Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 09:14 PM

16,608 posts, read 8,625,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
How do you have 20k Rep points with such a lopsided View of our Government
Call it both ways are you just look bad. George lying about weapons of mass destruction will always be the biggest lie ever told to the American People. George set the Standard, Obama just followed the Blue Print

Bush was going on faulty intelligence information, so nice try on the intentional lie aspect.
And before you try to claim otherwise, Hillary is now defending her vote for the war saying she based her vote on the faulty information as well. So if Bush is a liar, then you must call Hillary one as well.

As to Bill Clinton lying, he went out of his way to not only lie to the American public in a national broadcast to save his own skin, but wagged his finger at us no less. That takes hubris and a level of arrogance and deceit well beyond the pale.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If she is fraudulent she deserves every criticism, I don't know her genetic make-up though, neither do you?

Quit being obtuse. Her parents obviously know her heritage and their own.

But don't take my word for it, listen to them say it in this video;

Watch XFINITY Videos Online | Music | News | Entertainment | Sports | TV | HD | Comcast

`

Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM

520 posts, read 532,695 times
Dude quit responding to old posts and bumping things up. Those things were said 4 hours ago.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:25 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I suspect that they had just finally had enough. And they felt rejected as parents, and genuinely concerned about their daughter.

Rachel Dolezal's Parents Say She Has A History Of 'Seeking To Reinvent Reality'
There's more to it than that I suspect. I don't think concerned parents would throw their daughter under the bus like that out of concern for her welfare. Apparently she got legal custody of her adopted black brother in 2010 due to alleged abuse and there may be an ongoing legal dispute. Might be a ploy to tarnish her reputation to bolster their case. It certainly worked.

The NAACP doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it according to the cnn article. She appears to have a good track record with promoting civil rights according to them and the NAACP accepts people of all races. She may have been dishonest with her race but the NAACP doesn't seem to care too much as she has been doing the job right apparently.

Race of Rachel Dolezal, Spokane NAACP head, questioned - CNN.com

Old 06-12-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There's more to it than that I suspect. I don't think concerned parents would throw their daughter under the bus like that out of concern for her welfare. Apparently she got legal custody of her adopted black brother in 2010 due to alleged abuse and there may be an ongoing legal dispute. Might be a ploy to tarnish her reputation to bolster their case. It certainly worked.

The NAACP doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it according to the cnn article. She appears to have a good track record with promoting civil rights according to them and the NAACP accepts people of all races. She may have been dishonest with her race but as far as I know she's at least doing the job right.

Race of Rachel Dolezal, Spokane NAACP head, questioned - CNN.com
Tarnish her reputation how exactly? Exposing shes a con artist? Newsflash she IS a con artist and she is white.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,024,842 times
Even though there WAS an investigation into her hat crime claims....that's sill no reason for the parents to be doing media interviews. They could just as easily had no comment. WHY do people feel they need to speak to the media. NO, they don't.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So she lied. Big damn deal.

I think there's some cultural conditioning that makes people demonize any form of lying.

Why is everyone so fixated on that, when it should be the intent that actually matters? She wants to help blacks have a better life -- what is so wrong about that? The ends justify the means IMO.

I think there are just people who are looking for any excuse to detract from the real issue and the NAACP's efforts to address it.
Classic liberal speak for getting what they want no matter the cost. Party over country.

However let it be a conservative political effort, and they cry foul and condemn them for it.
So the liberal manifesto should read "we are proud hypocrites, what of it?"

Read ;

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_30w932kbyz_b

Old 06-12-2015, 09:29 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Tarnish her reputation how exactly? Exposing shes a con artist? Newsflash she IS a con artist and she is white.
Well exactly. They had the dirt on her and they exposed her.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now why would someone that has "white privilege" attempt to be black?
I totally understand the whole "white privilege" thing, but it's largely blown waaaaaay out of proportion, misused, and, like anything else, has to be taken into context.

In the context of people in the radical social justice movement, "white privilege" is such a go-to buzzword and defense mechanism for many repugnant ideas that it's natural that white people who are engaged in it and deeply feel for social justice causes will try to distance themselves from it so that their voices and opinions can be included in discourse - the attitude being that white people can never, and will never "get it." For someone who is white, who "gets it," and really, really, sincerely feels for these causes, they're basically told that they'll never actually be a part of the movement... they can be an ally, but it stops there.

I've known a number of people who deny their whiteness, for different reasons and different degrees. My ex-fiance's sister gained an affinity for black culture, married an African guy who barely spoke English, started trying to dred her hair and when that failed, went to braids... her family was a mix of Arab and French Canadian, so she and her siblings all looked fairly racially ambiguous, and she would tell people that she was half black. I went to high school in Cambridge, MA with a guy who wore a dashiki, spoke in African-American vernacular, referred to himself as "black," went to all manner of radical meetings, played the race card, etc, even though he was from an upper-middle class, British-descended family. A decade plus on, both of them are so entrenched in this way of life that I sincerely don't think that either of them actually realize that they aren't black.

There's also the "weeaboo" crowd - white people (mostly teens) who are obsessed with Asian, particularly Japanese, culture - and usually anime/manga/pop culture, or hoary old samurai/ninja crap, at that - to the point that they identify as culturally Asian and will go to great lengths to deny their whiteness. I live in China, speak two Asian languages, am engaged to a Chinese woman, will most likely be here for most of the rest of my life and raise a family that is more culturally Chinese than culturally "white," but that doesn't make me not white. To claim otherwise is just BS.

Part of the reason that this stuff happens, and will continue to happen, is because it is acceptable to mock and disparage "white culture" in America as being lame, stupid, shallow, or just plain nonexistent, all of which are quite offensive. White people who gravitate towards this more radicalized contemporary social justice movement are looking at a situation where they are told that they don't have any culture, don't have any valid opinions, are inherently responsible for the injustices that happen to minorities, etc, so it makes sense that some of them would go to great lengths to deny their whiteness and adopt a different culture as a means of validation.

In any case, this woman is such a doofus, and now that she's been busted, she's still trying to say that she's black... it's sad to watch.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Even though there WAS an investigation into her hat crime claims....that's sill no reason for the parents to be doing media interviews. They could just as easily had no comment. WHY do people feel they need to speak to the media. NO, they don't.
When you got a mentally defective child inventing fake back stories, a fake life, a fake family, fake idenities, and telling the whole family to be quiet, at some point you have to do something as a family. If it were my kid, I would have exposed them much much earlier before it reached this stage. Those parents are angels dealing with that nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events