Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah - I'm sure the cop wants to pull you over and pull your non-compliant a** out of the car so he can murder you.

There is no reason to defy a police officer's orders or even question him or her. You have an issue with the arrest, you contact an attorney after the fact to check the legality of everything that was done/all the reasoning. I know someone (a white young male! *gasp* ) who was arrested and contacted an attorney after complying and accepting the fact that he was being taken to jail for a night, and the attorney realized the cop had broken some protocol/laws while arresting him. That was the main reason charges were later dropped.

There is no "my version" of anything. This is just a classic example of another idiot who decided to not listen to a police officer, to in some way make her arrest more difficult than it had to be. Happens all the time; always used to except the difference is, now in 2015, we blame the cops when people decide to fight officers or say too much.

This.
She wouldn't step out of her car because she was likely in fear for her life. You can understand why she might have those feelings at that moment correct? We now know she had every reason to be very afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 03:16 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,913,173 times
There is a newly release video taken from the dash cam. It is pretty dull until around the 6:28 minute mark. The officer got irritated over basically nothing. He pulls her out of the car and out of the view of his dash cam.

Newly Released Dashcam Video Shows Sandra Bland Traffic Stop - NBC News

Old 07-22-2015, 03:39 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Cop was massively stupid himself. Pulling her out of a car!?! If I were being physically pulled out of a car I would think I'm about to be assaulted and murdered on the road there.
U.S. Supreme Court has acknowledged that a traffic stop is a form of arrest as it is a significant restraint of the driver's freedom which can evolve into an arrest with Miranda Rights and having to secure the person. The woman in the video brought this upon herself.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
There's nothing strange about it. Mentally ill people kill themselves all the time.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
U.S. Supreme Court has acknowledged that a traffic stop is a form of arrest as it is a significant restraint of the driver's freedom which can evolve into an arrest with Miranda Rights and having to secure the person. The woman in the video brought this upon herself.
Wrong. A traffic stop is a basically a Terry Stop. A Terry Stop is a form of detention. Detention is not an arrest.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,058,836 times
I have been pulled over and it is, "Yes ma'am, Yes Sir." the radio is off and the cigarettes extinguished.

It's a no brainer.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:40 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Because the cop escalated the situation. Uh. in case you haven't read, the cop has a history of racial discrimination and was suspended without pay to get himself right with the Lord. He's a ticking time bomb. But of course, that conflicts with your version so just ignore his record, ignore the facts and operate on tired dogma.

Cop seemed polite on the full dash cam video. I don't think her calling him a pu$$y cop helped much or not complying?

Do you carry on like that at traffic stops?

Also she survived the traffic stop, so the cop's behavior isn't really in question.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Ironic, in several Liberal states it would be illegal to smoke in your own car.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
There is a newly release video taken from the dash cam. It is pretty dull until around the 6:28 minute mark. The officer got irritated over basically nothing. He pulls her out of the car and out of the view of his dash cam.

Newly Released Dashcam Video Shows Sandra Bland Traffic Stop - NBC News
There are quite a few 'glitches' in that video. It's being investigated as to why. Equipment malfunction? Deliberate editing?

I'm going with editing, myself.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I have been pulled over and it is, "Yes ma'am, Yes Sir." the radio is off and the cigarettes extinguished.

It's a no brainer.
That's you. What that police officer did was inexcusable. Defending his actions is being intellectually dishonest. He basically arrested her for smoking in her vehicle which is a bunch of bull crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events