt claim they were white, create a fake upbringing, lie to just about everybody, and profit off of their cons.
So it's not so much about her wanting to be black and identifying as black, as it is about the deception?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 09:30 AM

520 posts, read 532,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
So it's not so much about her wanting to be black and identifying as black, as it is about the deception?
Why is this so complicated for you? She is not black and she is a liar. It's everything in totality.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:31 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Barbara View Post
Get over yourselves. Everyone is part everything. We're all black. We're all white. We're all Hispanic. We're all Asian. Their DNA shows that Yo Yo Ma and Eva Longoria are related. This is the way the world works.
The difference is we are not lying about our past, making false claims, calling our adopted brother our black son, to make up a person we are not. She clearly has been caught in her lies. When asked if she was African American she said she did not understand the question. Her whole life has been trying to fake that she is African American. The one question she definitely should understand is that one. LOL.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:36 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Why is this so complicated for you? She is not black and she is a liar. It's everything in totality.
Actually I think you are oversimplifying it. People change their appearance all the time because they want to be perceived differently. Maybe they aren't overtly lying like she did but they are portraying a different look than what they originally were. And I don't see what the big deal is if it makes them feel better. I get that she has lied and I don't agree with that but I don't see what the big deal is with her wanting to change her appearance.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The same arguments that apply to transgenders also apply to "transracers".
I guess that's the next new term..transrace.

We decided to go down this path and you can't start cherry picking now.
Oh for Pete's sake, that is ridiculous.

There are many people who are neither predominantly one race or another. There's nothing unusual about it. You don't have set biological roles as you do with sex. A person can adopt the cultural mores of any segment, there no physiology stopping you.

She appears to be loose with the truth regarding her background and lawd knows what else.

It is my opinion that one day they'll discover a biological reason for transgenders, we just don't have the science yet.

Meanwhile, race is fluid and becoming more so as interracial relationships become less and less taboo and thankfully not unusual.

You can identify with whatever race/culture you wish, no need to lie. Which makes me wonder what is going on here.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:05 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The difference is we are not lying about our past, making false claims, calling our adopted brother our black son, to make up a person we are not. She clearly has been caught in her lies.

When asked if she was African American she said she did not understand the question. Her whole life has been trying to fake that she is African American. The one question she definitely should understand is that one. LOL.
This is certainly odd that this woman managed to get through college and make a really "good place" for herself in this world (despite an apparent problem with reality)...unfortunately it appears to be based on a complete deception.

It doesn't matter to me in any way, shape, or form, however if her entire adult life is based on this deception, she may lose some credibility. But then again this may be just what she needs to propel her into a more high powered position somewhere.

Yeah, over time she'll be fine...regardless as it does not appear that "lying" would be grounds for failure.

ETA: ‘Are you an African American?’ Why an NAACP official isn’t saying. - The Washington Post

Old 06-13-2015, 10:31 AM

185 posts, read 253,097 times
I'm not black, so I don't get a vote, but it seems pretty hinky to me. This might open the floodgates to white cops "feeling" black because they work in predominantly black neighborhoods, and the end of hate crimes because the perp "identifies" as black and his family will swear to it.

She's not hurting anyone now. But wait until lawyers jump on board and start using this as a precedent.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
For those people still harping on about how she looks, you just cannot tell a person's racial/ethnic background on looks alone. Exhibit A - Gabrielle Reece had a black father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh for Pete's sake, that is ridiculous.

There are many people who are neither predominantly one race or another. There's nothing unusual about it. You don't have set biological roles as you do with sex. A person can adopt the cultural mores of any segment, there no physiology stopping you.

She appears to be loose with the truth regarding her background and lawd knows what else.

It is my opinion that one day they'll discover a biological reason for transgenders, we just don't have the science yet.

Meanwhile, race is fluid and becoming more so as interracial relationships become less and less taboo and thankfully not unusual.

You can identify with whatever race/culture you wish, no need to lie. Which makes me wonder what is going on here.
Great post. Yup definitely more going on here, and I'm not sure I'd believe everything her parents have to say either going on the law suit and all that.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:36 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Wonder if she's waiting for her share of Repatriation money for her Black Family enslaved 150 years ago.

She's got a pretty good scam going on.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
I really don't understand what the problem is. Obviously she self-identifies as black. So what? So does Vin Diesel. Bruce Jenner self-identifies as a woman. Jeb Bush self-identifies as Hispanic. These are just a few examples.

From what I've read, she did an exemplary job for the NAACP, and they are supporting her, as are many blacks. At a time when white corporate employers are dumping their white employees and replacing them with cheaper foreign imports AND forcing them to train their replacements (H1B Visa program), who is setting the better example?

The only thing I take issue with are false reports of "hate crimes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events