Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 02:57 PM

20,128 posts, read 16,186,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If Bruce can transition into a woman...why can't this lady transition from a white woman to a black woman????? It seems like a much smaller jump.

Shouldn't we be celebrating a person's bravery for transitioning into their true racial identity???
That has been a comment I have been hearing all day. Logically it makes sense.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:58 PM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Why would her parents ever snitch on her?

Such a thing as family loyalty, and it isn't like her not "being black" was causing a problem to public safety or anything. I could see a parent dropping a dime on someone practicing surgery without a license, but in this case, the employer, the NAACP, was the responsible party to verify the woman's credentials.
Why should they bother to verify her race when their policy is that race is irrelevant to doing the job?

I don't actually carry a card that says I'm black. You'd have to go back to my birth certificate to see that my parents were listed as "Colored," but a lot of states don't require race on birth certificates anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 03:02 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,599,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
If you have Hispanic ancestry, by all means go ahead. If you don't, then that's on you. Don't complain about it though.

What is a Hispanic look, anyway, since Hispanic is not a race? I know -- people like my husband, who is Mexican-American with black hair and dark brown eyes. Or people like me, who have a "mulatta" look (tanned skin, curly hair). But the European looking girl whose ancestors largely emigrated from Spain? They're lying about being Hispanic? It's so silly to judge races based on looks, especially since races mix and whatever the likelihood, you'll have people who have features that go outside of what people associate with that race.

BTW, I guess I could have had my entire college education paid since I am multiracial AND have Latin origins (Brasil). And my kids, who are everything I am PLUS Mexican? They just hit the proverbial jackpot. In case you didn't realize, I'm being totally sarcastic. I received not one racially-based scholarship to college. In fact, for one reason or another I didn't even apply. The one I did receive, which was a partial, was based on a writing portfolio evaluation, grades, and the usual stuff. And I still had to pay -- in the form of work study and student loans.

Hispanic certainly is not a race , but Chicano and Mestizo certainly is a Hispanic Racial Grouping of
dark skinned people of European , American Indian/ Asian , Black African DNA.......

Old 06-12-2015, 03:06 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,583,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
... She wants to be black to be the professor of African-American studies or whatever it was, I want to be Hispanic for a free doctorate education. ...
i'm confused. do all hispanic-americans get to go to college for free ?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
All blacks don't have flat noses, large lips and big booties just as all whites don't have pointy noses, thin lips and flat booties.
Thank you for not being glued to stupid like a lot of these other posters.........LOL

Old 06-12-2015, 03:16 PM

110 posts, read 123,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Why would her parents ever snitch on her?

Such a thing as family loyalty, and it isn't like her not "being black" was causing a problem to public safety or anything. I could see a parent dropping a dime on someone practicing surgery without a license, but in this case, the employer, the NAACP, was the responsible party to verify the woman's credentials.
Actually, I believe that the parents and the woman had been estranged for many years and they said they never told anyone, because they had never been asked before.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Good for them. It's what they should do. But as others have said, the "people she is fighting against" (aka whites, I assume you mean) have a problem with her, primarily, not because she is pretending to not be white but because she is lying, creating embellished stories that are obviously lies about her past. Pretending to be black (or whatever) in appearance is one thing, lying and creating all these stories, creating a whole new identity from your imagination and using it against a group of people is another. It's a mental illness. She has a problem.

Quick name one European Caucasian who has never ' lied " I will only give you 24 hours to do so...LOL

Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,825,141 times
Has she been effective at her job?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:44 PM

19,855 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Quick name one European Caucasian who has never ' lied " I will only give you 24 hours to do so...LOL
European Caucasian?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:48 PM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
European Caucasian?
It's a shoe style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events