Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 07:00 AM

73,077 posts, read 62,706,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I know what your saying and I agree..... I live in an area of Glasgow that was notorious for bigotry, over religion... we had razor gangs back in the day...and segregated areas for each of the two main religions...Now Im not a bigot nor are my neighbours..I live beside decent hard working people who just want a quiet life.... what Im saying is that were not all the same as these bigotted hoodlums, what would the world be like if we were... I suppose where some people live and go to school play a big part with who they hang around with, as they ll be picked on if they dont join in...that part is sad as they have no hope. What if this assault would have been just all white girls.. would this thread have gone on so long........I doubt it.
I knew there had been gangs and knife attacks in Scotland. I am just now learning there had been sectarian violence in Glasgow. I thought it was all Ireland/Northern Ireland.

I feel like the violent, the bigoted, and the crazy get far more attention than the hardworking people. The ones who just want to do good things, they are being overshadowed by the bad. Bad gets far more attention than good.

I think about the people I work with, both Black and White. Decent, hardworking people. However, it will be videos like that which get the most attention.

If the fight had been all White women, even then it could take on a racial tone, but not like this thread. When the WalMart fight took place, it didn't look anything like this thread.

Trashy people should be called out period, Black or White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If the fight had been all White women, even then it could take on a racial tone, but not like this thread. When the WalMart fight took place, it didn't look anything like this thread.

Trashy people should be called out period, Black or White.
I disagree.

The shock value of this video is high due to the girl with the baby being assaulted off guard and the baby bouncing off the concrete.
Second to see the young male dance in joy while the girl assaults the other teen.

B or W, the extreme violence towards the innocent in the video is what shocks most people.
The violence is way beyond the 2 white women fighting in Walmart.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I disagree.

The shock value of this video is high due to the girl with the baby being assaulted off guard and the baby bouncing off the concrete.
Second to see the young male dance in joy while the girl assaults the other teen.

B or W, the extreme violence towards the innocent in the video is what shocks most people.
The violence is way beyond the 2 white women fighting in Walmart.
Well, this is the way I see it. The violence shocks alot of people. I can get that.

However, when I look at the thread about the Wal Mart fight in Indiana vs this thread, this is alot more racially charged. In fact, another thread about this video was started, making it a point to emphasize that this was a Black girl hitting another child. Instead of this being made about the child that got hurt, this is about "black people", at least that is what I get from this thread and another thread about this very event.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:19 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,954,839 times
There were plenty of "white trash" comments in the Walmart thread. Granted, that was simply a fight between two willing adults...the baby basher attacked the innocent in a manner that was simply astonishing - especially for someone her age.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
There were plenty of "white trash" comments in the Walmart thread. Granted, that was simply a fight between two willing adults...the baby basher attacked the innocent in a manner that was simply astonishing - especially for someone her age.
The keyword is "White trash". A specific segment of the White population was called out. It wasn't "Whites", it was the trash of the population. A distinction was made. I seem to be the only one making the distinction between "hood rats" and "decent Black people".

Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,954,839 times
Quote:
The keyword is "White trash". A specific segment of the White population was called out. It wasn't "Whites", it was the trash of the population. A distinction was made. I seem to be the only one making the distinction between "hood rats" and "decent Black people".
I don't think anyone has said the animal involved here is representative of every black person on the planet. And if someone says "black trash" at it again or "hood rats" strike again - I'm sure people would get into lengthy race discussions about that too.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 AM

755 posts, read 676,368 times
Quote:
Well, this is the way I see it. The violence shocks alot of people. I can get that.

However, when I look at the thread about the Wal Mart fight in Indiana vs this thread, this is alot more racially charged. In fact, another thread about this video was started, making it a point to emphasize that this was a Black girl hitting another child. Instead of this being made about the child that got hurt, this is about "black people", at least that is what I get from this thread and another thread about this very event.

Racists people have to look for reinforcement for their racists views, otherwise they'd have to be held accountable by their own consciousness. So, when racists see any black person committing a heinous act, they call them racially motivated names and say "see how black people are." not those individually, but you already know this, so why be upset. I am not.

A white person is a white person.

A black person is black people.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:41 AM

755 posts, read 676,368 times
Quote:
I agree. Be specific.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:39 AM

18 posts, read 17,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree. And what about the reflection on our culture when people stand by laughing, dancing and videoing (with the caption: "funny") an assault like this? If one is capable of something like this - what would they NOT do?

Seem like with the invention of live recording, people do not know how to react to stupid situations.

On the plus side, this is evidence. I wonder if that baby got injured, the way he fell on the floor, that was just TERRIBLE!

Old 06-30-2015, 10:07 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,736 times
Did they at least arrest her and the idiots videotaping and dancing? People cant just say, "oh, it's terrible," and move on.
Laws and punishment need to be enforced. Unfortunately, there probably is a snake lawyer who would defend her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events