Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 10:47 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times

Advertisements

Putting on Black face is considered "Racist" and offensive to Blacks.

Is she not doing the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 11:11 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,178,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Putting on Black face is considered "Racist" and offensive to Blacks.

Is she not doing the same thing?
Oh, please.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times
This girl is no different from the thousands of other job seekers who wear makeup and use an "enhanced" resume.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I understand all too well about the one drop rule in the U.S. I'm merely pointing out that Mariah Cary and Ben Jealous are both mixed-race people who choose to identify as black.
I'm pointing out that they didn't have a choice. They were raised to be black because their parents didn't have a choice.

Quote:
Almost every black person in America knows there's always been many advantages afforded to mixed race individuals. Unfortunately, although they are often classified as "black," they are still considered better simply because they come closer to the European ideal.
Until recently, that advantage has been as reliable as a single sheet of toilet paper. It didn't buy anyone a house in a white area, or admission to a white school, or a ticket into a white movie theater. Lena Horne may have played in white clubs, but she didn't get to go to the ladies' rooms in those clubs--she still had to pee in a cup. White society has always made it very clear to light-skinned blacks that they are not members of the club.

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that Rachel doesn't know about the excessive colorism in the black community? She clearly understands that as a so called "black" woman with fair-skin, she is placed above actual brown/dark black woman. -Mariah knows this as well...
Yeah, colorism is a problem for black people, but whether it really boils down to an overall advantage is questionable, and I've got a light-skinned daughter who can talk to you for hours about that. It only seems like an advantage. There is a reason for the "tragic mulatto" stereotype.

Interestingly, a white man who can get over the basic race issue itself to love a black woman tends not to be colorist. If he had been hung up on "white," he'd have stayed with white. If he has gotten over race, he doesn't care about color.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,598,532 times
Since when are wannabees big news?
She grew up with a black sib, she probably just wanted to be like him and lie one day..........20 years later 450 lies later. You know how it goes. I can't wait to see the movie.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:27 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If Bruce can transition into a woman...why can't this lady transition from a white woman to a black woman????? It seems like a much smaller jump.

Shouldn't we be celebrating a person's bravery for transitioning into their true racial identity???
What a truly ridiculous post.

A crazy woman lying about her race to get scholarships from universities, and race-based job preferences, and lying about KKK attacks, and claiming she grew up in a teepee in South Africa, and saying that her brother is her son, is quite a bit different from a guy undergoing medical changes to better reflect his identity.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
A liberal college professor that's a total, complete, 100% fake toolbag? No way!

But other than her being a liar, why does it matter if she's white?
Because she claimed discrimination and racist remarks aimed at her for being black!

Old 06-13-2015, 11:52 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
People like this are just sick in the head because they cannot accept who they are. Instead, they create this fantasy world and actually convince themselves that they're someone else.
This is where identity politics has taken us. If you "identify" as X, even if you're not X, then you're X, and it doesn't matter what anyone else says. I mean, that's 100% what gender-identity politics has become, so it's no surprise to see it happening with race, too.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:56 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

You can identify with whatever race/culture you wish, no need to lie.
Cool! So even though I'm a straight white male, I can identify as a black lesbian if I want to? That's how it works these days, right?

Old 06-13-2015, 11:58 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
What a truly ridiculous post.

A crazy woman lying about her race to get scholarships from universities, and race-based job preferences, and lying about KKK attacks, and claiming she grew up in a teepee in South Africa, and saying that her brother is her son, is quite a bit different from a guy undergoing medical changes to better reflect his identity.
Both have mental issues, regardless of what degree vs. one another.

BTW - Don't bother to post how I am being insensitive, not PC, and/or try to label me, as I have heard it from the enlightened/tolerant/PC crowd plenty of times before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events